Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocker SB at Bobcat Classic (Texas State)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

Too cheap. :) Mostly, if I had it, then I would watch stuff I don't really have time for. But maybe I should try it and see if that is the case.
    We can start a GoFundMe, Moose.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
      Zoe's best postion is probably not 3B
      As evidenced by Krystin replacing her in the late innings. You can value defense over offense for a middle infielder, but not at the corners.

Comment

• I think AB’s defense in left could have been better, much like several other players. She should have thrown the ball to 2nd when the runner didn’t try to score on a base hit to left. The hitter moved up to second. The ball hit right at her should have been caught instead she let it drop. These mistakes happened in the long 3rd inning. In total defense of her she hasn’t played much left, I am confident she won’t make the same mistakes next time. Neither was an official error but both contributed to the long inning. She is a great player, but all greats playing a new position can make mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
          I think AB’s defense in left could have been better, much like several other players. She should have thrown the ball to 2nd when the runner didn’t try to score on a base hit to left. The hitter moved up to second. The ball hit right at her should have been caught instead she let it drop. These mistakes happened in the long 3rd inning. In total defense of her she hasn’t played much left, I am confident she won’t make the same mistakes next time. Neither was an official error but both contributed to the long inning. She is a great player, but all greats playing a new position can make mistakes.
          Addison is an adequate outfielder but I don't consider her an outstanding outfielder. Not sure what position she played in high school and summer ball so she may still be learning the outfield. They tried her in center last year but Lauren Lucas proved to be a much better option. But she isn't in the lineup because of her defensive prowess.

Comment

• American Names Lauren Lucas Player of the Week; Allison Cooper on Honor Roll

Lucas started all five games and finished with a slash line of .647/.684/1.176 and an OPS of 1.860. The Little Elm, Texas, native racked up a home run, six doubles, five runs scored, 12 RBI and 20 total bases.

Lucas started all five games and finished with a slash line of .647/.684/1.176 and an OPS of 1.860. The Little Elm, Texas, native racked up a home run, six doubles, five runs scored, 12 RBI and 20 total bases. She had multiple hits in four of the five games, and at least one hit in all five. She had multiple RBI in four of the five games, including a career-high 6 RBI in the season opener vs. Villanova where she was 4-for-4 with a home run and two doubles.

Additionally, sophomore pitcher Alison Cooper was named to the American Athletic Conference Weekly Honor Roll. Cooper started two games on opening weekend and went 2-0 with a 1.00 ERA in 14.0 IP. She threw a complete game in both outings, allowing only two earned runs on 12 hits, four walks and seven strikeouts.

Comment

Working...
            X