Alex Lomax 5'11 4* PG 2018 to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    Wasn't Bill Self at some event in Springfield a few years back when he went to talk to a recruit after a game in a recruiting period that did not allow such...even telling the recruit, "I probably shouldn't be talking to you right now?"
    Bill Who ????

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
      JQH has a couple of really high profile HS Tourneys every year. The Tournament of Champions usually has some big time High School players in it. John Wall was here a few years ago.
      One of the few times John Wall set foot on a college campus.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
        Bill Who ????
        Sorry. I was referring to Rug Boy who got his backside handed to him in the Battle of Omaha. Does that clarify it a bit for you?
        78-65

Comment

Eric Bossi loves Lomax: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....classic-sunday

Lomax said that Florida, Ole Miss, Memphis, Wichita State, Vanderbilt and Missouri are the main schools in the mix. Bossi's description reminds me of a certain Shocker that gradudated not that long ago. You have to think if this kid wants to win as much as they say he does, it's going to come down to Florida and WSU.
          Last edited by shocks02; July 24, 2017, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Alex goes in-depth about his top schools: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....natural-leader

Comment

Florida is the school most likely to get him

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                Florida is the school most likely to get him
                We got on him late so I'm sure that the others have a head start. I like this kid. From what you can tell from an interview, he sounds like a kid who is mature and able to communicate well. I'm hesitant to read too much into an interview, and what Bossi said yesterday, but he does seem to be a little like Fred. There's still time to catch up, I would think if he is our priority and the coaching staff are sold.

I think that we have so little information, that we aren't in the position to accurately evaluate our recruits. We know that ranking service stars aren't always accurate, and there is so much more to recruiting than just talent. Some posters on here try to do too much reading the "tea leaves" and fortune telling instead of letting the coaches play it out.

However, that is part of the fun of keeping up on recruiting. Fortunately, we have several strong candidates for Point, and probably even a couple that we don't know about. We would have never (the coaches either) thought of Landry as a Point Guard recruit, and he has so many point guard qualities, why didn't anyone see it then?

Comment

If Wichita State can wait, I like their chances. I think Michael DeVoe could end up at Florida. What does Lomax do after that?

Comment

I also don't think that Landry will be around for two years (maybe not one) so I think that we should (maybe we are) be recruiting the Point Guard from Eastern Florida. Talented juco players aren't always predictable, character wise, but he certainly a talented player.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                      If Wichita State can wait, I like their chances. I think Michael DeVoe could end up at Florida. What does Lomax do after that?
                      You're right. There are a lot of recruits saying they'll wait until after the fall signing period to commit but once the dominoes start falling they will begin to realize they could miss out on their top school or two. Also, most people would tell you that Memphis is the favorite to land Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        ...We would have never (the coaches either) thought of Landry as a Point Guard recruit, and he has so many point guard qualities, why didn't anyone see it then?
                        The very first report from summer pickup games, before Shamet's first year included the observations that shamet could play PG, that he had great court vision and passing skillos. That observation ws not posted on this board.

When reports of that assessment were made on this board they were disregarded because most here were certain that Frankamp would be the PG.

Frankamp was ahead of Shamet in the learning curve for playing the position, so at the first of the year, Shamet played SG. Once Shamet got the system ingrained in his play, Marshall pulled the trigger and made him the PG.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          The very first report from summer pickup games, before Shamet's first year included the observations that shamet could play PG, that he had great court vision and passing skillos. That observation ws not posted on this board.

When reports of that assessment were made on this board they were disregarded because most here were certain that Frankamp would be the PG.

Frankamp was ahead of Shamet in the learning curve for playing the position, so at the first of the year, Shamet played SG. Once Shamet got the system ingrained in his play, Marshall pulled the trigger and made him the PG.
                          Not only did this move have a very positive impact on our Shocks, the PG position may be LS best bet some day when he plays at the next level. Even so, I like how so many of our players can man at least two different positions on the floor. This increases our versatility as a team. If Austin needs a Season to mend his shoulder, SJ, CJ, and Zach Brown may also need to play some 2 to give the sharpshooter CF some rest. Then MM can play some more 3 and Kelly and Willis can play the 4. I keep hearing that AM can really pass the rock along with defending our rim and positive feedback that Nurger is improving, looking stronger, and is working very hard this summer. Thus, Shaq should have some solid back up of eager Shocks wanting and earning playing time. A concern recently of one of the experts was whether the 'Shaq of Gibraltar' will have ample assistance inside. My early answer to that concern is "yes, and even more so than last Season."

Through the years, it has not been quirky to see Seniors save the best for last. Players continue to develop and improve under the Marshall Plan. Since we have 6 such experienced Seniors, this gives me a rush of hoping that will be floating to the point of blowing off the roof with fan elation at 21st and Hillside not to mention disappointing our foes everywhere we play. Could this be still another epic Season to remember and point back to as Shocker History marches on? Stay tuned because the black and yellow curtains will unfold for 'new beginnings' that we have been longing for which includes a tougher schedule and the AAC.

Last but not least, since our Shocks seem to have the interest and attention of more premier recruits than ever before, it is always possible that we will sign up to 2 quality point guards by the end of this coming Season depending on obvious factors that are still unclear. 3G has a specialty and a focus of finding awesome point guards better than advertized and AL is one such solid recruit in the mix IMO.
                          Last edited by forevershockerfan; July 25, 2017, 11:26 AM.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I remember Gregg, himself, early on proclaiming that Landry's position was going to be the two guard, and may play a little point guard. Now maybe he was saying it because he wanted Landry to be able to grow (after a year off from injury) into his position with less stress (too much responsibility handling the ball and a new position), or maybe he didn't think at that time that Landry was the point guard (skill wise) we needed. He didn't say. I took it to say that his reason was the second one, but I now think that #1 may have been what he meant. Whichever his reasoning, Coach closed it, early on saying the PG race was between Daishon and Conner.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              I remember Gregg, himself, early on proclaiming that Landry's position was going to be the two guard, and may play a little point guard. Now maybe he was saying it because he wanted Landry to be able to grow (after a year off from injury) into his position with less stress (too much responsibility handling the ball and a new position), or maybe he didn't think at that time that Landry was the point guard (skill wise) we needed. He didn't say. I took it to say that his reason was the second one, but I now think that #1 may have been what he meant. Whichever his reasoning, Coach closed it, early on saying the PG race was between Daishon and Conner.
                              I think this is true as is @Aargh:'s assessment. The thing is that fans love to it players in the position of where they would be in the NBA; I.e. Z Brown at the 2, Kelly at the 3. That rarely happens.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Bossi continues the love by naming Alex as the point guard on his "All-Second Live Period Team."

In this week's Bossi's Best, national analyst Eric Bossi presents his All-Second Live Period team.
                                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                                X