No announcement yet.

Rodgerick Brown 6'7 F 2017 to New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only place we have any inkling of a depth concern is at guard. If AR can play, he will not redshirt. His minutes may be limited but he will give it a try. The bad thing is that all it will take is a moment in time and an unfortunately bad landing for either of his shoulders to dislocate. There is no way he has been able to build his strength to overcome a bad landing. Hopefully, he doesn't land on it in a damaging way. I expect him and the team to risk it and try.

We will not have a depth concern in Rodgerick's case or at Center. That doesn't mean anyone will redshirt but the chances of it are better for RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      I hope we redshirt no one. You never know when a scarcely used player might just give you a couple extremely valuable minutes in an NCAA tournament game. National championship or bust.
      This. All hands on deck this year. Too good to watch from the sidelines. Plus, we will need some game experience to replace seniors and any potential NBA picks. The AAC still has Memphis, Tulane, USF and ECU. Don't have the schedule but at least 4 opportunities for the bench to stretch their legs. Not like we have to play Cincinnati 16 times straight.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        The only place we have any inkling of a depth concern is at guard. If AR can play, he will not redshirt. His minutes may be limited but he will give it a try. The bad thing is that all it will take is a moment in time and an unfortunately bad landing for either of his shoulders to dislocate. There is no way he has been able to build his strength to overcome a bad landing. Hopefully, he doesn't land on it in a damaging way. I expect him and the team to risk it and try.

We will not have a depth concern in Rodgerick's case or at Center. That doesn't mean anyone will redshirt but the chances of it are better for RB.
        I just hope AR has been living off Joe Weider Weight Gain shakes for the past 12 months. Lifting or not, AR could stand to pack on some pounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
          I agree, I would love to redshirt AR, and think we would be fine with SHJ taking DS minutes and the 10 a game AR played being split among CF, LS, and CJ. I don't think it will end up happening but it would be ultimately for the best.
          Has Samajae handled his business academically?
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            I just hope AR has been living off Joe Weider Weight Gain shakes for the past 12 months. Lifting or not, AR could stand to pack on some pounds.
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              Has Samajae handled his business academically?
              I haven't seen anything since the article two weeks ago, but given Marshall's confidence then I assume it will be wrapped up shortly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Looks like he has taken your advice but for some reason 3G wasn't very happy about it:

Comment

• 90-10 we redshirt one, 60-40 we redshirt two

Comment

If we are needing to dig into players 12 or 13 on our roster in a tournament run things have gone pretty disastrously. Also I would point out the opposite has come back to burn us much more than the scenario of redshirting someone and needing them has. Lets not forget Gregg REALLY wanted to redshirt Stutz his freshman year, but lack of depth prevented it. I sure like the scenario of Stutz on that Final Four team and standing under the basket wide open against Louisville rather than Orupke. Would you have rather had Shaq as a freshman the undefeated season(a season with legitimate national title hopes) when he would have gotten garbage minutes or this year? I certainly think we made the right call.
                    If we had a national championship from Stutz's freshman year then I'm perfectly fine with him not using the redshirt. Let's not compare national championship aspirations to aspirations of having a winning season. If we redshirt Reaves, how deep are we at the 1/2 spot? 3 people? You really don't have to come up with a disaster scenario to get to #4.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      If we had a national championship from Stutz's freshman year then I'm perfectly fine with him not using the redshirt. Let's not compare national championship aspirations to aspirations of having a winning season. If we redshirt Reaves, how deep are we at the 1/2 spot? 3 people? You really don't have to come up with a disaster scenario to get to #4.
                      And if we hit the disaster you play him. Why forgo the potential of the 5th year? Again we had this exact situation with Shaq 4 years ago, and we correctly chose to redshirt him.

Comment

And if we hit the disaster you play him. Why forgo the potential of the 5th year? Again we had this exact situation with Shaq 4 years ago, and we correctly chose to redshirt him.
                        What if you hit the 'disaster' in game 30? Does the player still want to forgo the redshirt? Not incredibly fair to him at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          What if you hit the 'disaster' in game 30? Does the player still want to forgo the redshirt? Not incredibly fair to him at that point.
                          For AM or RB should they be redshirting, they probably should stay redshirting that late, if we've gotten to the point we need them we probably have punted the season due to injuries anyways, due to how far down the depth chart they would be(4th or 5th at all positions unless they are INCREDIBLY special). Austin's case is a tough one both for that scenario and overall redshirt. I think the decision for Austin comes down to two questions: first is Austin's contributions over a likely 10 minutes per game at most a significant upgrade over LS/CF/SHJ/CJ sharing those minutes, that it is worth going for it this year at the cost of 3 years from now? This is the hard question, it's very close. Second which has a higher probability of being likely with Austin's current physical state, he gets hurt and misses significant time, or someone else does and we need him to play? Definitely the former.

Comment

For AM or RB should they be redshirting, they probably should stay redshirting that late, if we've gotten to the point we need them we probably have punted the season due to injuries anyways, due to how far down the depth chart they would be(4th or 5th at all positions unless they are INCREDIBLY special).
                            And if they are incredibly special they won't be redshirting anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              And if they are incredibly special they won't be redshirting anyway.
                              Agreed. And for emphasis if for some reason we do feel the need to pull it in that scenario, it's not like they would have much if any relevant ON COURT minutes anyways had they played, were are talking less than 300 minutes for the entire season that haven't basically accounted for from last year. And 90%+ of those are garbage time walk-on minutes.

Comment

Austin's case is a tough one both for that scenario and overall redshirt. I think the decision for Austin comes down to two questions: first is Austin's contributions over a likely 10 minutes per game at most a significant upgrade over LS/CF/SHJ/CJ sharing those minutes, that it is worth going for it this year at the cost of 3 years from now? This is the hard question, it's very close. Second which has a higher probability of being likely with Austin's current physical state, he gets hurt and misses significant time, or someone else does and we need him to play? Definitely the former.
                                A 3rd question and perhaps the most important based on 3G's public comments is what does Austin want to do. I believe 3G said he would not force a player to redshirt if he does not want to. Either way 3G will no doubt express his opinion very clearly on whether he thinks a redshirt is good idea for any particular player.

Comment

Working...
                                X