Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will happen with the last 2017 scholarship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
    Depending on your definition of PG, I don't think Reaves fits that bill quite yet. Several times last year we had to call timeouts because he was unable to bring the ball up the mid-court. Not a PG if you can't be trusted to start the offense.

I am in agreemoent with others hoping we get a freshmen.
    Several times? I must have been getting popcorn and refreshing my tequila shots when all this happened.

Comment

I voted transfer that will have to sit a year. Preferably a sophomore, but I'd also like to see us just sign a true freshman. Minutes are already extremely limited anyway, so perhaps if we got a freshman, we could automatically redshirt him. I just don't see a grad transfer or JUCO being able to come in and contribute more than what we already have. I love the team we have, so go get a young guy and stow him away for the future.

Comment

I think we go with another guard for depth. AR and CJ were okay in spot minutes against the MVC, but are still unproven against quality teams and did look lost/overmatched at times. Hoping they show improved handles, but Austin's injury history worries me - would love to see him at 100%. Semajae is just unproven at he D1 level. A solid graduate transfer would be my preference.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
          Several times? I must have been getting popcorn and refreshing my tequila shots when all this happened.
          By the way, I'd take this one:

But this one is my favorite (I'm kinda' old school):

Comment

I'd like to see them at least look at a kid named Nolan Bertain, a
            2* unsigned kid. Looked at some video and he looks like another
            in the mold of a LS/AR. Good ball handler, excellent outside
            shooter, and a high BBIQ according to his recruiting profile. Defense
            could be a question mark but if he has a high BBIQ he probably
            understands.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
              By the way, I'd take this one:

But this one is my favorite (I'm kinda' old school):
              No links...you're killing me...I'm in suspense!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                No links...you're killing me...I'm in suspense!
                No fun pics of blondes or brunettes, just a picture of a good tequila which is moderately priced. Sorry.

But here's a link:

Anejo is normally aged in a cedar barrel. Similar to aging bourbon in an oak barrel. Smooths it out and makes it taste better.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  IMO, we have Haynes-Jones and Reaves as the backup PGs if/when Shamet leaves. I think it will be tough to find a freshman PG that wants to be buried on the bench behind a Jr and 2 Sophs. Any JUCO guy will see that there's not much PT coming next year. It almost has to go to a freshman big or wing.

Do we have Reeves for sure? Maybe. His history of shoulder injuries and the physical play of Div. 1 basketball leave me unconvinced. Because of the unknown, makes a guard to be where we need depth. I would also go with a guard that will be here multiple years. Now if our medical and coaching staffs have complete faith in the long term health of Reeves, then I say a big man is ok.

Comment

I'm hoping for Juiston.
                    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      Do we have Reeves for sure? Maybe. His history of shoulder injuries and the physical play of Div. 1 basketball leave me unconvinced. Because of the unknown, makes a guard to be where we need depth. I would also go with a guard that will be here multiple years. Now if our medical and coaching staffs have complete faith in the long term health of Reeves, then I say a big man is ok.
                      The risk of his shoulder was significant when compared to his minutes. Is he worth having when his shoulder sucks and he only plays for 10 minutes a game? Probably. I feel it won't be significant when his output becomes 15 minutes or even more. If he gets injured at 15minutes per game, then we have gotten good enough out of Reaves scholarship.

Comment

I bet we add both a big and a guard

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          I bet we add both a big and a guard
                          I bet you're half right

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                            I bet you're half right
                            Name the stakes

Comment

Depending on your definition of PG, I don't think Reaves fits that bill quite yet. Several times last year we had to call timeouts because he was unable to bring the ball up the mid-court. Not a PG if you can't be trusted to start the offense.

I am in agreemoent with others hoping we get a freshmen.
                              Postings like this one lead me to ask if you watched the Wichita State Shockers last year or did you watch a Shocker team in a different universe?

Comment

The risk of his shoulder was significant when compared to his minutes. Is he worth having when his shoulder sucks and he only plays for 10 minutes a game? Probably. I feel it won't be significant when his output becomes 15 minutes or even more. If he gets injured at 15minutes per game, then we have gotten good enough out of Reaves scholarship.
                                Yea, like when I bought my Toro zero turn mower 10 years ago. If it goes **** up this year I would have gotten enough out of it to be considered a good buy.

Comment

Working...
                                X