No announcement yet.

Antiquawn Beckham - Committed to Mississippi State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scout.com is free from now through the holiday weekend.

This article may also be posted earlier.

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com

Comment

Sounds like it might have been Kyles or Beckham whoever commited first.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

We have offered to Beckham, and I believe would welcome him if he chooses us. I know that with the 4 that signed already and possible him and Payne, what a haul of quality players that would be!! Two upperclassmen to help with the younger ones, Clemente, Gris, Mekel, and Ehimen, MAN!!!

Comment

If we are signing this many players, does that mean we are going to be letting go of a few off the current roster? Or can teams over recruit and then deny a schollie to the ones who dont make the "cut?"
          ________
          couple Cam
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
            If we are signing this many players, does that mean we are going to be letting go of a few off the current roster? Or can teams over recruit and then deny a schollie to the ones who dont make the "cut?"
            Possibly and yes. There's also the possibility that players transfer, don't make grades, never arrive in country or that signed players ask out of their LOI.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Having a pretty good year so far:

Scored 20, 13, 14 & 16 so far this year.

He was the #4 rated player out of Kentucky after his JR year. Signed with IUPUI before going to prep school. Beckham averaged 14.3 points, 6.6 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game as a junior and was a starter for Ballard’s Sweet 16 team as a sophomore.

Comment

Beckham lists offers from WSU, Bradley, Ohio, Louisiana-Monroe, Ball State, Northern Iowa, Creighton, Colorado State and Santa Clara. He he still wide open in his recruiting. What caught my eye in the article is he is being recruited by all the schools to play PG.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Sounds like the MVC is hitting the East Coast pretty good now. I'm surprised that 4 schools are in on him right now.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                    http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=750096

Beckham lists offers from WSU, Bradley, Ohio, Louisiana-Monroe, Ball State, Northern Iowa, Creighton, Colorado State and Santa Clara. He he still wide open in his recruiting. What caught my eye in the article is he is being recruited by all the schools to play PG.
                    Another reason why I think if he wants to come to WSU a spot will be made for him. With Hannah a very proven capable PG, and 2 years to groom Beckham into how to play DI PG.

Comment

But we also have two other guys that could be groomed for that spot at the same time. And one of them I believe has played mostly PG already.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sub: to whom are you referring?

Despite the optimism of some, I remain extremely concerned about PG prospects beyond Hannah.

I don't see much if any reference to new, incoming guards playing the point, although Royal and others have referred to Kyles playing it. I just don't see the references from people who have seen him play to him doing that.

I think we need a freshman PG next year.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Both Kyles and Murry are described as Combo Guards, but Beckham is more of a pure PG, with scoring ability as well.

See (gulp) "that place between KC and Topeka" as to the benefit that comes from having mulitple people that can bring the ball up the court. It helps break pressure, create mismatches, and covers in case of injury.

Comment

WHAT??????? There is nothing between KC and Topeka but wasteland...

Comment

A highway, a river, and some railroad tracks pin. That's it.

Comment

I think we have enough candidates to back up Hannah next year. IIRC, Murry was a PG before the growth spurt. Kyles is a combo guard who needs to work on his 3-pt shot to be a true SG. Assuming Mekel will still be here he can play a little at PG. Even Bret Michael might be able to log a few minutes per game. Of course, Hannah has to stay healthy.

Then next year we recruit a true PG.

I'm not saying that is how it should pan out, but it is a likely scenario.

Comment

Working...
                                X