No announcement yet.

Garrett Stutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is becoming increasing obvious that this young man and his family are giving this decision a lot of serious thought, and want to make sure it is the right decision.

or waiting to see if Kentucky offers

Comment

• Originally posted by lawmaker
      It is becoming increasing obvious that this young man and his family are giving this decision a lot of serious thought, and want to make sure it is the right decision.

Lawman, do you always have to throw a turd in the punch bowl? :D
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU
        Originally posted by lawmaker
        It is becoming increasing obvious that this young man and his family are giving this decision a lot of serious thought, and want to make sure it is the right decision.

Lawman, do you always have to be a turd? :D

Fixed.

Comment

• Came across this tidbit from a SLU board via a UK board:

I have seen Garrett play a lot. He is skilled but definitely a project, because of his rail thin body. When he caught the ball deep he was quick to get off his hook shoot or face up, but if someone were to bump him or get into his body he would miss the lay up, kick it out or move away from the basket. I liked him a lot and I could see him as a contributer his third year of school. I think most programs would red shirt him his first year and play him a little more as his body put on weight. I have watched other tall guys put on weight and muscle and it is not a quick process nor is it an easy one. So while he is being courted by all of these big time schools because he is seven foot, I really think his best bet would be SLU or the Valley as long as they have a good weight program and nutritionist if he wants to see the floor earlier in his college career.

Comment

• I could be late to the party but I noticed there is a Logan Stutz who is a freshman at Buter County this year. It said he is from Blue Springs Missouri. Is this Garrett's brother?

Comment

• Originally posted by rockthechuck
              I could be late to the party but I noticed there is a Logan Stutz who is a freshman at Buter County this year. It said he is from Blue Springs Missouri. Is this Garrett's brother?
              I believe so. That is the reason Garrett has also had two unofficial visits to WSU.

Comment

• Isn't Garrett 220-225 lbs? I don't think it would be too hard for Kerry to get him up to 240-250 lbs in short order. Didn't Ellis put on 17 lbs in 2 months when he first showed up?

If Garrett got to 250 lbs, he would be okay, and anything above that would be a plus. It is common when kids grow so fast, and he did, a lot, that their weight does not catch up to them until a few months after the growing stops.
                It is also quite common to have 'bone problems' because of growing so fast, so care has to be taken to allow the bones to strengthen, and strengthen the rest of body so that the 'growth spurt' doesn't have adverse effects.

My own son, was little like me growing up, then grew 13" in 13 months, and tips the scales between 240-250 lbs now.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                  Originally posted by rockthechuck
                  I could be late to the party but I noticed there is a Logan Stutz who is a freshman at Buter County this year. It said he is from Blue Springs Missouri. Is this Garrett's brother?
                  I believe so. That is the reason Garrett has also had two unofficial visits to WSU.

Well here's to hoping that big brother can help sway his decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                    Came across this tidbit from a SLU board via a UK board:

I really think his best bet would be SLU or the Valley as long as they have a good weight program and nutritionist if he wants to see the floor earlier in his college career.
                    1997 and 1998 Missouri Valley Conference Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year
                    Has worked with over 40 players that have reached the major leagues
                    Guest speaker at Syd Thrifts International Institute in 1989
                    Guest speaker at the 1993 Strength and Conditioning Association's National Convention on the topic of designing a year-round weight-training program for baseball
                    Offered the head strength coach's position with various major league organizations
                    Published four articles in Collegiate Baseball on weight-training specifically for pitchers and position players
                    Guest speaker at the American Baseball Coaches Association's National Convention in 1996
                    One of the few strength coaches in the country to have pitched collegiately
                    What Other's are Saying:
                    "Kerry Rosenboom, in conjunction with his web designer, has put together a spectacular site which zeroes in on the subject of weight training for baseball and nothing else.
                    It features either a pitchers' workout or a position players' workout.
                    A personalized weight-training program will be created and sent back to you. Then you can view and print out your program from the web site.
                    All of the exercises have video examples to show you the proper technique for each exercise.
                    Rosenboom stresses that you never sacrifice technique to lift heavier weight. When you can get all your repetitions and sets in good form, then you can increase the weight. Several other important weight training safety tips are also explained by Rosenboom."

:good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

Comment

• Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com

Stutz will probably make a decision within a week. No other new info in this article. It's still between us, SMU and Kentucky. Kentucky still hasn't offered.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Hard to say you're going to go somewhere if they haven't offered.

Comment

• yea, if he makes a decision within a week, then im liking our chances. Because im sure if Kentucky is gonna offer, then it would be later on
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• dougherty has to be pumping up the same thing that Turgeon did his first year that brought Wise, Howard, Burns, Kampman, etc. here.... "we're going to build this thing"

i obviously think that stutz would have his best opportunity here with rosenbloom and coach marshall.

Comment

• Whenever Rosenboom is brought up and ultimately incorrectly identified, I'm always reminded of "Fletch."
                              Oh, it's me Dr. Rosenpxxxs, I'm just here to check out Alan Stanwyck's file. Nurse: Dr. who? Fletch: Dr. Rosenrosen, I'm here to get in the records room. Nurse: Come again? Fletch: It's Dr. Rosen, Hi. I just want to check the records room. Nurse: Dr. who? Fletch: Dr. Rosen.
                              Erwin M Fletcher as Dr.Rosenpenis#fletchlives #chevychase
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• If he goes to SMU, he will find that the community support for the basketball program, in the DFW Metroplex area, is nowhere near that in Wichita.

SMU basketball is an afterthought that gets little coverage in the local media and little attention from the local populace. The crowds at the games are not nearly as large as in Koch Area.

As a comparison, here is information from the NCAA*:

SMU -- Per game average: 1838 for 16 home games -- 29,406 total attendance -- (From a population of over 6 million -- DFW area)

WSU -- Per game average: 10,478 for 15 home games -- 157,170 total attendance

*Reference: 2007 National Collegiate Basketball Attendance

Comment

Working...
                                X