Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shockers at Dr. Mary Jo Wynn Invitational (Missouri State)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    No road radio this year is my understanding
    Thanks. Not surprising if I think about it a little bit.

Comment

Pretty sure Brylee is on quarantine. Honestly no idea about Morgan but I’d be stunned if she redshirts. She’s a player right now.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Pretty sure Brylee is on quarantine. Honestly no idea about Morgan but I’d be stunned if she redshirts. She’s a player right now.
        Re Morgan: That is certainly the impression I had from comments made in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

Is Brylee dinged? One of the non-practicers earlier in the week because of illness? Hopefully, nothing worse.

Is Morgan a red-shirt candidate? Are there too many OHs to give her enough playing time to justify burning a year? Sina is now a DS when she was an OH last year. But "last year" was a long time ago, and my memory is not improving with age.

Just questions, no answers.
          fM thanks for your set/match reporting. Does this year count against anyone's elgibility or is it a free year like it is in basketball?

Comment

Brief goshockers.com match report: https://goshockers.com/news/2021/1/2...on-opener.aspx

Box Score: https://goshockers.com/sports/womens...boxscore/12256

A good outcome considering all the rust from lack of matches and no doubt some nervous energy to deal with as well.

Nice job Shocks.

Nice efficient contribution from Brooke Smith. 6-1-12 = 0.412 plus led the Shocks with 4 block assists.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 22, 2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

fM thanks for your set/match reporting. Does this year count against anyone's eligibility or is it a free year like it is in basketball?
              Welcome, hope it is useful. My understanding is that this is a free year. Did I get that from FanFest? The radio interview? One of those I think.

Comment

Missouri State 3-1 Oral Roberts
                23, (22), 14, 23

Comment

Welcome, hope it is useful. My understanding is that this is a free year. Did I get that from FanFest? The radio interview? One of those I think.
                  All fall sports per the NCAA are "free". Any student athlete that wants to get an extra year (I think at the same school only) can do just that.

And thank you as well flyingMoose it's extremely useful.

Comment

Memphis handled SIU, picked near the bottom of the Valley, 13, 21, (18), 21.

Tulane swept Southern Miss, picked last in the C-USA, 20, 24, 17

USF eeked out a tough 5 set win vs North Florida, a mid-pack ASUN team, (23), 23, 18, (22), 12

Comment

Shockers v Oral Roberts

Set One

Starters are? Slow getting the feed going. 1207pm.

The tab for the window says 9-8 Shocks, but there is no play-by-play. 1211pm

Hmm. Split Box gives a Box Score. Same players as yesterday.

15-9 at the "media timeout." To this point, only Kayce has any assists. 5-1 today?

There is one for Mckayla.

Shockers roll through this one, 25-16.

.310 v .051. Megan has three kills. Emma, Nicole, Mariah, and Brooke all have two kills. ORU has eight hitting errors with no blocks by the Shocker.
                      Last edited by flyingMoose; January 23, 2021, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Shockers v Oral Roberts

Set One

Starters are? Slow getting the feed going. 1207pm.

The tab for the window says 9-8 Shocks, but there is no play-by-play. 1211pm

Hmm. Split Box gives a Box Score. Same players as yesterday.
                        I will let you track the Volleyball match and I will tract the Women's basketball game at Temple.

Comment

Shocks seem to have settled in or found a good rotation. 9-8 has turned into 19-11 Shocks.

22-14 now and we've given them 5 points on service errors and ball handling errors.

ORU was fairly competitive with Missouri State yesterday, losing 23 (22) 14 23.

24-15. Setters moving it around well it appears with Brooke, Emma, Nicole, Marriah & Megan all with 2 kills.

Megan gets her 3rd kill to end it 25-16. Shocks hit .310 to .051

Comment

Set Two

Yea!! Play-by-play has made an appearance.

6-2, then 6-6, then 9-6. Lauren McMahon, a freshman, is in the rotation in place of Emma and had a kill.

10-10 slides to 12-10 and ORU takes a timeout. Lauren has two kills now.

15-12 at the "media."

16-14 and the Shocks get six in a row including two service aces by Mckayla. Timeout for ORU at 22-14.

A triple for the Golden Eagles and Lambo takes a timeout at 23-18.

Ths Shocks stumble a bit towards the end but take the set, 25-18.

.322 v .087. Nicole is 9-2-16 for .438. Megan is 4-2-11 for .182 and Lauren 3-0-3 for 1.000. Mariah also has three kills.
                            Last edited by flyingMoose; January 23, 2021, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Definitely 6-2 flyingMoose and while Lambo has experimented a lot in previous years, I expect (barring injuries etc) to stick with the 6-2 all season.

With Brylee in Wichita (not hurt) and Morgan Weber not playing, so far this is an encouraging start to the season. CLEARLY this team is much improved and on track to return to the type of team this program has rolled out regularly since about 2004.

Comment

It would appear someone there is late for a lunch date. The pace is ridiculous. Already 9-6 Shocks in set 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X