Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will happen with the last 2017 scholarship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the guard from Fla. would be the best available.

Comment

• We have been offering multiple '17 recruits.

I doubt the coaching staff was caught off guard.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

• This is almost too obvious, but right now I'm going to go with "the best available" among

1. Fr post players (they get a development year)
        2. A JuCo post (only get one really useful year out of them, but it's a year they're really needed)
        3. Frenchie

I'd rather see it remain empty than see it filled for the purpose of filling it (ala Tevin Glass).
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
          I imagine that there was no indication he was leaving until Heier left...and then we were down two assistants. The week before that Marshall stated that we were done recruiting 2017, so it is fair to say that Marshall was caught by surprise by this.
          Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
          We have been offering multiple '17 recruits.

I doubt the coaching staff was caught off guard.
          Shave. Count.

Comment

• Who all is still in play for the 2017 skollie that we know about?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Who all is still in play for the 2017 skollie that we know about?
              Those that we know about...

Sylvain Francisco
              Quincy McKnight (Sacred Heart transfer)
              Demarcus Mitchell
              Jahshire Hardnett
              Marek Nelson

Comment

• I believe you omitted Jackmerius Tacktheritrix and Hingle McCringleberry.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I believe you omitted Jackmerius Tacktheritrix and Hingle McCringleberry.
                  McCringleberry reclassified last week. You're slipping Doc.

Comment

• When is the last date to sign a spring LOI?

Comment

When is the last date to sign a spring LOI?
                      April 12 through May 17.

Comment

I gotta admit, I'm surprised that we were not more prepared for Smith's departure.
                        Our britches are reportedly fitting fairly tight these days so they don't fall down easily.
                        They were good and tight when Smith left!

Comment

• It's plausible that we have several offers out that are contingent on grades and are waiting for results.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            I imagine that there was no indication he was leaving until Heier left...and then we were down two assistants. The week before that Marshall stated that we were done recruiting 2017, so it is fair to say that Marshall was caught by surprise by this.
                            I'm not so sure I agree WF. I think it's one of two things: 3G has focused on a few key 2017 eligible players and is awaiting that player's decision; or he's comfortable enough with his squad and has a reasonable expectation that he can land another coveted 2018 stud.

I just have a hard time believing Marshall doesn't have the pulse of his team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                              I'm not so sure I agree WF. I think it's one of two things: 3G has focused on a few key 2017 eligible players and is awaiting that player's decision; or he's comfortable enough with his squad and has a reasonable expectation that he can land another coveted 2018 stud.

I just have a hard time believing Marshall doesn't have the pulse of his team.
                              I have a tough time believing us, or any other big program for that matter, would keep an open scholarship in this day and age. If the player doesn't perform then he transfers and you land the stud player next year anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                                I have a tough time believing us, or any other big program for that matter, would keep an open scholarship in this day and age. If the player doesn't perform then he transfers and you land the stud player next year anyways.
                                no ****

Comment

Working...
                                X