No announcement yet.

AAC SB Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USF takes a 2-0 lead (still batting) in the bottom of the 3rd vs ECU.

USF just tried a sac bunt, the ECU pitcher could have fielded and at least got the out at 1st. But she let it roll (it was never going foul but ok) then picked it up, no one covered 2nd so the batter broke to 2nd, chased by another ECU player out of position. They botched the throw and tag at 2nd and then the runner (on 3rd now) broke for home where another poor throw got past the catcher allowing the batter to take 3rd. Only holding the ball at that point prevented a 2 run inside the circle home run. What a mess.

2 runs will be plenty. WSU vs USF tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      USF takes a 2-0 lead (still batting) in the bottom of the 3rd vs ECU.

USF just tried a sac bunt, the ECU pitcher could have fielded and at least got the out at 1st. But she let it roll (it was never going foul but ok) then picked it up, no one covered 2nd so the batter broke to 2nd, chased by another ECU player out of position. They botched the throw and tag at 2nd and then the runner (on 3rd now) broke for home where another poor throw got past the catcher allowing the batter to take 3rd. Only holding the ball at that point prevented a 2 run inside the circle home run. What a mess.

2 runs will be plenty. WSU vs USF tomorrow.
      The only question left in this game (USF now up 4-0) is whether or not Corrick pitches a no-hitter. At this point she has a perfect game going through 4 innings.

Could be the USF will bring in their #2 pitcher Erin Poepping who is a pretty decent pitcher to finish up and save a little effort by Corrick although she is quite used to pitching 3 games in 3 days.

USF scores 3 in the 5th and 1 in the 6th to close out a 6-inning 8-0 run rule win. Corrick pitched all 6 innings but lost her perfect game when she hit the lead off batter in the 6th and 2 outs later she lost her no-hitter on an infield hit.

With Corrick and her 0.42 ERA in the circle tomorrow I think the Shocks are the underdogs. The Shocks clearly can batter 2nd, 3rd and 4th shelf pitching. However, top shelf pitching has been able to keep them under wraps for the most part. Which is not a big surprise. That is what top shelf pitching does. I think the Shocks will need a very well pitched game tomorrow to get past USF and Corrick. Can't expect to score more than 2 or 3 runs tops off of Corrick.

Not sure who the Shockers will go with in the circle. Possibly it will be the freshman Alison Cooper who beat USF and Corrick 2-1 a month ago. But more likely it will be Erin or Caitlyn.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 12, 2022, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

The only question left in this game (USF now up 4-0) is whether or not Corrick pitches a no-hitter. At this point she has a perfect game going through 4 innings.

Could be the USF will bring in their #2 pitcher Erin Poepping who is a pretty decent pitcher to finish up and save a little effort by Corrick although she is quite used to pitching 3 games in 3 days.

USF scores 3 in the 5th and 1 in the 6th to close out a 6-inning 8-0 run rule win. Corrick pitched all 6 innings but lost her perfect game when she hit the lead off batter in the 6th and 2 outs later she lost her no-hitter on an infield hit.

With Corrick and her 0.42 ERA in the circle tomorrow I think the Shocks are the underdogs. The Shocks clearly can batter 2nd, 3rd and 4th shelf pitching. However, top shelf pitching has been able to keep them under wraps for the most part. Which is not a big surprise. That is what top shelf pitching does. I think the Shocks will need a very well pitched game tomorrow to get past USF and Corrick. Can't expect to score more than 2 or 3 runs tops off of Corrick.

Not sure who the Shockers will go with in the circle. Possibly it will be the freshman Alison Cooper who beat USF and Corrick 2-1 a month ago. But more likely it will be Erin or Caitlyn.
        The game tomorrow is exactly why the idea of a single elimination softball tournament is a poor one.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

The game tomorrow is exactly why the idea of a single elimination softball tournament is a poor one.
          It makes even less sense in softball than in baseball because resting arms isn’t even an issue in softball.

I don’t quite understand that backwardness.
          Last edited by ShockerFever; May 12, 2022, 09:15 PM.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Also, my eyes are blinded by the amount of times this Corrick chick is mentioned on this forum. You’d think she’s taken her team to multiple national championships or something.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Also, my eyes are blinded by the amount of times this Corrick chick is mentioned on this forum. You’d think she’s taken her team to multiple national championships or something.
              Well we could talk about the USF team but Corrick basically is the USF team.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It makes even less since in softball than in baseball because resting arms isn’t even an issue in softball.

I don’t quite understand that backwardness.
                LIke everything else in college athletics it's all about the money. If they thought they could make more money with a double elimination tournament than that's what they would have. Not sure what being on ESPN+ pays but the gate won't generate much especially with the host ECU knocked out in the 1st round.

Comment

With her 2 homers today, Addie is now tied for 3rd on the single season D1 home run list. She’s at 32, second is 34 and first is 37.

All time.

Pretty remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

LIke everything else in college athletics it's all about the money. If they thought they could make more money with a double elimination tournament than that's what they would have. Not sure what being on ESPN+ pays but the gate won't generate much especially with the host ECU knocked out in the 1st round.
                    They’re losing money if they add 5 more games to the tournament? They’re losing money anyways.

Does the SEC do single elimination too because I’m sure money isn’t an excuse there?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Pretty bummed that I won't be able to watch the game today. I might be able to catch the end.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Am I seeing correctly that our game against USF was scheduled for 11am prior to the rain delay in the first game this morning? I could have sworn I saw we were supposed to start around 330pm or something yesterday after the game. Did they change the times due to weather? How did I miss such an update? Or was I just seeing things yesterday? So many questions.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          With her 2 homers today, Addie is now tied for 3rd on the single season D1 home run list. She’s at 32, second is 34 and first is 37.

All time.

Pretty remarkable.
                          And smart too.

Barnard Named to CoSIDA Academic All-District Team

Sophomore Addison Barnard added another honor to her decorated season Thursday with the announcement of being named to the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) Academic All-District Team.

Comment

Comment

Looks like the rain has moved out of the Greenville area and to the north. Now it depends on how long it will take to remove the tarp and get the field in ready for play.

Update: Teams are back out warming up. Looks like they will restarting right around 11:00 CT. The field looks pretty good. Game restarting in the top of the 4th.

At this point I would guess the Shocks game will start somewhere around 1:00pm CT.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 13, 2022, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Anyone solve the mystery of why we played so many fewer games than most other teams? I understand we may have lost some to weather, but it still seems to be a gap.

Comment

Working...
                                X