Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shockers at Dr. Mary Jo Wynn Invitational (Missouri State)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skylar in for her first action.

After a terrible pass on a free ball, Kayce saves our bacon with an incredible one handed back set to Megan who blistered it cross court to cut the lead to 22-23/ TO Bears.

Comment

Other than the Shocks blocking and Kayce's serving the Shocks look pretty average. Their passing has not been very good.

Comment

25-22 Bears. They were in the net on set point but not called. Still, no excuse. Obviously my first chance to see them live this winter, but we have to be much better. Our swings are ok, but everything else is unacceptable. This is a 2 person team we're playing, and regardless of Bry and Morgan being home, there's no reason to drop a set here.

Let's go ladies!

Comment

Dreadful officiating at 2-2. Big swing on the right clips MSU net player, but lands a foot in (confirmed on replay) and called out. UFB

More errors from the Shocks, and its 5-3 Bears. 5-4.

Comment

11-5 Bears and the wheels are officially off. No energy, not sharp, tons of errors. Only 2 players on the other side are capable of hurting us, but this thing is rolling downhill now and we don't seem willing to get in the way. Need some heart to come back, and we should. This is not a good team we're playing. They would finish last in the west (unless they beat us)..

Another missed tip (doesn't matter at this point) and the rout is on. 15-5. Embarrassing right now. This team is "looking" like last year, not together, heads down, little fight.

Comment

Shocks finally right the ship a bit. Closed to 12-18 and an MSU TO. Still hitting -.065 this set. Ugh.

Comment

Holy cow 19-20

Comment

At 20-21 we didn't get over to block Flynn (where else were they going????!!!!) and it pretty much ended the set. At LEAST we fought back, which I'm proud of them for doing.

Fr Natalie Foster with her first action which included a couple of crucial errors late. 25-21 and the Shocks will have to win both the 4th and 5th sets to stay unbeaten.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    This team is "looking" like last year, not together, heads down, little fight.
                    Exactly what I was thinking. Plus this team is simply poor at passing. Hard to win when you are out of system so much. And their doesn't appear to be any leadership. Probably hasn't been since Emily Heibert.

Comment

Boy this is frustrating. 5-1 and we look so lost and confused. I have no idea how we won the first 2 matches playing anything like this.

I mean, if it was SMU or Texas, I get it, but this is a 2 trick pony in MSU that was picked 5th in the Valley and their coach made it sound like he'd be happy to finish there.

Comment

Another bad call at 5-7 where the linesman missed it and pointed to himself (guessing for not paying attention) should have been 6-7 instead it's 5-8 and the wheels come off again. It's amazing how many times we're late getting over to Cink or Flynn. They've combined for 82 attacks. Most other attacks aren't really attacks but out of system swings. Not all, but most.

14-10 Bears.

Comment

It seems this one is all but over now at 10-17 in the 4th. Going in I thought this would be a very winnable match, like 3-1. I certainly wasn't expecting 1-3.

Comment

Not sure I can watch anymore. Our passing is just patheticly bad. Main reason the Shocks are hitting .092. The Shocks simple are out of system most of the time.

Comment

18-12 and we're just about cooked.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Not sure I can watch anymore. Our passing is just patheticly bad. Main reason the Shocks are hitting .092. The Shocks simple are out of system most of the time.
                                It is PAINFUL to watch. "Pathetically bad" is a very good way to put it.

I'm toughing it out, but it's going to cost me.

Comment

Working...
                                X