Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.kentucky.com/2011/07/06/1...get-ellis.html
    I was a real Dukie.
    I think "was" is a key word there. Gotta love the humor.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• So his dream really is one-and-done. Right up Kentucky's alley. :(
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• One and done.

I don't know.

I just don't know.

If Coach Marshall pulls this off, I am going to start calling him as Coach Magic Marshall.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by shock
          http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...Ctext%7CSPORTS

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/07/06/1...get-ellis.html
          I was a real Dukie.
          "I like Coach Cal," Ellis said. "I like his approach."

Approach?

"He lets you roam a little freely," he said.

Ellis voiced a similar impression of Calipari's successor at Memphis, Josh Pastner.

"He's not micromanaging you," he said of Pastner.
          Those quotes would not seem to favor Duke or WSU based on their coaches styles (in my opinion), but I stick to my previous observation.

Duke, Kansas, or WSU (not necessarily in that order). 8)
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock
            Originally posted by shock
            http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...Ctext%7CSPORTS

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/07/06/1...get-ellis.html
            I was a real Dukie.
            "I like Coach Cal," Ellis said. "I like his approach."

Approach?

"He lets you roam a little freely," he said.

Ellis voiced a similar impression of Calipari's successor at Memphis, Josh Pastner.

"He's not micromanaging you," he said of Pastner.
            Those quotes would not seem to favor Duke or WSU based on their coaches styles (in my opinion), but I stick to my previous observation.

Duke, Kansas, or WSU (not necessarily in that order). 8)
            Perry is always very aware of who he is speaking to and goes out of his way to be complimentary of that program while being respectful of the others on his list. He is still very seriously considering all of the programs IMO, but I think Duke and KU will be two of the final three. Kentucky will get weeded out by such an intelligent young man because Cal is a cheater, and he and his family will see that. I'm doubtful about KSU and OU (not sure what they offer over KU). Memphis and WSU are wildcards.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Duke offers the #4 ranked Mitch McGary, a 6-10 PF, today. I expect them to land him. Kentucky also offered him today.
              In the fast lane

Comment

• TheRecruitScoopAlex Kline

Perry Ellis watched by Krzyzewski 5 times, Bill Self 8 times, Calipari 7 times, Pastner & Frank Martin 6 times & Greg Marshall 4 times.
                In the fast lane

Comment

• Others besides Perry and Buddy on Kansas Pray and Play are now getting noticed. Here is a tweet on one:

"rchoopsSean Connor

This Kansas Pray & Play has 4 class 2011 kids...really like athleticism of 6'7" Raymond Jenkins. Workhorse in the paint...someone take him!"

Raymond and his twin brother, I believe the name is Ramond are pretty much a household name in Oklahoma high school basketball. I've known about them but guess I missed an OU article in December that said WSU, and some other schools were interested in both. I'll try to find that link and post it.

The online home for Oklahoma Basketball Fans

Looks like the correct first names are Romond and Ramond.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

• Pralow twins part two?

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                      TheRecruitScoopAlex Kline

Perry Ellis watched by Krzyzewski 5 times, Bill Self 8 times, Calipari 7 times, Pastner & Frank Martin 6 times & Greg Marshall 4 times.
                      What can we gather from this, anything?

I, for one, would have expected that the home town coach would have watched him at least more than all the other coaches combined, unless:

1. He felt that he had the player already wrapped up, or

2. He knew he really didn't have a chance of landing him.

Comment

• I think coaches have to play the percentages. If you think you have a 10% chance to get a top 50 player, a 20% chance to get a top 100 player or a 40% chance to get a top 150 player, where are you going to put most of your effort?

I'd probably go with the top 150 player.

Comment

• NM
                          In the fast lane

Comment

• I for one think 4 times is enough. I think most people were pretty surprised by Calipari seeing him seven 7 times. Also, July isn't over. The first day of the period Marshall went elsewhere to see Fred Van Vleet. Understandable to make sure Fred knows his verbal is very much wanted.

Buddy Hield is another player on the team who I expect to end up top 150.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• Plus the staff has seen him more than most, if not all, of the others as a whole.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I would only be disapointed if they saw him once or less. Two or more times is good for Buddy and Perry.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X