Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockfan8
    Originally posted by KC Shox
    Any prospect coming out of KC who is rated a 3 star prospect or above won't sniff mid-major programs. They are too self-absorbed and only want to affiliate themselves with a BCS program. Once this kid get's a BCS offer, you can kiss us goodbye.
    Why are you always such a downer ??
    Downer? When was the last time from a WSU standpoint, did we get a 3+ star recruit out of the Kansas City area? I'm just saying.....up there, it's KU, MU, KSU this and Nebraska and other BCS programs that. Newspaper and radio coverage of surrounding mid-major programs that do fairly well such as WSU, Creighton, Mizzou St., to name a few never get any run.

I'm just telling it how it is. I'm won't be mad at the kid if he did not choose WSU, all kids up there are exposed to non-stop BCS propaganda. Crawford was a perfect example of this.

Comment

• KC, I see where you are coming from.

Hopefully this kid doesn't end up your typical KC area player. There have been a few others beside Simien that came from up there, but not many. The Rush boys weren't too bad, just got some bad advice from Mr. Piggy or whatever his name was. I have listened to KC area radio plenty of times and have heard some talk about the 3 MVC schools and UMKC, but usually it is all KU and Mizzou. Even KSU gets left out up there.

This kid sounds too good to pass up, and hopefully he won't pass up our program.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
        When was the last time from a WSU standpoint, did we get a 3+ star recruit out of the Kansas City area?
        Jamar Howard. I don't know what his "stars" were, but he was a 3-4 star level player.

Only a select few KC-area players since Jamar were as good as advertised. Of those that did go to BCS schools, how many are still there? Creighton has landed a couple (Blackwell, Miles). They weren't as good as once thought (though Miles was close). And both of them transferred down (UMKC, Murray St).

Crawford couldn't hack it at Wake so he left for the Big12 doormat. What of the Reed kid?

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
          Originally posted by Shockfan8
          Any prospect coming out of KC who is rated a 3 star prospect or above won't sniff mid-major programs. They are too self-absorbed and only want to affiliate themselves with a BCS program. Once this kid get's a BCS offer, you can kiss us goodbye.
          Why are you always such a downer ??
          Downer? When was the last time from a WSU standpoint, did we get a 3+ star recruit out of the Kansas City area? I'm just saying.....up there, it's KU, MU, KSU this and Nebraska and other BCS programs that. Newspaper and radio coverage of surrounding mid-major programs that do fairly well such as WSU, Creighton, Mizzou St., to name a few never get any run.

I'm just telling it how it is. I'm won't be mad at the kid if he did not choose WSU, all kids up there are exposed to non-stop BCS propaganda. Crawford was a perfect example of this.
          As a fellow Shocker in Jayhawkland, I can testify that KC is right on all points.

The last two good players that WSU has landed from this area are Jamar and John Cooper. Hopefully, Garrett will choose WSU, and buck the stereotype...

I choose to remain hopeful, but realistic....
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Howard was a Rivals 150 player. I believe around 125.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
              When was the last time from a WSU standpoint, did we get a 3+ star recruit out of the Kansas City area?
              Jamar Howard. I don't know what his "stars" were, but he was a 3-4 star level player.

Only a select few KC-area players since Jamar were as good as advertised. Of those that did go to BCS schools, how many are still there? Creighton has landed a couple (Blackwell, Miles). They weren't as good as once thought (though Miles was close). And both of them transferred down (UMKC, Murray St).

Crawford couldn't hack it at Wake so he left for the Big12 doormat. What of the Reed kid?
              But Crawford still chose a crappy BCS school over a non-BCS school capable of competing with the better BCS schools (pick any of the top 6 Valley schools). Conner Teahen chose to walk-on at KU instead of being a marquis recruit at WSU, etc, etc, etc....

It's going to take a few more years to get the perceptions in line with reality..... :-x
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I'm not going to use Teahen as an example. Can you really fault a kid for taking a chance, even if it is as a walk-on, to play for the school he grew up wanting to be a part of?
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                  I'm not going to use Teahen as an example. Can you really fault a kid for taking a chance, even if it is as a walk-on, to play for the school he grew up wanting to be a part of?
                  Not in his case, but Crawford going to Wake Forest then leaving after a year is still unbelievable. The crap these kids get their heads filled with is amazing.

Comment

• I'll definitely go with that. A lot of that goes on the media too as they're the ones who have seperated the schools.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Would it not be fair to say that this recruit is more polished at this juncture then Paul Miller was? He is taller and has a nice outside touch similar then P.M. One thing about it, he can get ample playing time each and every year if he keeps improving here at WSU. Kerry can get him bulked up and Marshall knows how to develop players.

Quality height is have to find in the Valley. P.M. did not tear up the court every single game even in his Senior year. However, his consistancy that year over-all was solid and he was respectable to match up with Tennessee's big men at the Dance that year. Just think if Taj Gray would have been in there with him? That is why FSF keeps preaching the "Twin Tower Theory of Relativity." 2 or three quality big men to go with the incoming guards we have coming later, and we are off to see the Wizard.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• ^we're going to see Dick Vitale?

Comment

• Actually, it would be awesome for us to be in a game that D.V. would announce someday soon.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock

Jamar had major athletic talent but he wasn't a great basketall player.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock
                              Originally posted by RoyalShock

But Crawford still chose a crappy BCS school over a non-BCS school capable of competing with the better BCS schools (pick any of the top 6 Valley schools). Conner Teahen chose to walk-on at KU instead of being a marquis recruit at WSU, etc, etc, etc....

It's going to take a few more years to get the perceptions in line with reality..... :-x
                              The entire KC metro area has a distorted view of the State of Kansas and athletics outside of the Big12.

Comment

• Stay up to date with all the Kentucky Wildcats sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

Scout article confirms Stutz's visit to WSU this weekend. He is no longer visiting Marquette and they are now definitely out of the running.

No other visits are planned after WSU. According to this Kentucky writer, Kentucky is favored somewhat over WSU and SMU, "but they haven't exactly offered me a scholarship yet" according to Garret. He still wants to make a November commitment and it's unclear on his willingness to wait on Kentucky.

His NBA idol is Dirk Nowitski.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X