No announcement yet.

Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend of mine whose info is normally reliable says he's been following Ellis before he became "known". He says he followed Ellis as a track performer in grade school and Jr. Hi and that in that time Ellis was undefeated in the sprints.

Anybody heard anything of Ellis running track? I haven't heard anything from the time he's been in HS, but there could be any number of reasons for that.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse

We know which tool in the shed that you are not...(and I wouldn't have to spell it out for anyone else)...the "sharpest". I predict that we are on his list and if we are not, what have I lost?
      Wow...did you come up with that all on your own?

How many people on here have actually watched him play? I would say some, but too many just go with the hype. I'm sure he is a good kid and know he is a good player. but as far as all the hype he has gotten in Wichita he's overrated on that level. I played with Korleone Young, Maurice Evans, and many others. I know talent and what I know is that Perry did not progress as much last year as he should have. Now, this year might be different but we will see. He needs to show more progression in his game, unitl then I stand by my statement.

And if your going to try to insult someone, at least come up with something original or funny, otherwise you just come off as a douche.

Comment

• "22's" comments have an edge of truth in regards to Perry's play of last year. While he had several good games, he did not dominate like I thought he would, based on all of the buildup. Granted, he is still young and he has a lot of maturing to do, but is he really living up to his hype?

I compare AC and Perry at this stage in their high school careers and think to myself that Perry is not there, yet. Maybe after the end of this year, but objectively, no, not right now... there is still some additional growth in his game that needs to occur.

Would I take him as a Shocker? Absolutely! He is very good right now, but he is going to get even better... at least I hope so!

Comment

• Wow....

Didn't progress as much as he should have?

Says who?

When your baseline is about 500% above 99% of your competition's ceiling, it's a little tough to see exponential growth. And just how is Perry supposed to achieve this "expected progress" on a daily basis? Competition in practice?

How many kids in high school that he played against are even in his league? Maybe 5? And most of those 5 are not wings or posts.

When you are triple teamed, as Perry is most of the time, it's a little tough to show off your "expected progress".

He's fine, in fact he's great. He'll play college ball where ever he wants, and his upside will mostly be determined by his dedication. He'll be as good as he wants to be. He is somewhat hampered by the lack of quality competition, and that isn't meant to be a slap at the rest of the city league...it's just that Perry is that good.

Comment

• Go to bed, Doc.

Comment

• Agree with Doc.

Eliss is a "once a decade" player (if that), and he is in our backyard.

Marshall should stalk him. He should have somebody at every practice, every game, etc.

City-League talent is at a 15 year high. We need to sign some of them (besides Evan).

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
                Wow....

Didn't progress as much as he should have?

Says who?

When your baseline is about 500% above 99% of your competition's ceiling, it's a little tough to see exponential growth. And just how is Perry supposed to achieve this "expected progress" on a daily basis? Competition in practice?

How many kids in high school that he played against are even in his league? Maybe 5? And most of those 5 are not wings or posts.

When you are triple teamed, as Perry is most of the time, it's a little tough to show off your "expected progress".

He's fine, in fact he's great. He'll play college ball where ever he wants, and his upside will mostly be determined by his dedication. He'll be as good as he wants to be. He is somewhat hampered by the lack of quality competition, and that isn't meant to be a slap at the rest of the city league...it's just that Perry is that good.
                :good:
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Granted I've only seen him play once but vs BC last season he was completely out played in every facet of the game by Bell. That night he wasn't even the best player on his own team as D. Smith took over a closely contested game. All that said he'd be the biggest thing to hit campus since Mo. I think what some of us are saying is he's far from a 1-and-done.

Comment

• I'm not sure many have really believed he'd be one and done. Some how that talk got started somewhere. If he's a one and done or not, I'd take him as a Shocker in a heartbeat!
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Perry progressed just fine. We want him and in the long run he is better off playing at home and then going on to a long NBA Career (see Antoine Labotte Carr (sp?).

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu
                        Granted I've only seen him play once but vs BC last season he was completely out played in every facet of the game by Bell. That night he wasn't even the best player on his own team as D. Smith took over a closely contested game. All that said he'd be the biggest thing to hit campus since Mo. I think what some of us are saying is he's far from a 1-and-done.
                        Heights only scored 44 points that game. Don't forget all of the talent that plays on the Heights team. They probably wanted Smith or somebody else to step up because you know that BC is gonna go after Perry. If the score is in the forties do you really expect one player to be carrying the team? You can't expect Perry to drop amazing numbers every game when he plays on a very talented team with multiple D1 prospects. I'm not saying he will be one and done, I don't think he will be, not because of his ability but because I have heard he is a good student who wouldn't waste an education.

Comment

• Why is anyone on this forum saying bad things about Ellis. We all would give anything to have him

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock
                            Why is anyone on this forum saying bad things about Ellis. We all would give anything to have him
                            Maybe some people are trying to lower their expectations so that they don't feel burned if he chooses another school.

Psychology. I think.
                            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock
                              Why is anyone on this forum saying bad things about Ellis. We all would give anything to have him
                              Who's saying bad things?

Comment

• Boston read some earlier posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X