No announcement yet.

Antiquawn Beckham - Committed to Mississippi State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But who would have thought all the guard trouble we were going to have this year? It's one thing to be soft inside and have players that can effectively use thier ball handling and shooting to stay in games, but all the big guys in the world will do you no good if you don't have the people to bring the ball up the court and run the offense to get them the ball.

I think if he calls Coach and says "I want to be a Shocker", he will be a Shocker.

Now, as you said, we would probably be ok without him, but we are getting ahead of ourselves very quickly if we expect all these players to step in and be impact players (outside of Hannah). You figure Hannah, Mekel, Hawkins, Durley, and Clemente with Kyles, Murray, Ellis, Gris, and Stutz. Butler and EO are question marks.

While I like that line-up, I would feel much better if we had Beckham to help distribute minutes and solidify the back-court like it appears the front court will be.

Comment

Murry is the one I was thinking of as Royal pointed out. He's play PG his whole career and just because of a growth spurt may be moved to more off guard stuff. Kyles is a CG that I expect to play more SG but could fill in at the point some. On top of that Gal may or may not develop into someone who can play some minutes there too.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Most of you know that I have been a staunch supporter of Gal and his upside, ballhandling, etc............but Sub.........what kinda cookies are you gonna put out for Santa this year?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
          Most of you know that I have been a staunch supporter of Gal and his upside, ballhandling, etc............but Sub.........what kinda cookies are you gonna put out for Santa this year?
          Chocolate Chip
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Scored 15 against Fork Union.

Comment

Here he is:

"You can observe a lot just by watching."
              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Antiquawn Beckham, interested in WSU

There is a good chance Shocker fans will watch Antiquawn Beckham of New Hampton (N.H.) Prep next season. Might be in a WSU uniform. Might be in the uniform of an MVC rival. Beckham, a 6-foot-5, 185-pound combo guard, is checking out WSU, Creighton, Bradley and Northern Iowa, in addition to schools such as UAB, Fresno State and Fordham.

New Hampton coach Peter Hutchins said Beckham will strongly consider a visit to WSU this spring.

“There is serious interest on both ends,” Hutchins said Thursday. “Wichita State is as high on his list as anyone else. He might get a high-major offer. If he does, anything can happen.”

WSU coach Gregg Marshall had some New Hampton players on his teams at Winthrop, Hutchins said, and the connection started when Marshall called asking about players. Beckham averages around 15 points, eight rebounds and eight assist. Hutchins called him his team’s MVP. He plays point for New Hampton and can guard forwards and guards.

“He’s a 6-5 guard who can defend and rebound,” Hutchins said. “He’s very unselfish.”

Rivals.com ranks him a three-star (out of five) prospect. He is from Louisville and signed with IUPUI out of Ballard High before going to prep school. Beckham, who goes by “Twany,” is ranked the No. 14 prep school player in New England by the New England Basketball Recruiting Report.

Comment

Sounds like this may be one of the Guards that HCGM is aiming for
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Beckham

A prep school guy would be good -- the extra year of experience can only help.

Comment

Beckham is the perfect player for Coach Marshall's system. He is quick, long, athletic, and an unselfish maker. If he comes, by his JR year we will be running 3 guard system with Beckham, Murray, and Kyles, along with Stutz inside and another big. We will be tough to match up with, our D will be outstanding, and a deep run in March would be very likely.

What color is the sky...GOLD of course, but maybe only because of my glasses. And while i may seem gold, it is better than seeing nothing at all....

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                        Beckham is the perfect player for Coach Marshall's system. He is quick, long, athletic, and an unselfish maker. If he comes, by his JR year we will be running 3 guard system with Beckham, Murray, and Kyles, along with Stutz inside and another big. We will be tough to match up with, our D will be outstanding, and a deep run in March would be very likely.

What color is the sky...GOLD of course, but maybe only because of my glasses. And while i may seem gold, it is better than seeing nothing at all....
                        Be careful... KCShox is preparing a "doom and gloom" masterpiece rebuttal.
                        :D
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'll be happy to see a 6'5" PG running the offense in a Shocker uni. Good ones that big don't come around often.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                            Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown

Be careful... KCShox is preparing a "doom and gloom" masterpiece rebuttal.
                            :D
                            Well, the thing about KCShox and a couple others on here is they realize that there are 2 possible outcomes of most "homer" viewpoints:

1. The positive happens
                            2. The negative happens

They get a kick out of saying "WILL NOT", and the only real rebuttal is "WILL TO".

I, fortunately, am old enough not to engage in that argument. I do, however, have a 4 year old niece that loves that "DID NOT" vs. "DID TO" argument.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                              I'll be happy to see a 6'5" PG running the offense in a Shocker uni. Good ones that big don't come around often.
                              But imagine him along with 6'5 Murray and 6'3 Kyles, 6'5 Hawkins and 6'3 Mekel. Our backcourt can guard most teams SF.

Comment

Although all websites list Murry (no A, get it??) at 6'3", and one poster said he was 6'4", and now you make him 6'5", please stop it, before he get to 6'9".

Taller, although beneficial, does solve everything, as sometimes the shorter and quicker guards can outmanvuer the taller gaurds, need I say Boo Richardson, for example.

Comment

Working...
                                X