Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maui is 2010..................

Comment

• Are you sure? I'm pretty sure its in 09.

The Old Spice Classic. Isn't that basically another Maui?

Comment

• The Eagle link is gone, but I believe it was Old Spice in 08, Maui in 09, CBE in 10 with WSU hosting a regional.

Plenty of TV exposure with those tourneys.

Comment

• It's archived, but here is the blurb from the old Eagle article:

WSU recently finalized arrangements to play in the CBE Classic in 2009 and the Maui Invitational in 2010. WSU had previously announced it will play in the Old Spice Disney Classic during the 2008-09 season.

Comment

• This is from rivals.com and who Kentucky is probably waiting on ahead of Stutts. He can play PF.

Where does Chris Singleton stand with Kentucky, FSU, and Tennessee? When will he announce?

-- Blake from San Diego
            -----
            Singleton recently told Jeff Drummond of CatsPause.com that he is down to Kentucky and Florida State and will announce his decision on Nov. 14, which is the first day of the early signing period. It's difficult to handicap this two-horse race, and Singleton is on record saying that he isn't leaning one direction or the other.

With Kentucky striking out on a number of post targets, the Wildcats are pouring a lot of energy into landing Singleton. Florida State, however, might have an edge in recruiting Singleton because the Seminoles are also recruiting his teammate and close friend Pierre Jordan.

Comment

• Well, I was wondering why FSU was in the running with Kentucky for Singleton, considering both programs.

Now, back to the topic, it would be great to get both Stutz and Davis.

Comment

• If UK sees Stutz as a backup plan to Singleton, then don't expect them to offer. Singleton has already scheduled a presser for Nov. 14 to announce his decision and it sounds like Garrett wants to decide before then.

But there are UK fans who feel like both of them could/should be offerred.

Comment

• Add Goins and Morgan to Kentucky's list and WSU makes a LOT of sense for Stutts. Not only playing time next year, but a chance to start that I think he would NEVER get at Kentucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock
                    http://www.shockernet.net/sn/viewtopic.php?t=8530&start=0

The Eagle link is gone, but I believe it was Old Spice in 08, Maui in 09, CBE in 10 with WSU hosting a regional.

Close, but not correct. You need to switch up CBE w/ Maui. Next season is the Old Spice Classic in Orlando. The CBE is 2009 with us hosting a regional and the winner moving on to Kansas City. Maui is in 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771
                      Originally posted by rrshock
                      http://www.shockernet.net/sn/viewtopic.php?t=8530&start=0

The Eagle link is gone, but I believe it was Old Spice in 08, Maui in 09, CBE in 10 with WSU hosting a regional.

Close, but not correct. You need to switch up CBE w/ Maui. Next season is the Old Spice Classic in Orlando. The CBE is 2009 with us hosting a regional and the winner moving on to Kansas City. Maui is in 2010.
                      Hey, I tried. At least I had the tourneys right.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan
                        Add Goins and Morgan to Kentucky's list and WSU makes a LOT of sense for Stutts. Not only playing time next year, but a chance to start that I think he would NEVER get at Kentucky.
                        I can only hope we hear about a presser for Stutz in the next few days. Maybe this UK stuff is gonna get old, really fast for him and he just wants to get it over with.

Comment

• If he is going to be a Shocker, I think we will know by early next week. Stutz's father said a decision will probably be made by then. Also, Kentucky was to contact him sometime this week to explain where they are at on offering a scholarship.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

• I can see one of those "wait until spring, and we'll know more" things coming from Kentucky. Or the "walk-on the first year, then we'll get you a scholarship" offers as well.

At least here it is out in the open. WSU wants him and there is a scholarship waiting for him too.

Comment

• I've always thought that they probably want to do one of those two. But they might breakdown and offer.

It's interesting that Stutz put his potential schools in three pools. Big schools, medium schools and small schools. Kentucky, WSU and SMU were the winners of the three pools. Now he has to decide which of the three winners are the best fit for him. I think he was pretty overwhelmed at first with Kentucky's tradition. He has had sometime for that to wear off and I hope realizes he would more than likely be a small fish. The draw to SMU is their coach and the building of a new practice facility.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock
                                I can see one of those "wait until spring, and we'll know more" things coming from Kentucky. Or the "walk-on the first year, then we'll get you a scholarship" offers as well.

At least here it is out in the open. WSU wants him and there is a scholarship waiting for him too.
                                I think the "wait until spring " line might be forthcoming. Then the question is, will he wait?

Comment

Working...
                                X