Antiquawn Beckham - Committed to Mississippi State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antiquawn Beckham - Committed to Mississippi State

6'4 180 PG/SG. New Hampton (NH) Prep School. Class of 08' (Prep School). AAU - Derek Smith All-Stars

Reports offers from Wichita State, Ball State, Nothern Iowa, and Ohio

Interest From: Penn St., St. John's, South Florida, Tulsa, Virginia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Xavier, Bradley, Marshall,
    W. Kentucky, and IUPUI

Stay up to date with all the Wichita State Shockers sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

He's got a great name.

I like prep school kids, there's a lot of growth (physically, mentally and emotionally) that can occur between 18 and 19 years old.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

It is becoming glaringly obvious that CGM puts a lot of value on his guard play. Sometimes, I think we will recruit 12 and keep the best 6 ....

Comment

Is this the same prep school that Guy attended?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity
          Is this the same prep school that Guy attended?
          yes

Comment

New Hampton

"Antiquawn?" Gee, just when you think you've seen them all...

FYI, Marshall had at least two New Hampton Prep players while he was at Winthrop, one of whom was a walk-on last year. His last team also had players from New Zealand and Ireland (the latter of whom also played in the US before college), plus several other prep school kids. He is clearly no stranger to seeking talent other than from traditional high school programs.

Comment

Marshall will get the best possible players for his needs. I have no doubt in my mind about it. If that means Prep School, Juco, whatever, then he'll do it.

Comment

can't find anywhere if he has made a visit to anywhere...probably a spring commit?

Comment

Comment

Re: New Hampton

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                    "Antiquawn?" Gee, just when you think you've seen them all...

FYI, Marshall had at least two New Hampton Prep players while he was at Winthrop, one of whom was a walk-on last year. His last team also had players from New Zealand and Ireland (the latter of whom also played in the US before college), plus several other prep school kids. He is clearly no stranger to seeking talent other than from traditional high school programs.
                    Hey now, I remember a Buffalo Bills running back named Antiquawn Smith not too far back that had a somewhat successful couple of years as a back-up. Besides, his name is better than yours! Hmmmm would I rather be named Watcher or Antiquawn?

Comment

that was Antwain

Comment

Names

That's Mr. Watcher to you and your go-go dancer, pal.

By the way, off this topic (sorry), I've also been meaning to disagree with your expectation that matching last year's record will be a real accomplishment. Personally, I'd find 17-14 and no post-season play disappointing.

You may be right, and if you are feel free to remind me (although somehow I doubt that an invitation to do so will be required). But I think those black, as opposed to yellow, glasses you seem to wear may be obscuring your vision of the promise this season still holds.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                          that was Antwain
                          Oh snap! You are correct, close enough though right?

Comment

Re: Names

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                            That's Mr. Watcher to you and your go-go dancer, pal.

By the way, off this topic (sorry), I've also been meaning to disagree with your expectation that matching last year's record will be a real accomplishment. Personally, I'd find 17-14 and no post-season play disappointing.

You may be right, and if you are feel free to remind me (although somehow I doubt that an invitation to do so will be required). But I think those black, as opposed to yellow, glasses you seem to wear may be obscuring your vision of the promise this season still holds.
                            I will mail to you a $25 gift certificate of your choice if the Shox win more than 18 games this year. Mark this post down. My black Oakleys usually do me right.

Comment

KC..

That certificate will of course be to Jocks & Jills, Proud supporter of ShockerNet....right?

Comment

Working...
                              X