Rodgerick Brown 6'7 F 2017 to New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
    Funny how this guy's height seems to flucuate. Regardless, I'm with Cdizzle, I think he has the potential to quickly replace Z Brown.

As for the 2018 or 2017 debate, imagine if he ends up being a 2018 signee and we STILL have the 2017 schollie to give? Would we look to the 6'9" shot blocker who popped up in the last couple of weeks?
    Sign best available and stick one of them at Sunrise if needed ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      R. Kelly 2.0? (I am Captain of the R. Kelly bandwagon, so I mean this as a good thing).
      R. Kelly is what I thought of when I watched the videos. He plays now how R. Kelly is trying to play (more inside-out, run court, handle the ball, etc.). He's more a banger/shot blocker than Zach Brown, maybe a mix of those two guys.

Comment

• At 6'6", I'd expect him to be a SF, not a PF. I also tend to go with the lower heights when there are a bunch of different ones listed.

I'd guess that until he completes his work by the end of July, he's "officially" a 2018. When he says it's going to be big for him to be able to watch the Seniors, I think he's pretty confident he's going to reclassify.

About that redshirt...I think we're going to start running into recruits who can bump existing players for PT. If R. Brown and be the primary backup for Z. Brown by December, or could be projected to be that player by January, he'll play. I think he could project that way.

If there's any spot in the 2-deep roster that could use a little help, it would be the backup at SF.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I'm assuming Rod would probably play the same position as CJ? If so, would we expect him to play more min than CJ this coming year if he's eligible and doesn't redshirt?

If he really is 19 years old (or will be at some point this year), then yeah, he might not want to redshirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
            I'm assuming Rod would probably play the same position as CJ? If so, would we expect him to play more min than CJ this coming year if he's eligible and doesn't redshirt?

If he really is 19 years old (or will be at some point this year), then yeah, he might not want to redshirt.
            I would think Rod is more of a 3/4 and CJ more of a 2/3. You have to remember Rodgerick doesn't really shoot the 3-ball. In 12 AAU games he shot one three so I doubt he'll be playing any shooting guard in the near future.

Comment

• I couldn't see him as anything other than Z. Brown's replacement. And it'll be a good one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                About that redshirt...I think we're going to start running into recruits who can bump existing players for PT.
                This^

We're talking a solid 3* with ESPN giving the kid 4 stars. That's not someone you park at Sunrise.

Comment

• For those looking for recent highlights, here you are:

After a big loss of their BIG to Murray State, Jalen Dupree, Rod and Tyler look to make up the slack with their performance!

Cordova's Rod Brown goes up to POSTERIZE off an EXQUISITE pass from Blake Williams Jr.

The forward for Cordova has a VERY unique game and is demanding respect down low in the paint. #5 Rodgerick Brown highlight tape.

Last edited by shocks02; June 19, 2017, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• He runs the floor! Surprised no one has commented on his speed for that size.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
                      He runs the floor! Surprised no one has commented on his speed for that size.
                      According to his HS BB coach, he did a 90-minute leg workout in the weight room and followed that up with a 55 second quarter mile. Then followed that up with a 57-second quarter concluded by a sprint down the back stretch.

Work ethic, motor, and motivation seem to be just the normal way to do things for R. Brown. Seems to have no problem at all dribbling while sprinting down the court, and he's definitely got a SPRINT!
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                        I would think Rod is more of a 3/4 and CJ more of a 2/3. You have to remember Rodgerick doesn't really shoot the 3-ball. In 12 AAU games he shot one three so I doubt he'll be playing any shooting guard in the near future.
                        Even though he only took one three, he seems to have a nice shot. So I could see him increasing his range to the three-point line.

Comment

• that guy is really cut up. looks pretty strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            Even though he only took one three, he seems to have a nice shot. So I could see him increasing his range to the three-point line.
                            It's certainly possible over time -- I can remember when X was a danger to the rim and glass as a freshman, and he eventually developed a nice mid-range game (and beyond that in the pros). He even learned to shoot FTs (70+% in the NBA). So there's definitely room for hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              According to his HS BB coach, he did a 90-minute leg workout in the weight room and followed that up with a 55 second quarter mile. Then followed that up with a 57-second quarter concluded by a sprint down the back stretch.
                              And he failed to mention he was running those laps backwards while dribbling a basketball between his legs.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 19, 2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                Thought Rod showed some class and maturity thanking all the Coaches who had reccuited him.

Comment

Working...
                                X