Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dTm
    When people project an incoming players position i think it has more to do with the defensive end. We all know Ellis and in fact most of the high end recruits can play inside and outside, so then the question is where can they defend.
    Most of the recruiting talk I've seen has him as a PF for that reason. He may be able to play some SF, but he appears to be best suited to be a PF who can step out and play on the perimeter.

Gavin seems to be the opposite. A little undersized to be a PF but has the athletic ability and skills to be an effective SF who can take his man inside.

And that's what you're going to see at Heights this year.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• But I wonder how it will affect him knowing we already have Hall, White, and now Watson already as PF's?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
        But I wonder how it will affect him knowing we already have Hall, White, and now Watson already as PF's?
        I hope he walks in and looks them in the eye and says " I'm just trying to figure out which one of you are going to be sitting on the bench", as has the X man saying to AC and CL when he first got to WSU. :good:

Comment

• And now Early but I think Perry would like to be a SF. That's probably his postion in the NBA.
          In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
            And now Early but I think Perry would like to be a SF. That's probably his postion in the NBA.
            And Early is be scouted for the NBA as a SG so there is some room in the paint on this team. Very exciting time to be a Shocker!
            Livin the dream

Comment

• But after adding two JUCO big men in Earl Watson and Cleanthony Early, many would speculate that the Shockers chances of landing the in-state talent were slim.

However, according to the Ellis family, that isn't the case.

"I don't think that's an issue at all," his mother said. "Perry is not a big for [Wichita State]. He will be a wing."

Comment

• "Perry is not a big for [Wichita State]. He will be a wing."
                So he's going to be a Shocker! His mom said it right there! Or did I read too much into that? "He will be a wing." :whistle:

Comment

• From the collegiatehoops.net article.

For the most part, Ellis has played in the frontcourt, but after recent improvement to his shot and ball handling, he has the ability to play on the wing and some coaches even believe he could be a college two.

Comment

• Has anyone seen a Brinks armored truck pull up to the Ellis house yet? Calipari is supposed to be there sometime today.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockMe300
                      "Perry is not a big for [Wichita State]. He will be a wing."
                      So he's going to be a Shocker! His mom said it right there! Or did I read too much into that? "He will be a wing." :whistle:
                      You're probably not reading too much into it.

Is he coming to WSU? ...not sure.

Do we have a more than 10% chance? ...I would say most definitely

Comment

• KU will pay more $ than Memphis.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                          KU will pay more $ than Memphis.
                          I think Memphis gave up. But I really don't want to get into a somebody is offering money thing. I don't believe Perry and family would accept any of that. But the main reason I don't want to go there is if Perry does pick WSU, I'm sure we will here some of that from KU fans.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

• I think anyone who offered money to anyone in the Ellis family would be committing coaching suicide.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Has anyone seen a Brinks armored truck pull up to the Ellis house yet? Calipari is supposed to be there sometime today.
                              hilarious!

all four schools that he's listed can get him to the next level. it seems as if the ellis family plays by the rules and wins by the rules. if i were in the ellis family, i would be asking about john's tarnished record at memphis and umass. why did he feel the need to cheat, and what makes them think that its not going on again at kentucky

Comment

• The three phase Ellis program:

1) Sign him up

2) Give him playing time as a freshman so he can break all-school records

3) Retire his number in the rafters

Where else is THAT gonna happen? He won't get step 2 at most schools and 3 is a looong shot even at WSU -- but this IS where it could happen!
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X