No announcement yet.

Rodgerick Brown 6'7 F 2017 to New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has all the makings of another great Shocker! Welcome aboard Mr. Brown!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• At 6'6 or 6'7 he is probably a SF, BUT if he could just grow to 6'8 and
      add ten more pounds of muscle he would sure be a nice looking PF.
      Wonder if he can play with his back to the basket? All in all, looks
      like a nice addition. Should be able to bang inside and also quick
      enough to guard the perimeter. I like what I've seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Thought Rod showed some class and maturity thanking all the Coaches who had reccuited him.
        You are so right!!! 😎😎😎
        SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
        gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          At 6'6 or 6'7 he is probably a SF, BUT if he could just grow to 6'8 and
          add ten more pounds of muscle he would sure be a nice looking PF.
          Wonder if he can play with his back to the basket? All in all, looks
          like a nice addition. Should be able to bang inside and also quick
          enough to guard the perimeter. I like what I've seen.
          I can't remember where but I saw somewhere that he talked about being 210 by next year (he may already be) gaining from his reported 202 lbs. I think he'll be at least 225 before he's done. He already plays well with his back to the basket and he will increase his range fairly quickly. However, the speech from Coach Marshall will be "if you want to get on the court and play for the Shockers, you need to play defense and rebound first".

He reminds me so much of Kelly right now because he has toughness, he runs well, has good handles, plays good defense, he can guard all positions, and is tough (will go get loose balls). His perimeter shooting is more like Kelly than Brown.

Comment

• Also listed as 3*, # 212 by 247sports and 4* #95 by future150. Averaged 20 and 12 in high school and had 27 double-doubles in 31 games.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Where is mini hawk to weigh in on this guy.

Comment

• Seems to be able to hit the mid range jumper. Give him some more time in the gym, and I bet that catch and shoot 3 ball will be serviceable.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

• his high school coach, terrance scales, was just on 1240 am.

said: brown came into high school, 9th grade, with a ready made body. very strong already then. always plays in 5th gear- highly active motor. 'not a clown or hot dog at all, very serious about it (think tekele cotton). enjoyed the family atmosphere on his visit. they consider gregg marshall one of the 2 or 3 best coaches in the country. one of the best teams in memphis big school basketball for years running, 83-12 record, something like that.

'might want to go back and look at his highlight videos again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Where is mini hawk to weigh in on this guy.
                    Nothing new to add. Things I notice: finishes with left hand (better than Gordon '19), speed (faster than Kelly), plays to protect his shot (Kelly), very little post work.

I think he will be a serviceable 3 (without a decent shot), and a good 4 (depending on his post development).

If I were forced to compare it's a trade between Kelly and Gordon. I wonder how HCGM plays against a zone D. Because I see this kid in the middle of zones on his highlight. I don't recall seeing us try to feed the middle during zones, IIRC. Also, will add that the vertical is not a problem. He jumps to get 2 points, nothing more.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                      I don't recall seeing us try to feed the middle during zones.
                      Do you even watch WSU?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• We have plenty of outside shooters. Landry and Markis may or may not be here. Austin and Samajae will. We are currentlt recruiting shooters such as Tyler Harris, TJ Moss, Miller Kopp, and others too.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                          Nothing new to add. Things I notice: finishes with left hand (better than Gordon '19), speed (faster than Kelly), plays to protect his shot (Kelly), very little post work.

I think he will be a serviceable 3 (without a decent shot), and a good 4 (depending on his post development).

If I were forced to compare it's a trade between Kelly and Gordon. I wonder how HCGM plays against a zone D. Because I see this kid in the middle of zones on his highlight. I don't recall seeing us try to feed the middle during zones, IIRC. Also, will add that the vertical is not a problem. He jumps to get 2 points, nothing more.
                          Uh we carved up ISUR with a middle to the point they had to switch defenses. We can do it with one post or two.

Trust me when I say that it is a big part of our zone offense.

Comment

• Dear Mr. Brown,

I thank you for the best decision you have ever made.

I look forward to your first breakaway throwdown vs. Bethune Cookman or Duke, whichever comes first.

If you want to make it a 360, well I'm down with that too.

Regards from the best fans in the universe.
                            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                            - said no one ever...

Comment

• The recruits are getting bigger and taller

Comment

• good
                                Last edited by pogo; June 20, 2017, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X