Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocks02
    Originally posted by wu_shizzle
    Brandon is deciding between the Shocks and the Huskers.
    where did you see this or hear this?
    I have a source... 8)
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• so if davis signs do you think orupke is out of the pic

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker856
        so if davis signs do you think orupke is out of the pic
        it starting to seem like that
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• that would suck

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
            Originally posted by shocker856
            so if davis signs do you think orupke is out of the pic
            it starting to seem like that
            I think that there are alot of people around the program and on here that are starting to feel that way. Me included.

Comment

• No announcement of signing Davis in the early period that ended 2 days ago. It appears he is months away from signing with anybody. I have doubts about WSU trying to sign him during the early period. His recruitment peaked a couple of years ago. He had an off AAU season in '06. Then for whatever reason he disappeared. My guess is most schools want to see him prove himself on and off the court this season. I don't think our interest in him, whatever level it is, is an indication of the staff's current knowledge about Orupke making it over. We started looking at other big men lately. I think they are more backups in case Stutz didn't sign, or possibilities for the Spring, not knowing what we might need at that time.

Unless he has an outstanding season, he looks likes barely a mid major recruit, but a player somebody might want to take a chance on. Some of this is based upon the expected front court star of his high school team is being recruited at that level. I guess I'm a doubting thomas on Brandon until I see something about him that is not just on our board. I haven't been able to find a thing except that he is expected to complement the above mentioned player. Of course, if our staff is interested they have seen him play recently and might know he will get it back together. But even if this is the case, I don't think it's a clue to their current thoughts about EO's arrival.
              In the fast lane

Comment

• So basically none of this has anything to do with orupke not showing up just a guy to back up stutz is what you are saying im guessing?? if so then there may be a shot that orupke will show up hopefully in december

Comment

• 856, you really need to understand that we know nothing. If there is any new knowledge regarding Orukpe, you'll likely hear it first from the coaches, via the coach's show or GoShockers.com.

It's all just speculation based on the info that has already been posted.

I can guarantee you that if someone knows something as fact regarding Davis or Orukpe, it will be posted here as such.

Comment

• Royal is correct. I'm just speculating differently than the others. Although I voted that Orupke will not show in December, I don't think Davis has a thing to do with it.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

• Davis could still be an option, no doubt in my mind. But we really won't know more until the season is over or nearing over what will be our scholarship situation. There is always the possibility that EO doesn't show, freeing up a scholly. Someone could transfer at Semester, freeing up a scholly. But I really don't know how hard the coaches are recruiting any more 08s based on the fact we are one over right now.

Comment

• Ok but you got to understand where im coming from to. Hearing and reading all theses things can start to confuse you and things like that royal.

Comment

• There's really nothing to be confused about. Unless there's a link to an article or official source, or actual statistics, it's just speculation.

Comment

• whatever royal im not going to argue or nothing man, sometimes people besides me can get confused on things man even if it is speculation man. I hope orupke arrives i hope we get davis he sounds like a good prospect i hope we get the best out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker856
                              whatever royal im not going to argue or nothing man, sometimes people besides me can get confused on things man even if it is speculation man. I hope orupke arrives i hope we get davis he sounds like a good prospect i hope we get the best out there.

:roll:
                              SFL is back!

Comment

• I know it feels like I'm busting your chops. And maybe I am. You may not think this is a big deal, but I do, and here's why:

You have to be careful how you word your posts, because if others come by and read it, it will sound like you are either repeating facts (rather than someone else's opinion) or soliciting first-hand information, which most of the time isn't the case. Presentation is everything.

For example, I think in one of the other recruiting topics you asked a question that was worded like "Is this guy going to be a Shocker or not?" Instead, say "What are your thoughts about our chances to land this guy?" In the first, you're asking for something definite (which you're not going to get, except in the rarest of cases). In the second, you're asking for opinion.

All I'm asking is that you try to be more careful in how you word your posts, particularly in how you summarize someone else's posts or ask questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X