No announcement yet.

Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc may just be yanking their Crimson and Blue chains also. Besides after the beating they took at the hands of Georgia Tech (on TV no less) maybe Doc just wanted to raise their spirits a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_
      Such defeatism already. Come on now guys. Look at the huge recruits we've pulled in just recently. Early, Watson, VanVleet, Anacreon, Hall, and White. Those are all big time players. Maybe not on the national spotlight level of Perry, but I guarantee you that Perry couldn't blow any of those guys out in a one on one situation.

I will not be one bit surprised if Perry picks WSU.
      I am with you! We need to be very positive and hopeful.

:goshocks: :yahoo:

Comment

• Put me in the camp with those that think we have at least a 50-50 chance on Perry being a Shocker. The article on AC saturday got me to thinking about AC commenting on eating alot of home cooked meals. There is one think young men like to do and its eat. They do it all the time. If he chooses one of the other schools its too far to drive for a quick favorite meal on a moments notice. I wonder if HCGM brought up the fact that Perry's home would likely become another place (besides the coaches home, and EW's) for his team mates to hang out with. I can't think of a greater benefit to the family in getting to know his team mates and becoming a VERY big part of Shocker Basketball than being able to stop by home with a couple of team mates for some home cooking. It just seems to me this would appeal to the whole Ellis family.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_
          Such defeatism already. Come on now guys. Look at the huge recruits we've pulled in just recently. Early, Watson, VanVleet, Anacreon, Hall, and White. Those are all big time players. Maybe not on the national spotlight level of Perry, but I guarantee you that Perry couldn't blow any of those guys out in a one on one situation.

I dislike KU more than anyone, but I'm not naive either. We weren't head-to-head with KU in recruiting those other guys. That helps.

If Perry chooses WSU, I will gladly eat my own words and will be as giddy as can be. On the other hand, I don't wanna set myself up as a couple on here may be doing.

Better to hope for the best and expect the not-so-great.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Might as well dream and have fun with it! Who knows it might just happen! :posterwsu: 8)
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
              Originally posted by _kai_

I dislike KU more than anyone, but I'm not naive either. We weren't head-to-head with KU in recruiting those other guys. That helps.

If Perry chooses WSU, I will gladly eat my own words and will be as giddy as can be. On the other hand, I don't wanna set myself up as a couple on here may be doing.

Better to hope for the best and expect the not-so-great.
              Cleanthony Early had some interest from big schools, and SDSU was a 2 seed last year. We pulled him from there, and WaSU is a fairly big time program.

Earl Watson is considered a "High-Major" recruit in the recruiting world, meaning he should garner attention from all the top end BCS schools. Yet we have him.

Fred VanVleet is going to be a big time point guard, and his stock is only going to rise more during the season.

What is the key to all of our big time recruiting gets? Everytime a recruit talks, he always talks about how Wichita State was there in the beginning. Our staff has an insanely good eye for talent, and gauging it early. We have been recruiting Perry since 8th grade.

I'm not saying it is a lock we get Perry, not even remotely close. But for people to throw out 1 and 2% numbers on us getting him, you guys are totally underestimating, and not giving enough credit to this staff. Jeff Borzello even said to not view WSU as the longshot here, and he gets paid handily for being a recruiting analyst.

Like I said, if he chooses WSU, I'm not going to surprised at all. If he picks any of the other schools I"m not going to be surprised either. They've all put the work in on Perry, and he's going to make a decision that is right for him, all the way.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Re: WuDrWu

Originally posted by blackandgold
                WuDrWu, you have to have some kind of inside info or you wouldn't be on the Phog board letting them know they have Perry. Damn, I thought we had him!

Negative on the II. ...... I just like throwing a monkey in the wrench every once in a while. I've made no secret that I have expected Perry to choose KU for the last 6 years or so, I have nothing in front of me that tells me anything different now.

I just wanted to correct the UK guy.

And I stand by my comments about how classy the Ellis' have been throughout this ordeal, and like rjl, I wish there were more recruits like this...for the schools, the fans but mostly for the athletes. Perry will be successful, and his strong family support will be a large contributor to that success. If he indeed chooses KU, he will be the only Jayhawk I've ever supported and likely will ever support.

Comment

• I've said very little throughout this 50 page thread due to many reasons, and I now regret jumping in at the last so I'll end it here, reiterating my strongest sentiments.

Our coaching staff has handled this recruiting ordeal as well as anyone can hope. The recruiting job Coach Marshall and his staff have done in 4+ seasons is remarkable at a minimum.

Likewise, Perry and his family have been more than gracious and have given Wichita State EVERY opportunity to sell themselves while at the same time looking out for his own best interest.

No doubt they are going to make the best decision for Perry. No matter his decision, long term success is without question in this young man's future.

Comment

• I just hope he doesn't take his talents to south beach

Comment

• I am putting my $2 (lottery ticket money) on WSU getting Perry in Vegas. Better odds than winning the lottery. And you couldn't have said that before HCGM came to town....

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock
                        I am putting my $2 (lottery ticket money) on WSU getting Perry in Vegas. Better odds than winning the lottery. And you couldn't have said that before HCGM came to town....

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
                        :yes: :good: :yes: 8) :goshocks:
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Insecurity.

Comment

• No issues with realist or those that doubt our chances for whatever reason, but to say things like "...it would have been..." That's just rediculous! I will be suprised if Perry chooses KSU or UK, but not KU or WSU. Why? Those two schools each have something special to offer that UK and KSU can't! Which one will it be? We'll have to wait until Wednesday to find out, but, all involved in this recruitment were VERY professional. Alot of respect goes out to Perry and family as well as the WSU coaching staff!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• The fact that Perry has taken us so serious is a plus and encouraging for future reference. I too want him to do what is best for Perry and am quite impressed with the way this young man has handled himself so professionally through his recruiting process. No matter what he decides, it will be great for both him and WSU.

We will get our recruits and we will get awesome ones. Gregg is a special recruiter and I feel like this Staff we have now is, and will continue to be, the very best EVER in terms of recruiting at WSU. Now I know that is a mouth full, but my opinions are free of charge.

So what does an eternal WSU optimist predict on this? No inside info to report but my gut says he will pick KU. If not KU, it will indeed be us. 70-30 odds to KU. Sometimes though, even eternal optimists are :shock: SHOCKED BABY. Can ya dig it? Groovy!!!!!!! :wsu_posters:
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTXE
                                Insecurity.
                                Glad to see you back. Are the posters in this thread obsessed?

Comment

Working...
                                X