Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will happen with the last 2017 scholarship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
    You and I are likely never to be on the same page about AM. Only next season will prove his skill level. That being said your impression of him certainly goes against his footage. Tal
    Your impression goes against his demonstrated achievements against 6-10, 25 year old, former top 100 players.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Well I don't "know" that he will be good anymore than mini "knows" he will be a project; however he has already demonstrated that he can play against former D-I players that are now paid to play.
      So is it time to call mini-shock a contrarian who thinks he can judge talent (apparently) better than everyone else on this board, or do we just conclude he likes to debate?

I am not a coach, have never been a coach and do not consider myself a scout. But I am smart enough to know I trust HCGM's judgement, which, apparently, mini-shock does not, as based on his comments on Austin Reaves and now Mitgaard.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
        So is it time to call mini-shock a contrarian who thinks he can judge talent (apparently) better than everyone else on this board, or do we just conclude he likes to debate?

I am not a coach, have never been a coach and do not consider myself a scout. But I am smart enough to know I trust HCGM's judgement, which, apparently, mini-shock does not, as based on his comments on Austin Reaves and now Mitgaard.
        He's KC Shox, back from the dead.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post

Didn't intent to debate him. I was merely responding to being quoted. And you bring something up that is worth-while to comment on as well: My trust for HCGM being questioned for making conversation about our players. It's laughable, and a distraction to an otherwise interesting conversation. It makes diggin deeper into anything WSU, like nerds of shockernet do, less fun. Suggesting a different line-up: How dare you question HCGM judgement? Unhappy about being a predicted top 5 program next year and still recruiting forwards who can't post up: How dare you question HCGM judgement? Irritated that we lost a game: Don't question HCGM! Wanna whine about our LAME non-con: How dare you insult HCGM love for Maryland Eastern Shore! Critiquing and commenting on our team, players, fans, coaches seems to always equate to taking a jab at Marshall. Welp, it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            He's KC Shox, back from the dead.
            Hadn't really thought of this; there are some similarities in posting style. I'll let him slide until he starts predicting key player injuries; I think that ultimately got KC Shox the hook!
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Didn't intent to debate him. I was merely responding to being quoted. And you bring something up that is worth-while to comment on as well: My trust for HCGM being questioned for making conversation about our players. It's laughable, and a distraction to an otherwise interesting conversation. It makes diggin deeper into anything WSU, like nerds of shockernet do, less fun. Suggesting a different line-up: How dare you question HCGM judgement? Unhappy about being a predicted top 5 program next year and still recruiting forwards who can't post up: How dare you question HCGM judgement? Irritated that we lost a game: Don't question HCGM! Wanna whine about our LAME non-con: How dare you insult HCGM love for Maryland Eastern Shore! Critiquing and commenting on our team, players, fans, coaches seems to always equate to taking a jab at Marshall. Welp, it isn't.
              When 99% of your post are critical of the team - coach - recruits - schedule - etc. It gets old really fast around here. You are either a troll or a miserable person -

Comment

Unhappy about being a predicted top 5 program next year and still recruiting forwards who can't post up: How dare you question HCGM judgement?
                Or, maybe, the point is that this is a potential Top 5 team next year with those players. So maybe, just maybe, the recruits that have been coming in have fit well within Marshall's system regardless of what you think their shortcomings might be.

Comment

Not all of them contribute immediately, and Coach knows that upfront.

Comment

I guess those of us that thought the replacement was already in hand, were mistook.

Comment

Yup folks, this guy's a troll. See the passive/aggressive nature of his writing at work! And note in his tirade he seems to think he's smarter than our head coach. Pretty funny stuff!

Comment

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Moral of the story. Do not question Coach Marshall.

Also, I had to read that third sentance about ten times before I understood what you were saying. I don't like stumbling over confusing sentence structure.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                            When 99% of your post are critical of the team - coach - recruits - schedule - etc. It gets old really fast around here. You are either a troll or a miserable person -
                            I see your point. I also wonder if the majority of the posts on here being a combination of circle-jerking and accusing everyone of being trolls ever gets old. I guess not. But if the forum can have threads about conference re-alignment, coaching searches, tournament scheduling, then some shockernet folk themselves question the athletic department as well. I love HCGM, but I'm not going to put my 'head in the sand' either.

What gets old faster? 1. A newb asking a question about how assistant coaches bring value. 2. Folk
                            on the recruiting thread hi-jacking questions by saying "Gregg Marshall knows how to count and shaves everyday!"

I mean, yeah, I assume he knows how to count. He shaves every time, probably. But why is that the dick-move response to anyone with a actual question.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                              IMO mini is both a troll and a miserable person; he offers nothing to this board which is why I ignore his posts.

Comment

I see your point. I also wonder if the majority of the posts on here being a combination of circle-jerking and accusing everyone of being trolls ever gets old. I guess not. But if the forum can have threads about conference re-alignment, coaching searches, tournament scheduling, then some shockernet folk themselves question the athletic department as well. I love HCGM, but I'm not going to put my 'head in the sand' either.

What gets old faster? 1. A newb asking a question about how assistant coaches bring value. 2. Folk
                                on the recruiting thread hi-jacking questions by saying "Gregg Marshall knows how to count and shaves everyday!"

I mean, yeah, I assume he knows how to count. He shaves every time, probably. But why is that the dick-move response to anyone with a actual question.
                                Both of those things get old. You are solely responsible for one of those two things.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X