No announcement yet.

Message for SN and WSU Players/Coaches/Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything Shockerman said is correct. Go support the team. Win or lose today, the program has been built and will continue to be built in a way that Shocker fans should be proud to have on their side.

I really don’t have much of a problem with anything she said except the shots at flyingMoose. The silver lining here is that great posters often go unappreciated and because of her comments, Moose has been given all the accolades and support he has deserved for some time. While we are at it give 1972Shocker some mancrush (or other) love for his work on all Shocker sports.
    Last edited by shoxlax; May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      While we are at it give 1972Shocker some mancrush (or other) love for his work on all Shocker sports.
      +1

Comment

Everything [USER="599"]While we are at it give 1972Shocker some mancrush (or other) love for his work on all Shocker sports.
        Thanks for the complement although I'm only one small cog in the Shockernet machine. One thing Shockernet does do is to provide a platform that perhaps allows a person to test and challenge how strong of a free speech proponent they are. It is not always easy to accept others opinions without perhaps getting a little too personal and combative at times. Learning how to disagree without being disagreeable is not really something that seems to come naturally to most human beings. Shockernet provides a good training ground for that and it certainly gets messy at times.

Comment

To HCBK ... What is least effective when shooting PK's: 1) stutter stepping feint, 2) instep to upper 90, or 3) inside foot to side-net?

OOOOOOOhhhh, you don't know **** about sports because you can't answer that. Neener, neener, neener!

And yet most Shockernetters know the answer to that one. BOOOM!!!

But in all seriousness, good luck today kicking FAU's arse!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

How did I miss this delightfully dishful thread??? Oh, that's right. I don't watch girl's sports.

C'mon... that's not entirely true. I have been to a girl's softball game, and I have been to multiple volleyball.

Politically, I'm starting to lean against folks pushing women into competitive sports. I don't think it's healthy in the long run. Today's women are in a crisis (anybody see Barbie?), and part of that crisis is that they've been sold a bill of goods regarding what a women is supposed to be. We can't escape our biology.

Men play sports because it simulates war - something we've been engaging in since we first crawled out of the goo (or appeared at the waving of the Almighty's hand). Men NEED competition, resistance, challenge, and suffering to feel like men. Women just the opposite. They naturally bring comfort, peace, life, etc.

Women have been trying for decades to become men. It's never going to work out in the long run for their health. And it's definitely not helping on the reproductive front.

And men? We have our own problems, and a good first step is to let us start being men again. And no, I'm not talking about misogynism.

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
              I will say one more thing, and then leave this where it is with pretty much all my thoughts out there...

For being a bunch of idiots who don't know sports and are just trolls when it comes to WSU athletics, we have sure had a big impact over the years...

image.png
              If you keep tooting your own horn, you're gonna tarnish what legacy you accidentally built for yourself. Dial it back a touch brother. Let others speak your praises.

This coming from CB...

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                - If a WSU team had to have a team meeting over negative things said on Shockernet, that's a direct reflection on me more so than anyone else. I'll own that and figure out a way to do better. I'm not sure what that means yet though. I'll admit I've been the Darron Boatright of Shockernet. I need to try and be a Kevin Saal -- that guy works hard, listens and makes a difference.

- We should think twice before hitting the enter key when referencing a player that's not playing well. Can you say it with more tact? Does it really need to be said? Would you tell his/her parent the exact same thing you are about to post if you were sitting in the stand right next to them?
                Steady as she goes Captain! This is a free speech issue. The softball coach wants to stifle it. You've been the best caretaker this site has ever had in this respect. Don't waver.

And I can't help but comment on the hypocrisy of the local chapter of the Shockernet Sewing Circle. Before you guys head out to burn the entire softball complex down, just know that your screeches of righteous indignation over what two people SAID are quite ironical. Maybe they were just trolling YOU!

People say ****, and they usually don't lose their jobs or go to jail. That's what makes this country great.

P.S. 99% of what any random person is coming to this site to read has to do with NIL. And I am the archvillian of that discussion (as it should be) from the perspective of the player, administration, and even some of the local lemmings. My response to that comes from the signature of a smart poster: The truth will set you free, but first it'll piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Steady as she goes Captain! This is a free speech issue. The softball coach wants to stifle it. You've been the best caretaker this site has ever had in this respect. Don't waver.

And I can't help but comment on the hypocrisy of the local chapter of the Shockernet Sewing Circle. Before you guys head out to burn the entire softball complex down, just know that your screeches of righteous indignation over what two people SAID are quite ironical. Maybe they were just trolling YOU!

People say ****, and they usually don't lose their jobs or go to jail. That's what makes this country great.
                  +10000
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                  Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Free speech is a right. But it comes with accountability. Everyone is free to choose what they say, some are just asking people in general to think before saying the first thing that comes to mind on your 4th Blantons watching the Shockers play.

Comment

Ehhhhhhh. Creating and publicly broadcasting profanity-laced team mantras based on specific fan names whose content you admit you have literally never consumed feels a little different to this coucher than 'just asking people in general to think before saying the first thing that comes to your mind.'

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        Free speech is a right. But it comes with accountability. Everyone is free to choose what they say, some are just asking people in general to think before saying the first thing that comes to mind on your 4th Blantons watching the Shockers play.
                        You might feel differently if the coach had a FDSB rally cry.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Does this make us the FSN Sports Forum
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Comment

Guy is a former Sports Anchor who is a KU troll. Ignore him.

Comment

Guy is a former Sports Anchor who is a KU troll. Ignore him.
                                What was the tweet and who was it? Account has been deleted

Comment

Working...
                                X