Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shockers at Dr. Mary Jo Wynn Invitational (Missouri State)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I saw a picture of Nicole Anderson earlier in the year I thought it looked like she may have sllimmed down and trimmed up. Anyone notice that or was that just my imagination?

Comment

Set Three

Another bad set early by Kayce. That is at least two today, and she had bad sets yesterday also.

10-7 Shocks is the first three-point lead of the set.

Lauren is the other middle in the rotation again in this set.

13-9 and timeout for ORU.

Five out of six for the Shocks and it is 18-11.

Three consecutive service aces for Waxley of ORU (and six for the day) brings the score to 21-19. Timeout Shockers. She must have a ferocious jump serve.

A kill by Brooke ends the run. Now 23-20 and timeout for the Golden Eagles.

An attack error and a kill by Nicole ends the match, 25-20.

Shockers 3-0 Oral Roberts
      16, 18, 20

.345 v .117. Nicole leads the way at 14-2-25 for .480! Brooke had six kills, Sophia five, Megan four, and Mariah and Lauren had three. Only four blocks for the Shocks, but ORU had 20! attack errors.
      Last edited by flyingMoose; January 23, 2021, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        When I saw a picture of Nicole Anderson earlier in the year I thought it looked like she may have slimmed down and trimmed up. Anyone notice that or was that just my imagination?
        Speaking of slimmed down and trimmed up, go find Giorgia's pic on the #1 Wisconsin VB roster. She is #7 and a DS for them. At least "slimmed and trimmed" is the way it looks to us.
        Last edited by flyingMoose; January 23, 2021, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Definitely 6-2 flyingMoose
          Definitely what I expected, but there were seven assists to none. With all of the attack errors, I suspect ORU "errored" their way through Mckayla's rotation, and she had little chance for an assist.
          Last edited by flyingMoose; January 23, 2021, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Saw some highlights and man, Wisky is strong. Heck, hardly a ball gets to Gio.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

Speaking of slimmed down and trimmed up, go find Giorgia's pic on the #1 Wisconsin VB roster. She is #7 and a DS for them. At least "slimmed and trimmed" is the way it looks to us.
              Not really seeing it from those pics.

Comment

Not really seeing it from those pics.
                Slimmed down, etc? The two of us thought so, but it has been a long time since seeing her live on a court. Maybe a different hairstyle was part of it. And maybe I have a really bad memory. :)

Comment

Is Brylee dinged? One of the non-practicers earlier in the week because of illness? Hopefully, nothing worse.

Is Morgan a red-shirt candidate? Are there too many OHs to give her enough playing time to justify burning a year? Sina is now a DS when she was an OH last year. But "last year" was a long time ago, and my memory is not improving with age.

Just questions, no answers.
                  Why redshirt? Isn’t this a free year for all athletes? Never mind - I see that this was already addressed.

Comment

I will be late to the party versus Missouri State if I make it at all. Someone can do the "play-by-play" if they care to.

Comment

Slimmed down, etc? The two of us thought so, but it has been a long time since seeing her live on a court. Maybe a different hairstyle was part of it. And maybe I have a really bad memory. :)
                      Giorgia was always a very pretty girl.

But her excess weight was largely in lher lower body. Whether or not that contributed to her knee issues I don't know. I would have to see a full body photo to judge whether Georgia has slimmed down or not or perhaps see her in action.

We will get a look at Nicole Anderson tomorrow to see if maybe she has slimmed down and trimmed up.

Comment

Brief goshockers.com match report: https://goshockers.com/news/2021/1/2...ight-sets.aspx

Box Score: https://goshockers.com/sports/womens...boxscore/12257

5 Services aces to 3 service errors a big improvment over the SD match for the Shocks.

20 attack errors by ORU in 3 sets is tough to overcome.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 23, 2021, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Giorgia was always a very pretty girl.

... her excess weight was largely in her lower body.
                          Good point. Part of my impression may have come from the video clip of the last point against Purdue where she was a DS (but the shot is further away than I normally sit). Now I have to go look at it again. :) And I also thought a few moments ago that I really should look at an old WSU photo - which you did.

Comment

Good point. Part of my impression may have come from the video clip of the last point against Purdue where she was a DS (but the shot is further away than I normally sit). Now I have to go look at it again. :) And I also thought a few moments ago that I really should look at an old WSU photo - which you did.
                            If Giorgia has slimmed down her lower body I think that would be of great value to her quickness and also perhaps less strain on her knees.

Comment

It is not clear that next weekend is canceled yet, but it is certainly in doubt.
                              From the North Texas site when the original announcement was made Friday a bit before noon:

At this moment, North Texas plans to continue its regular season schedule with back-to-back matches at Wichita State on Thursday, Jan. 28 and Friday, Jan. 29.

Comment

RH: Lamb Excited About Wichita State's Littles

"I am definitely going to miss the hype," Uluave said. "Getting the kill in Koch Arena and hearing your name and everyone going crazy for you. That's the one thing I will miss."

Comment

Working...
                                X