No announcement yet.

Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky, will not make the final 3. Neither will WSU.

Comment

• I'm sure Perry is very confident in his abilities. However, one of the things I'm sure Perry has considered is that when you talk about Duke and Kentucky in particular, they would have no hesitation in signing another top 5 player at your position after you sign or that they will have one in front of you that didn't go "one and done". And with Duke, you may have to beat out a quality junior or senior along with another top freshman.

Consider WSU. Let's say EO "gets it" this year and would be a very good 5 in 2012. Would freshman Perry be able to just push senior Hall aside and win the 4 spot. Maybe...maybe not. Even if he moves Hall to the 5, a solid, experienced White could even be a problem beating out, particularly early.

So, if it might be somewhat hard to insert yourself immediately into WSU's lineup as a freshman, it's most likely twice as hard at KU, Duke, and Kentucky, each and every year.

I think Perry keeps WSU as one of his teams up until he signs, and just maybe, he might just pick the longshot. We can hope anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock
        Dukes a cheater too
        off topic but how is duke a cheater exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by fuball7
          Originally posted by shock
          Dukes a cheater too
          off topic but how is duke a cheater exactly?
          Not a Duke fan, but yeah, I wasn't aware.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• One, they really aren't, but if WSU had that kind of success KU would have found something to report by now. But two, I get confused and mixed up easy (blame it on the heat) and I thought the cheater comment before refereced something that it didn't. It is totally embarassing looking at it now.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock
              One, they really aren't, but if WSU had that kind of success KU would have found something to report by now. But two, I get confused and mixed up easy (blame it on the heat) and I thought the cheater comment before refereced something that it didn't. It is totally embarassing looking at it now.
              ok. as far as we all know coach k runs a pretty clean program. i dont dislike them near as much as some other teams that are run by cheaters aka kentucky... well i guess coach cal hasnt got caught at kentucky yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                Others besides Perry and Buddy on Kansas Pray and Play are now getting noticed. Here is a tweet on one:

"rchoopsSean Connor

This Kansas Pray & Play has 4 class 2011 kids...really like athleticism of 6'7" Raymond Jenkins. Workhorse in the paint...someone take him!"

Raymond and his twin brother, I believe the name is Ramond are pretty much a household name in Oklahoma high school basketball. I've known about them but guess I missed an OU article in December that said WSU, and some other schools were interested in both. I'll try to find that link and post it.

The online home for Oklahoma Basketball Fans

Looks like the correct first names are Romond and Ramond.
                A tweet from Daniel Poneman:

"Just got word from 6'7" 2012 Ramond Jenkins of Kansas Pray & Play that #Nebraska called last night and offered him & his twin Romond Jenkins"

The Jenkins twins were in the 2011 class but recently reclassified to 2012 in hopes of receiving more attention. Thanks to their play this summer and Pray and Play's success, that has happened. We should keep an eye on the twins now that they are in the 2012 class. However, I know they want to go to college together. Have my doubts if the Shockers would make room for both, but perhaps.

BTW, one other name we haven't mentioned lately who is on the Pray and Play team is Earl Peterson. He also is being seen by several teams. I've already posted info on the renewed interest in Ja'ln Williams.

Up next for Kansas P&P is the Adidas Super 64 in Las Vegas. Their pool incudes the DC Assault, Florida Rams and the Colorado Hawks.
                In the fast lane

Comment

• Ellis in no sweat
                  Perhaps no prospect in the 2012 class has been recruited longer than five-star forward Perry Ellis. Now that the time is nearing to chose a school, Ellis insists he doesn't feel the pressure.

"I don't worry about it," said Ellis, who played his first high school game with Wichita (Kansas) Heights in front of Kansas head coach Bill Self. "When the time comes, I know that I will know where I want to go."

After three years Kansas still remains firmly on Ellis' list along with Kansas State, Memphis, Kentucky, Duke and Wichita State.
                  Not a lot of info in this one. But that seems pretty typical of Perry and his recruitment. He does mention the importance of playing on TV though.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                    Ellis in no sweat
                    Perhaps no prospect in the 2012 class has been recruited longer than five-star forward Perry Ellis. Now that the time is nearing to chose a school, Ellis insists he doesn't feel the pressure.

"I don't worry about it," said Ellis, who played his first high school game with Wichita (Kansas) Heights in front of Kansas head coach Bill Self. "When the time comes, I know that I will know where I want to go."

After three years Kansas still remains firmly on Ellis' list along with Kansas State, Memphis, Kentucky, Duke and Wichita State.
                    Not a lot of info in this one. But that seems pretty typical of Perry and his recruitment. He does mention the importance of playing on TV though.
                    The TV part caught my eye. Not good, except perhaps he will decide in the end that in person is better than TV.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                      Originally posted by SubGod22
                      Ellis in no sweat

The TV part caught my eye. Not good, except perhaps he will decide in the end that in person is better than TV.
                      That too, crossed my mind. And with all road games being televised they wouldn't have to miss a single one.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                        Ellis in no sweat

That too, crossed my mind. And with all road games being televised they wouldn't have to miss a single one.
                        But they would have to listen to Bruce and Craig to watch the games.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
                          Ellis in no sweat

Damn it Aargh. Why'd you have to go and bring up that negative? Maybe they can be like many on here and listen to Kennedy while watching the game.

Can it get much worse than Bruce and Craig?
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                            Ellis in no sweat

Damn it Aargh. Why'd you have to go and bring up that negative? Maybe they can be like many on here and listen to Kennedy while watching the game.

The worst sports guy in the history of the world!
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                              Ellis in no sweat

It could be worse. It could be Craig and Rene. T-T-T-Toure! F-F-F-For th-th-th-threeeee!! Now they are guac-ing and rolling!
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Perry would make us one fine small forward. As stated earlier, we can always dream.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X