Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocker SB at Big Red Invitational (Nebraska)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Sunday Game

#14 Missouri 5-1 Nebraska

Comment

• I would liked to have seen videos on these 2 plays. The play on the left is Addie B making a catch in center but not sure when that occurred. She made catches in the 3rd, 5th and 6th.

The play on the right was Krystin Nelson at 3rd and I am pretty sure that came in the 5th inning. With Mizzou leading 3-1 and getting runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out the hitter grounded to Krystin at 3rd who was able to dive and tag out the lead runner leaving Mizzou with runners 1st and 2nd with 2 outs. The next batter flied out to center to end that threat and keep the Shockers in the game. IF(?) this was the inning that Addie B made her catch then that would have been a huge play at the time.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 4, 2024, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Another Saturday Game

#14 Kentucky 3-4 Charlotte

With one on and two outs in the bottom of the seventh, a walk and a walk-off home run give the 49ers the win.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          Another Saturday Game

#14 Kentucky 3-4 Charlotte

With one on and two outs in the bottom of the seventh, a walk and a walk-off home run give the 49ers the win.
          shocks02 posted a video of that walk-off home run for Charlotte. Post #98.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

I have not seen Schertz pitch, but my take on the comment was that her motion was much wilder than anything Lauren does - lots of moving parts. I always thought Lauren had a pretty normal motion, but It's been a year since I have seen her pitch. I need to find a Twitter post.
            I was looking around to see if I could find any video on Erica pitching. So far all I have found is a few short videos:

Check out Erica's recruiting profile and video on SportsRecruits. Grad: 2023. Sport: Softball. Committed: Wichita State University. Hometown: Miami, OK

I am far from an expert on what constitutes sound softball pitching mechanics but I am not really seeing too much wild and crazy stuff in these videos. That said these videos are all from 2021 so whose to say if she hasn't picked up some bad habits since then. Also they call them highlight videos for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I was looking around to see if I could find any video on Erica pitching. So far all I have found is a few short videos:

Check out Erica's recruiting profile and video on SportsRecruits. Grad: 2023. Sport: Softball. Committed: Wichita State University. Hometown: Miami, OK

I am far from an expert on what constitutes sound softball pitching mechanics but I am not really seeing too much wild and crazy stuff in these videos. That said these videos are all from 2021 so whose to say if she hasn't picked up some bad habits since then. Also they call them highlight videos for a reason.
              I noticed in the one side video that her hand motion as part of her takeaway was a more involved than one might like - more moving parts to get synced up. The rest of it looked pretty normal. I did find it a bit curious that she played for a travel team from IA rather than her home state of OK.
              Last edited by flyingMoose; March 5, 2024, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X