Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will happen with the last 2017 scholarship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will happen with the last 2017 scholarship?

Just curious what everyone thinks will happen with the newly opened scholarship. A true freshman? Junior college guy? Transfer? Grad transfer?
    True Freshman
    30.59%
    JuCo
    29.41%
    Transfer (sit a year)
    24.71%
    Grad Transfer (eligible immediately)
    15.29%

It will be interesting to see what happens. I think we're in a good position to where we can take the best thing available rather than go after a specific need. Although I think we probably won't go after a graduate transfer that we'll lose with seven other seniors at the end of the season. I think a freshman is a pretty good possibility like Steffon Mitchell or maybe even a transfer that will have to redshirt a year.

Comment

I don't think Mitchell ever got to the level the coaches were hoping for. I could be wrong.
      Livin the dream

Comment

I hope we don't go the grad transfer route. This is an opportunity to reduce the size of next year's class. A post player, such as a JUCO guy like Juiston or a freshman, would be preferable. If Austin heals up, and with SHJ, we should be fine at guard.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

This is definitely the type of roster we can afford to (and probably should) have a transfer redshirting. Although I can certainly see the argument for going for broke and just grabbing the best available, immediately eligible player to help us get a national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
            I hope we don't go the grad transfer route. This is an opportunity to reduce the size of next year's class. A post player, such as a JUCO guy like Juiston or a freshman, would be preferable. If Austin heals up, and with SHJ, we should be fine at guard.
            Oh man I forgot about Juiston, if Marshall pitches playing with SHJ and a scholly.. man we'd be even scarier.

Comment

I think we find a player to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                I think we find a player to take it.
                Bold. I like it.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I'd like a big man - freshman or JUCO

Comment

Maybe a Clevin Hannah clone.

Comment

Juco or grad transfer. Someone that could play immediately. Grad or Juco big would be nice. We seem to have a nice stable of guards. 6'8" or 6'9" guy that can bang and move would be great. Only needs to score off rebounds, may or may not need glasses...

Edit: all in, splash the pot, Teddy KGB style. Championship or bust next year.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Minutes will be hard to come by next year so I have a difficult time believing it will be a grad transfer. A freshman or transfer (sitting out) big man makes the most sense to me. There's always the possibility they have a juco in mind but, again, there's only 200 minutes to hand out.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          Minutes will be hard to come by next year so I have a difficult time believing it will be a grad transfer. A freshman or transfer (sitting out) big man makes the most sense to me. There's always the possibility they have a juco in mind but, again, there's only 200 minutes to hand out.
                          I think there are 12-15 minutes at the 4 and 5 to be had. Might be appealing for a Junior or Senior that wants a championship.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                            I think there are 12-15 minutes at the 4 and 5 to be had. Might be appealing for a Junior or Senior that wants a championship.
                            Markis, Shaq, Darral, Rashard and Rauno are going to eat up that 80 minutes pretty quickly.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                              Markis, Shaq, Darral, Rashard and Rauno are going to eat up that 80 minutes pretty quickly.
                              You left out someone.

Comment

Working...
                              X