Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will happen with the last 2017 scholarship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Come on, AZ -- the proper SN question is, "But can he hit a D-1 curve ball?" Get with the program!
    Haha I should've known...but judging from that video...it wouldn't surprise me. Kid is quite athletic!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Carry on the speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        Carry on the speculation.
        Is this in reference to the Poor Bear thread?

Comment

• I believe monster is suggesting that Chandler might conceivably not be the last addition, in which case there will be the ever-popular speculation as to how to stay under the 13 limit; what will happen with Chandler; etc., etc., ad infinitum.

Nothing that happens should be a surprise, and Marshall and staff will have a plan no matter what. They always do.

Comment

• Now that we know for sure that Poor Bear is going to Sunrise next season, looks like he'll count for one of the 2018 scholarships. So the question still remains. Who will we get for the 2017 season?

Comment

• Once LS took over at point and CF moved to the two guard I think the
              team chemistry changed dramatically for the better and we ended the
              season playing our best ball. I think it is important that we don't mess
              with it too much. We might add a talented player that could actually be
              counter productive if he can't blend in well. I think that is the issue with
              DW. Talented player who wanted to do too much on his own offensively.
              Hopefully, he will be more like MM this next season. Bottom line, if they
              add a talented player I certainly hope it is one that can blend in quickly.
              What I'd really like is a rim protector and for AR to be 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                Once LS took over at point and CF moved to the two guard I think the
                team chemistry changed dramatically for the better and we ended the
                season playing our best ball. I think it is important that we don't mess
                with it too much. We might add a talented player that could actually be
                counter productive if he can't blend in well. I think that is the issue with
                DW. Talented player who wanted to do too much on his own offensively.
                Hopefully, he will be more like MM this next season. Bottom line, if they
                add a talented player I certainly hope it is one that can blend in quickly.
                What I'd really like is a rim protector and for AR to be 100%.
                Forgot about AR. Man I hope he contributes next year... And CJ!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                  Now that we know for sure that Poor Bear is going to Sunrise next season, looks like he'll count for one of the 2018 scholarships. So the question still remains. Who will we get for the 2017 season?
                  Am I the only one who thinks we should get a forward? If McDuff goes pro after next season, we'll have no returning players at either forward position.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    Am I the only one who thinks we should get a forward? If McDuff goes pro after next season, we'll have no returning players at either forward position.
                    We need some forwards. There's no place for them to play in 17-18, but 80 mpg minus CJs time at the three for 18-19.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      We need some forwards. There's no place for them to play in 17-18, but 80 mpg minus CJs time at the three for 18-19.
                      👍🏼🏀👍🏼
                      SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                      gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                        Not just a foward, but a BIG (baby baby) foward. Honestly speaking they don't call 'em the "big boys" for no reason. Look at how big Gonzaga was this year. They needed that to compete for a Natty.

Assuming Mittgard is not quite ready we still don't have "much" size. Now if Mittgard can contribute 10-15 minutes a game in Feb-Mar, and April, we'll be alright.

Comment

• Not sure where to put this (not even sure I know how to add a link to a tweet) but Coach Lindsted is in Europe doing his recruiting thing!

Also not sure if he's looking at a particular European player or not but if you take a look at the box score he tweeted, you might recognize a familiar name! Someone who had a particularly good game...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                            Not sure where to put this (not even sure I know how to add a link to a tweet) but Coach Lindsted is in Europe doing his recruiting thing!

Also not sure if he's looking at a particular European player or not but if you take a look at the box score he tweeted, you might recognize a familiar name! Someone who had a particularly good game...
                            I love how when WSU players play on international teams, they always end up as the players getting the most minutes ... I wonder why that is ... :)

Comment

• I wish they were streaming these games. AIA streamed all but one of the games Darius played in. They were fun to watch. Some of these players will be seen against the Shockers next year. I have little doubt Brown gets good playing time as hard as he plays and the way he plays defense. There were more turnovers than usual from him but that is quite likely due to unfamiliar teammates.

Comment

• Sully takes a look at what #G is looking for with his last open scholarship.

Comment

Working...
                                X