No announcement yet.

Chance Moore 6'7 G/F 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't Marshall visit in like a sleet storm when interviewing for the HC spot

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      Didn't Marshall visit in like a sleet storm when interviewing for the HC spot
      Yes, I think his 1st day in Wichita was in a horizontal snow storm. Perhaps the extreme weather intrigued him or just made him want to Coach Angry.

Comment

Committing on November 8. https://twitter.com/ReRunMoore11/sta...28517341089792

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          Gotta think that him announcing that while on his visit here is a pretty good sign ....

Comment

Why wait? Come on Mr Moore, let's do this!

Comment

That would be the 1st day of the early LOI sigining period (November 8 - November 15 this year). It is very possible (maybe likely) he has or will commit prior to that date but not make it public until the day he signs his LOI. That can add a bit of excitement to his signing ceremony.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                Why wait? Come on Mr Moore, let's do this!
                Maybe it will be the Shockers who will cause the waiting. We have some really good options at this small forward or big guard psotion, whatever you want to call it, and Chance may or may not be at the top of 3G's wish list.

In addition to Chance the Shocks are inolved with Jared Rhoden and Darius Allen. Not sure where Zach Naylor fits in. Perhaps more of a small forward while Chance, Jared and Darius are more big guards.

One thing they all have in common is that all look like they can play.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Maybe it will be the Shockers who will cause the waiting. We have some really good options at this small forward or big guard psotion, whatever you want to call it, and Chance may or may not be at the top of 3G's wish list.

In addition to Chance the Shocks are inolved with Jared Rhoden and Darius Allen. Not sure where Zach Naylor fits in. Perhaps more of a small forward while Chance, Jared and Darius are more big guards.

You're forgetting Keyontae Johnson, who took an official visit here a couple of weeks ago. He's the highest-rated of the bunch.

Comment

You're forgetting Keyontae Johnson, who took an official visit here a couple of weeks ago. He's the highest-rated of the bunch.
                    Indeed I deed forget him. That's quite a pool of players to still be involved with. A nice problem to have I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Man .. i can't imagine how that conversation would go ... It's like telling a girl that you are waiting on a hotter date to commit and if she doesn't, then you will take her.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Man .. i can't imagine how that conversation would go ... It's like telling a girl that you are waiting on a hotter date to commit and if she doesn't, then you will take her.
                        No doubt a bit of a delicate balancing act involved but obviously 3G has been doing it a long time.

Here is an article that discusses this although it is about football. But look at all the "offers" WSU made this year to fill 6 openings. It appears the initial offers are contingent upon both a commitment from the athlete and acceptance by the school (the term non-commitable offer was used in the article). So an the initial offer is really mostly an expression of interest. The player wanting to commit is an offer to the school to convert the initial offer to a real offer if that commitment is accepted. But it is not like WSU is doing anything that everyone is is not doing. It's just the way the game is played.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 10, 2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

you can actually make that work

Comment

This Shocker recruiting class we already have verbals on brims with a bright outlook and our coaching staff is never satisfied and will continue to recruit angry for the best of the best we can sign. Lomax is a key and I sure like all the remaining recruits we are zeroing in on including KJ and company. Shocks02, have you heard if Mr. Chaney is still coming in for a visit? Now he is really a quality player that would be difficult to pass up period.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              This Shocker recruiting class we already have verbals on brims with a bright outlook and our coaching staff is never satisfied and will continue to recruit angry for the best of the best we can sign. Lomax is a key and I sure like all the remaining recruits we are zeroing in on including KJ and company. Shocks02, have you heard if Mr. Chaney is still coming in for a visit? Now he is really a quality player that would be difficult to pass up period.
                              I haven't heard anything yet. My guess would be no. However, if you try to do the roster math, it's not easy.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                you can actually make that work
                                Never tried but I know I would have been the one with no date.

Comment

Working...
                                X