Carl Hall is a SHOCKER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Hall is a SHOCKER!!

We've talked about his visit to WSU. Rivals now has the 6-8 PF Juco up and shows offers from the Shox and VCU.

More info in this Shockernet link:

http://www.shockernet.net/sn/viewtop...ight=carl+hall
    In the fast lane

I'd like to have this guy!
    Livin the dream

Comment

me 2.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Me 3
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

4 :D
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Verbals to VCU.
            In the fast lane

Comment

SFL is back!

Comment

We are swinging and missing a lot. I'm not concerned yet, but it's not far off.

Comment

Originally posted by SFL
                  My feelings also. First one who I really wanted who I thought was very realistic.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Too bad

As I've said many times, a verbal commitment isn't a loss until the signature occurs. Guys change their minds all the time.

But even assuming Hall is gone, keep in mind that one of the reasons WSU is "swinging and missing a lot" is because they're swinging at a lot of good players. Think back to Trop's list of offers, which is far longer than the list of available scholarships. They have to miss on most of them just to avoid overbooking. To switch sports, as one of other posters has noted in the words of Wayne Gretzky, you miss every shot you don't take.

History also tells us that some of the guys WSU ultimately signs come out of nowhere (at least as far as this board is concerned). And this happens everywhere -- again, go back through the Recruiting forum and note how many of the verbal commitments Trop reports that ended up being made to schools supposedly not among players' schools of interest.

I'm disappointed about Hall if indeed he's gone, but certainly not worried.

Comment

The number of rejections that WSU has gotten is starting to cause me concern. I agree that nothing is final until the letter of intent is signed and received. However, these kids are technology savvy and know to search the internet. They see how many offers WSU has out. I understand that you have to go after more kids than you have room for, otherwise you are left holding the proverbial bag. However, too many offers say that you are not committed to anyone in particular. I’m am not a recruiter, so I do not know how to walk that fine line, but it seems like it is a long fall off either side.

The other thing that really bothers me was posted in Chatman’s thread. It was stated that Marshall’s desire to jump ship to Clemson was used as a reason to turn down WSU. I had heard of Marshall’s desire from other sources, but I wasn’t aware that it was widely known. If the recruits are truly using that against us, then Marshall has some damage control to do, otherwise recruits will continue to factor that into their decisions. If the head coach is not committed to the school for the long term, then why should they?

This appears to be a tenuous time for WSU. If it is handled well, then disaster can be averted. If it is handled poorly, then… Well, I don’t want to think about that.
                      “Confrontation simply means meeting the truth head-on.”

Mike Krzyzewski

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsnut
                        The number of rejections that WSU has gotten is starting to cause me concern. I agree that nothing is final until the letter of intent is signed and received. However, these kids are technology savvy and know to search the internet. They see how many offers WSU has out. I understand that you have to go after more kids than you have room for, otherwise you are left holding the proverbial bag. However, too many offers say that you are not committed to anyone in particular. I’m am not a recruiter, so I do not know how to walk that fine line, but it seems like it is a long fall off either side.

The other thing that really bothers me was posted in Chatman’s thread. It was stated that Marshall’s desire to jump ship to Clemson was used as a reason to turn down WSU. I had heard of Marshall’s desire from other sources, but I wasn’t aware that it was widely known. If the recruits are truly using that against us, then Marshall has some damage control to do, otherwise recruits will continue to factor that into their decisions. If the head coach is not committed to the school for the long term, then why should they?

This appears to be a tenuous time for WSU. If it is handled well, then disaster can be averted. If it is handled poorly, then… Well, I don’t want to think about that.
                        I would be careful about stating the rumors that Marshall wanted to go to Clemson as fact. The number of times that "reputable" sources claim a coach has an interest in a job and it turns out to be entirely untrue is very high. Many times, people just make assumptions about a coach, like that he came from this area, so he probably wants to come back, or he expressed interest in this job before he got his current job, so he must still prefer this post to the one he actually took. At the end of the day, any coach that is successful will have rumors swirling around him about potential job openings.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Post of the year!

Opposing coaches will engage in negative recruiting with third hand rumors and phrase them in such a way that they aren't completely lying.
                          The kid and the parent hear the negative part and off they go.

Scott Drew of Baylor is famous for this. It is a nasty business where friends and former co workers will turn on each other in an instant.

I am not worried yet. If we have no verbals (not counting EW) by the first of Nov then cast me into the concerned camp.

Comment

This was posted by shoxlax with a link to an article that made no mention of this. Shoxlax then stated that he surmised that this is what happened. Remember the old, "sounds like a Turgeon recruit" refrain. I'd say most of our guys this year don't sound like a Turgeon recruit. Using only what I know from here, it seemed that Turgeon got a good percentage of the guys he was on, but it rarely seemed we beat out anybody that had a higher reputation than us. We are taking a lot of swings at guys, but maybe we'll catch a player or two. At the end of the day, would you rather watch Mark McGwire or Tony Gwynn at bat?
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                              This was posted by shoxlax with a link to an article that made no mention of this. Shoxlax then stated that he surmised that this is what happened. Remember the old, "sounds like a Turgeon recruit" refrain. I'd say most of our guys this year don't sound like a Turgeon recruit. Using only what I know from here, it seemed that Turgeon got a good percentage of the guys he was on, but it rarely seemed we beat out anybody that had a higher reputation than us. We are taking a lot of swings at guys, but maybe we'll catch a player or two. At the end of the day, would you rather watch Mark McGwire or Tony Gwynn at bat?
                              Pujols. Are you listening Perry?

Comment

Working...
                              X