2024 AAC Softball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    HCKB pulling out the illegal substitution card to save Lainee's at bat might have saved the season.
    That is a weird rule, to say the least.

Comment

I was at the game, I must be confused. I thought Coach B appealed Lannie’s foul tip that was called a strike out when the catcher caught it. I thought Coach B said the ball hit the dirt and ultimately the base umpires agreed and Lainee got another swing resulting in a base hit. I never saw Coach B discuss a substitution issue. Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by shox7 View Post
        I was at the game, I must be confused. I thought Coach B appealed Lannie’s foul tip that was called a strike out when the catcher caught it. I thought Coach B said the ball hit the dirt and ultimately the base umpires agreed and Lainee got another swing resulting in a base hit. I never saw Coach B discuss a substitution issue. Did I miss something?
        According to Taylor it was a substitution issue.

Comment

Any thoughts on how the Shocks will approach their pitching tomorrow. It might depend on whether HCKB thinks the Shocks can earn an at-large bid by beating FAU tomorrow. If she thinks that is a good possibility she might roll Chloe back out tomorrow. That said I doubt that is what we will see. I think HCKB might try to get 4-5 innings out of Alison and Lauren and then bring Chloe in to finish if the situation warrants it.

FAU probably comes in with a lot of confidence considering how badly they roughed up our pitching when the visited the Shockers in March. Hopefully, they come in over-confident.

Comment

That was a strange story about Lainie's at bat. I will say it again. The strike out was a missed call. That ball absolutely hit the dirt. There were three distinct sounds, bat, dirt, glove. To have the umps miss that so bad, and again on appeal is terrible. Glad Lainie got to continue her at bat, no matter the reason.
            Go Shocks!

Comment

When we played FAU to start the Conference season they had an excellent approach at the plate. They forced Chloe to throw strikes and did not chase pitches out of the zone. Chloe was a little inconsistent with her pitches then. It seems she was getting squeezed a bit as well. That led to her frustration and ultimately she kind of unraveled. She has more consistency now. That said, I think KB goes with Lauren on a short leash with Allison ready if trouble brews. Allison has pitched well in that role this year, although it seems her inherited runners mostly score.
              Go Shocks!

Comment

Highlights of Shockers and Tulsa

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                  Highlights of Shockers and Tulsa
                  Some couch-troll color commentator on that broadcast said WSU should just put Barnard in the circle to pitch. She's gonna get in so much trouble.

Thanks for providing that link, flyingMoose. Even though it did seem to have a suspiciously high number of Tulsa highlights. I wonder if you did that on purpose. Hmmm.

Comment

Thanks Taylor and Stick for clarifying what happened during Lainie’s at bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
                      Thanks Taylor and Stick for clarifying what happened during Lainie’s at bat.
                      I actually find it almost unbelievable that this could happen. With the coach reporting the uniform number of the substitute and the umpire repeating that number back to the coach ... . I have seen coaches watch the umpire write the number on their lineup card to make sure all is what they intended. And nobody on the Tulsa bench heard the PA announce the "wrong" number? Just bizarre.

Caveat: Perhaps the coach/umpire exchange I described above does not happen. I have never been close enough to actually listen. :)
                      Last edited by flyingMoose; May 10, 2024, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

I actually find it almost unbelievable that this could happen. With the coach reporting the uniform number of the substitute and the umpire repeating that number back to the coach ... . I have seen coaches watch the umpire write the number on their lineup card to make sure all is what they intended. And nobody on the Tulsa bench heard the PA announce the "wrong" number? Just bizarre.

Caveat: Perhaps the coach/umpire exchange I described above does not happen. I have never been close enough to actually listen. :)
                        I will say .. I understand why the Tulsa Coach was so livid. Even though we benefitted, i really hate these "technicality" type rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I will say .. I understand why the Tulsa Coach was so livid. Even though we benefitted, i really hate these "technicality" type rules.
                          No doubt. If the shoe was on the other foot most of us would probably be royally pissed off.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 10, 2024, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• The way this tournament is structured makes it extremely difficult for any of the bottom 8 teams even with the 3 and 4 seeds, North Texas and Wichita State, advancing to the semifinals to join FAU and Charlotte. I see it as a real long shot, but it is not a no shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

KB does things like this on a regular basis. Her knowledge of the rules and their application is outstanding.
                              Go Shocks!

Comment

• Has anyone pointed out that the top three seeds in this tournament are Conference USA alums?

I didn't think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X