Shocker VB at A-State Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    Has Sophia been "schemed-out" or does Lauren have a connection with Brylee that she has not yet developed with Sophia?
    Obviously, Laruen and Brylee have are connecting. Not so with Lauren and Sophia. Now whether or not its a connection thing are Brylee just playing at a very high level and Sophia not is hard to say. I don't think Sophia is being schemed out by Lambo but he did say he expect opponents to be focused on her. Going forward they are obviously going to have to pay attention to Brylee.

Comment

I am gone for the duration. At least, they better be done by the time I get back. Check in later.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        I don't think Sophia is being schemed out by Lambo ...
        My bad. I meant the opponent's schemes are taking things away from Sophia while necessarily giving things to others (Brylee?).

Comment

My bad. I meant the opponent's schemes are taking things away from Sophia while necessarily giving things to others (Brylee?).
          Very good possibility that's happening.

Comment

Shocks sweep 25-16, 25-15, 25-22. Shocks pulled away in the back half of sets 1 and 2 but had set 3 tied at 22-all.

Comment

Okay.

Shockers 3-0 UT-M
              16, 15, 22

In the second set, 12-13 before the Shocks went on a 13-3 tear to take the set.

In the third set, the Shockers led 19-12 before the Skyhawks went on a 7-0 run to tie and eventually took the lead at 21-22. Then the Shocks closed out the match with kills by Lauren Mc, Brylee, and Natalie with a service ace by Lily to end it.

.287 v .069 and seven blocks v three. Brylee had another outstanding! match, 12-0-30 for .400. Others in kill order are Kailin (8-4-25 and .160), Sophia (7-3-21 and .190), Natalie (6-0-13 and .462), and Lauren Mc(5-2-12 and .250).

The Shockers close out the tournament Saturday with a match against the host Red Wolves at 2 pm.
              Last edited by flyingMoose; August 28, 2021, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Very good possibility that's happening.
                Is there a Coach's Show on Monday that might enlighten us?

Comment

Is there a Coach's Show on Monday that might enlighten us?
                  The schedule shows there is a show from AJ's Grill at The Alley at 6:00 pm on 08/30.

Comment

The schedule shows there is a show from AJ's Grill at The Alley at 6:00 pm on 08/30.
                    Thanks. I might have gotten around to figuring it out, but I'm not making any promises. Do we send our questions to Mike? :)

Comment

Missouri State 3-1 Arkansas State
                      22, (17), 20, 7

Comment

Missouri State 3-1 Arkansas State
                        22, (17), 20, 7
                        Wow. What the heck happened to Arkansas State in that 4th set?

Comment

Thanks. I might have gotten around to figuring it out, but I'm not making any promises. Do we send our questions to Mike? :)
                          Probably, but how you do that I don't know. You may just have to tune in to the show and hope they provide a number to text or an email for submitting questions. Or I guess you attend in person and submit a question in writing.

Comment

Probably, but how you do that I don't know. You may just have to tune in to the show and hope they provide a number to text or an email for submitting questions. Or I guess you attend in person and submit a question in writing.
                            Tweet your questions to Shocker Voice

Comment

Wow. What the heck happened to Arkansas State in that 4th set?
                              A combination of overpasses, service errors, hitting errors & getting blocked totaling 10. MSU only had 12 kills in the set. This is just WILD speculation as I didn't see a single point of either UTM match, but I'm guessing their coach does some things to try and confuse the opponents ie pretty decently coached team. They are obviously undersized and under talented to take a set off a team like MSU normally. But like I said, just speculation.

Comment

Went through the archives to find this from Lambo 2 years ago on signing day.

"Lauren fits the mold of a typical Shocker recruit. We've gone after a lot of players over the years that had some physical talent at a position, but maybe didn't have as much experience. I've always been impressed with the range of her feet and hands, and believe a few years down the road she's a player that will surprise everyone at the setter position."

In this case, it appears that "a few years down the road" means her redshirt freshman season. Not that it matters, but I think she gets the Covid back anyway, so if she wanted to redshirt at some point, she could (can't see that even an issue now).

Maybe 1972Shocker or flyingMoose saw this coming, but I sure had no idea Lauren was even in the running for playing time, much less taking over the 5-1 right out of the gate.

Very encouraging start for the ladies. Still think we're talented but thin up front. But it does seem there is marked improvement at both setter and DS and the addition of Kailin certainly hasn't hurt.

We played by my count 2 sophomores (albeit 4th year redshirt covid sophomores) 1 senior (Bryn) and 6 freshman. To be that young and still be that solid first day, I'll take it.

Comment

Working...
                                X