No announcement yet.

Alex Lomax 5'11 4* PG 2018 to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this has been brought up in this thread, if so it's been a bit. I watched the Penny Saved doc on ESPN a couple days ago. Another Penny Hardaway doc that told the story of his friendship with Desmond Merriweather, the Memphis East coach and Penny's childhood friend who was responsible for bringing Penny back into youth basketball in the Memphis area. Really touching story. A-Lo gets mentioned and some air-time as a big part of the program. Just thought I'd bring this up as we await word on this great young player/man's decision, and hope that we can all understand his choice when it is made. It's gotta be tough for him to leave Memphis, and the fact that we are considered the frontrunners in his recruitment just shows how impressed he is with the Shocker program and HCGM. I'm glad he's taking his time to decide. Hope he joins the Shocker family

Comment

• Best of luck on where ever he goes... Just make sure to cut once, measure twice

Comment

• ALo is a point guard. At the end of the day, if you want to see where point guards excel, it’s not even a contest. Hope he sees it the same way.

Comment

• C'mon Alex, C'mon BayBaaay!!!

Comment

• Clearly not above groveling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss1786 View Post

My opinion is that he is trying to decide between us and Ole Miss. The conflict is between going with one of the top rated programs that will be the best for his future or play for a team close to home in a conference he admired growing up. The "breather" comment may be the polite way to say "I am no longer interested" to the other programs.

We are very much in the mix.
              This is my assessment as well. I really believe the young man liked what he saw and experienced during his visit to Wichita. He's very measured with his comments and is good at "hedging" which is a good trait for a very young person to exhibit. He's got a lot of suitors and it's important for him to not burn any bridges at this point. Regardless of his decision, he will end up in a program that best suits his needs and he really can't go wrong with any of the three programs he mentioned in the interview. Of course, we're all a bit biased here and believe the best program for him is Wichita State, but we should be patient, I think we'll hear some good news at some point on this front.

Comment

• I like this pizza place in Germantown.

Comment

• I saw A-lo retweeted a CJ Keyser dunk tonight. Well at least we know he's still got Wu on his mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                    I saw A-lo retweeted a CJ Keyser dunk tonight. Well at least we know he's still got Wu on his mind.
                    Link (if possible)?

Comment

• Comment

• Ugh. I can't remember how to embed twitter post.

Comment

• Comment

• Man this kid is at the TOP of my wish list!!!

Comment

• Bump. Can’t believe he fell off the front page. Still crickets?

Comment

• The more distance since his ole miss visit the better I feel. I'm always more concerned that the emotion of visiting will cause them to commit quickly. Kudos to this kid for taking his time to carefully weigh his options.
                                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                                X