No announcement yet.

2024 AAC Softball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find this run-rule loss less painful then another 1-run loss would have been.

The odds were really stacked in favor of FAU and Charlotte.

Comment

• Now to see if we get offered and accept a bid to the other tournament. Had we won 3-4 of those one run games we lost we would probably be in mix, but doesn’t matter now. Inconsistent pitching and inability to get get some key hits were the biggest problems this year. Lucas being out completely changed the dynamics of our offense, although we were better than I expected.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Did anyone have a better view of the hit down the line by CC in the 4th that was called foul? I thought it was fair. KB did too by her reaction. I came home and watched the replay and nothing I have seen here makes me feel any different. Think we got hosed in a big moment.

Now for the real rant. I hate Charlotte's coach. I think she is completely classless. I get walking AB in the first and third. Make another player beat you. And we didn't. That's strategy. But to walk AB in the 5th, up 10 runs, to lead off the inning is the most classless, gutless, and cowardly thing I have seen on a ball field in some time. I hope her team realizes the implication of what that meant about them, "You're not good enough to get her out." I have no respect for the coach, not that she gif, and I hope they are 2 and done in the regional. It takes a lot for a team to take over the top spot on my loathing list, but Charlotte has done it. End of rant. (Maybe)
          Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post

Now for the real rant. I hate Charlotte's coach. I think she is completely classless. I get walking AB in the first and third. Make another player beat you. And we didn't. That's strategy. But to walk AB in the 5th, up 10 runs, to lead off the inning is the most classless, gutless, and cowardly thing I have seen on a ball field in some time. I hope her team realizes the implication of what that meant about them, "You're not good enough to get her out." I have no respect for the coach, not that she gif, and I hope they are 2 and done in the regional. It takes a lot for a team to take over the top spot on my loathing list, but Charlotte has done it. End of rant. (Maybe)
            On the last at-bat, I wanted Addie to switch batter's boxes after each pitch. You are right. Even if she homers, Charlotte still have their runs-ahead lead.
            Last edited by flyingMoose; May 11, 2024, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Highlights of the Championship Game

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                Did anyone have a better view of the hit down the line by CC in the 4th that was called foul? I thought it was fair. KB did too by her reaction. I came home and watched the replay and nothing I have seen here makes me feel any different. Think we got hosed in a big moment.

Especially considering its likely Addie's last game. Let her at least feel like she could TRY to help her team she's been with for 4 years.

Comment

• Addison Barnard’s historic softball career at Wichita State ends

The tears only came when the realization set in.

This could really be it.

After four years of working her way into the history books and helping turn Wichita State softball into a regional power, Addison Barnard played what is likely the final game of her record-breaking career on Saturday in the American Athletic Conference championship game. tournament at Wilkins Stadium.

She currently ranks alone at No. 4 all-time in NCAA history with 93 career home runs and a top-10 in career slugging percentage (.873), while holding the NCAA single-season record for home runs per game (0.63) in her hands. She holds the WSU single-season and career records for home runs, RBIs, total bases, slugging percentage and stolen bases and her name will forever be linked with Sydney McKinney as the greatest to ever come through Wichita.

“But I would trade all the accolades for one more game with this team,” Barnard said through tears.

Even if Barnard had been given a chance to swing away, it might not have made much difference on Saturday. Charlotte played a complete game, racking up 13 hits on offense and limiting WSU’s once explosive offense to four hits in five innings.

The effects of playing a fourth game in four days were evident in WSU’s performance in the circle. Freshman Chloe Barber started for the third straight day after throwing more than nine innings and 182 pitches in the previous 48 hours, as Charlotte hit all three WSU pitchers hard on Saturday.

“Those are the advantages of being in the top two and only having to play two games,” Bredbenner said. “They have two really good aces and you can throw one every game and stay fresh, while Chloe went out there for a (third) day in a row and tried to throw fresh softball. That is a tough challenge.”

Saturday provided a moment that is becoming increasingly rare in college sports: a farewell to an athlete who invested all four years with the same team, led them to new heights and had a genuine connection with the fans and the program.

In the age of the transfer portal, Barnard could have committed to any team in the country after her breakout seasons. But Barnard proved loyal to the team and coach who discovered her as an overlooked and under-recruited farm girl from Beatrice, Nebraska.

After four years, she had no regrets about her decision as she left Wilkins Stadium for the final time on Saturday.

“If you like it somewhere, why should I leave?” Barnard said. “The coaches have helped me grow enormously and taken me under their wing. They took a chance on me. I would never leave a program that has helped me so much.”

Comment

Working...
                  X