Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will happen with the last 2017 scholarship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 🌻🌻🌻
    SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
    gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShanShock View Post
      🌻🌻🌻
      Dont know.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• I'm hoping whomever it is they can contribute in Feb. and March.

Comment

• If we happen to find a freshman with a late commit, think the odds are high that he'll redshirt? I'm also wondering if a redshirt would be used on Asbjorn this year. Odds are we won't necessarily need him with Shaq, Rauno, and Darral. And it would be nice to have him for 4 years after they are gone.

Comment

• Somebody used to do a graph/table type thing that would show who was available roster wise the next 4 years.

I think all of us were a little scared about losing all the guys after this year, and certainly we'll lose a ton and there's no promise Markis or Landry will return, but all of a sudden, things are evening out and you are starting to be able to see a team form again after next year:

2018-2019 Roster (potentially)

Seniors: Haynes-Jones, McDuffie

Juniors: Shamet, Keyser, Reaves (maybe)

Sophomores: Mitgaard, Brown (Reaves if he redshirts)

Freshmen: Chandler

That's 8 of 13 filled and a nice even balance....with no screwy years AFTER this huge senior class. That's pretty remarkable. Get a senior transfer, a juco or 2, and a couple freshmen and you're right back where you want to be. Amazing, and yet another example of how damned good our coach is.

Comment

• [QUOTE=WuDrWu;739757]Somebody used to do a graph/table type thing that would show who was available roster wise the next 4 years.

I think all of us were a little scared about losing all the guys after this year, and certainly we'll lose a ton and there's no promise Markis or Landry will return, but all of a sudden, things are evening out and you are starting to be able to see a team form again after next year:

Freshmen: Chandler

That's 8 of 13 filled and a nice even balance....with no screwy years AFTER this huge senior class. That's pretty remarkable. Get a senior transfer, a juco or 2, and a couple freshmen and you're right back where you want to be. Amazing, and yet another example of how damned good our coach is.[/QUOTE

🇺🇸The American 🇺🇸
              SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
              gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• I think the last 2017 scholarship goes to Rodgerick Brown. And I think he'll be a contributor sooner than February.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Somebody used to do a graph/table type thing that would show who was available roster wise the next 4 years.

Freshmen: Chandler, Stevenson

That's 8 of 13 filled and a nice even balance....with no screwy years AFTER this huge senior class. That's pretty remarkable. Get a senior transfer, a juco or 2, and a couple freshmen and you're right back where you want to be. Amazing, and yet another example of how damned good our coach is.
                  Added Stevenson. That said, I will be mighty surprised if both McDuffie and Shamet return for the 18-19 season.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• I said 2 years ago before he played 1 game that I didn't expect Landry to graduate here because he'd be in the league. I was ridiculed by some. I'm willing to double down.

Comment

I said 2 years ago before he played 1 game that I didn't expect Landry to graduate here because he'd be in the league. I was ridiculed by some. I'm willing to double down.
                      He did a couple things in the Tulsa game in 2015-2016 that made me go "Holy cow, have we ever had anyone who can do that?" His stat line was awful (mainly due to some egregious calls), but you could tell he was really talented.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I said 2 years ago before he played 1 game that I didn't expect Landry to graduate here because he'd be in the league. I was ridiculed by some. I'm willing to double down.
                        I don't do anything on Twitter, but somehow I ended up getting feeds from his mother. Before he ever played a game I told her he was going to be a special player here.

Last year was a Marshall indoctrination and training year. They worked on D and rebounding.

This year Marshall has said that part of the game is working, so they're working on offensive skills and ball handling this year. Lst year Shamet spent his learning on D, which is probably why it took him half way through the season to pick up what he needed to know to play PG.

This year Shamet is spending the summer working on his offense and ball handling. I would bet you money (significant amounts) that Shamet is still watching film of VanVleet. I noticed Shamet showing some of VanVleet's moves late in the season last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                          He did a couple things in the Tulsa game in 2015-2016 that made me go "Holy cow, have we ever had anyone who can do that?" His stat line was awful (mainly due to some egregious calls), but you could tell he was really talented.
                          But but but ... he was only a 3 star according ESPN... how is that possible

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            I don't do anything on Twitter, but somehow I ended up getting feeds from his mother. Before he ever played a game I told her he was going to be a special player here.

Last year was a Marshall indoctrination and training year. They worked on D and rebounding.

This year Marshall has said that part of the game is working, so they're working on offensive skills and ball handling this year. Lst year Shamet spent his learning on D, which is probably why it took him half way through the season to pick up what he needed to know to play PG.

This year Shamet is spending the summer working on his offense and ball handling. I would bet you money (significant amounts) that Shamet is still watching film of VanVleet. I noticed Shamet showing some of VanVleet's moves late in the season last year.
                            Van Vleets change of speed moves were on full display versus Kentucky

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              Van Vleets change of speed moves were on full display versus Kentucky
                              A very intelligent, athletic, and coordinated 6'4" guy studying VanVleet's moves could be a pretty fair player.

Comment

• Fred VanVleet is rightfully considered one of the greatest players in program history...

...but Landry is a special talent as well.

What would Landry need to do to pass FVV in the annals of Shocker Basketball history?
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X