Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Now Caitlyn comes in to get a little work. I was an inning early with that prediction.

Comment

We go to the 4th, and Caitlin comes in to pitch.

Fly ball to LF for an easy first out. Fly ball to LF for an easy second out. A line drive to right center for a double. K.

Krystin Nelson singles with a sharp grounder up the middle in her first AB.

Madyson Espinosa pinch hitting here for Lolo. She's getting a lot of compliments for her dancing during the rain delay from the announce team. She works a walk.

FR Caroline Tallent getting a shot, batting for Lainee. She hits a hard grounder that somehow gets stopped by the pitcher, knocking her glove clean off, but is out at first.

Cassie Passwaters enters the game. In for Wylie. Sac fly to RF. Nelson scores. 21-0 Shox.

Syd with an infield single to 2nd. Espinosa scores from 2nd. Syd advances to 2nd on a poor throw home. 22-0 Shox.

Addie getting another IBB.

Lauren grounds it to second and Addie out at 2B.

To the fifth!
        Last edited by SubGod22; May 12, 2022, 01:49 PM.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

At 19-0 the strike zone got about a third larger. 20-0 (we really let the Tigers off the hook there) and this will be over as soon as we can get 3 outs in the top of the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Willie does a fantastic job with these. He's at an elite level, and I'd love to see how he'd do with a little guidance and support.

Comment

Wait, no run rule? 10 after 4?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Wait, no run rule? 10 after 4?
                8 after 5,

Comment

I can't find this in the stats but I think Madyson Espinosa probably leads the Shocks, maybe the AAC and possibly the nation in calories burned per game.

Comment

Sydney now has her average up to .512

She beats out a lot of cleanly fielded infield groundballs. She doesn't look like she has blazing speed but it does look like she is pretty much at top speed in two steps. Great quickness which obviously extends to her hands when holding a bat.

Comment

5th inning.

Kenzie Schopfer in to finish this one off.

Nelson in at 3rd and catches out number one well into foul territory.

Out number two a high pop up to first. Neleigh I'm pretty sure didn't have to move.

Soft liner gets by a diving Neleigh Herring, but Zoe Jones is there to field the ball and beat the runner to first to end this one.

Final

22-0
                      Last edited by SubGod22; May 12, 2022, 01:56 PM.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Addie intentionally walked twice (and I believe they tried a 3rd time). Second most runs ever scored in a game. #1 was in this park earlier this season.

TBH, this game probably should be 28 or 30 to zero. Shocks left a little meat on the bone.

Comment

Shockers vs Memphis in 2022. 4 games. 4 Five-Inning run rules. Total score: 65-4. The Shockers 65 runs came in 16 innings of offense. So an average of 4.06 runs per inning.

Did I say Memphis is not very good?

Comment

I’ve haven’t seen pitching this bad since the ShamWow guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I find it funny ... if I were to have to guess by just looking at the players which of Lolo and Addie hit their home runs with a "pretty swing" and which with a "power swing" .. I wouldn't guess that Addie would have the ugly power swing while Lolo has a pretty one. It's very Ken Griffey-esque
                              Neleigh has a very pretty swing as well. But that swing of Addie's is short and quick and clearly generates some good bat head speed. Because it is so short and quick her chance of barreling up a pitch are perhaps better than players with long, graceful swings. I kind of compare her swing to the Phantom Punch delivered by Muhammad Ali when he knocked out Sonny Liston in their 2nd fight. A classic example of a medulla-oblongata K.O to a softball.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                I’ve haven’t seen pitching this bad since the ShamWow guy.
                                Hi, I'm Vince.

Comment

Working...
                                X