No announcement yet.

2018 Recruiting: All You Need To Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker recruiting discussed in this week's Twitter Tuesday over on Rivals. https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....er-moses-brown

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      Shocker recruiting discussed in this week's Twitter Tuesday over on Rivals. https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....er-moses-brown
      Don't recall hearing much on Vincent Lee.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Updated short-list:

Point Guards
        Alex Lomax (WSU, Memphis - Florida, Vandy, Ole Miss, Mizzou) 8/25
        Isaiah Bujdoso
        Neftali Alvarez (Arkansas St - WSU)

Shooting Guards & Wings
        Keyontae Johnson (WSU - Georgia Tech, Texas Tech, Minnesota)
        Vincent Williams (WSU, VCU, Richmond, Akron, Toledo, Duquesne) 2/3
        Darius Allen [JUCO]
        Ryan Boyce
        Keyshawn Bryant
        Jared Rhoden (WSU, Penn St, Seton Hall, Santa Clara, SLU)
        Michael Barber (Tulane - WSU)

Bigs
        Bryan Penn-Johnson (WSU, Kansas, Washington - Arizona, Kentucky, UCLA)*
        Dimon Carrigan [PREP] (WSU, Miami, Syracuse, Texas, UConn, Houston, Georgia Tech, Clemson)
        Reggie Chaney (WSU, Arkansas, TCU, Texas A&m, Oklahoma St - VCU, Memphis, Ole Miss) 10/14
        Morris Udeze [PREP] (WSU or Butler) 6/15
        Jal Bijiek (WSU, LSU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma)*
        Flo Thamba
        Vincent Lee (WSU, Oklahoma, Iowa St, Va Tech, San Digo St, BYU, TCU, Nevada, Old Dominion)*
        Antun Maricevic [JUCO] (WSU, BYU, Idaho St)
        Andrew Gordon [JUCO] (WSU, West Virginia, Oklahoma, UNLV)*
        Yuat Alok [JUCO] (Louisville, LSU, WSU, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, LSU)*
        Jaime Echenique [JUCO] 9/29
        Rey Idowu [PREP]
        Last edited by shocks02; September 27, 2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Can anyone recall the last time, if ever, we might be facing a coaching carousel in October? Will this cause some recruits to perhaps delay their commitments until the Spring? I'm thinking the latter could be a good be a possiblity? What do you think @shocks02:? Anyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Can anyone recall the last time, if ever, we might be facing a coaching carousel in October? Will this cause some recruits to perhaps delay their commitments until the Spring? I'm thinking the latter could be a good be a possiblity? What do you think @shocks02:? Anyone else?
            I don't think so, because no top-shelf recruit is going to be seriously looking at Louisville (or Auburn, Oklahoma St, Arizona, USC) with the question marks at both of those institution(s) going forward.

Comment

Can anyone recall the last time, if ever, we might be facing a coaching carousel in October? Will this cause some recruits to perhaps delay their commitments until the Spring? I'm thinking the latter could be a good be a possiblity? What do you think @shocks02? Anyone else?
              I've always wondered why recruits don't wait until spring to sign. I mean, I know it is a relief to make a decision and get that out of way...but with the way the coaching carousel works, waiting until the spring would allow a recruit to avoid the potentially dreaded task of asking out of the letter of intent. It's not like there are NO offers available in the spring.
              78-65

Comment

I don't think so, because no top-shelf recruit is going to be seriously looking at Louisville (or Auburn, Oklahoma St, Arizona, USC) with the question marks at both of those institution(s) going forward.
                The OSU guy committed his crimes while at South Carolina, yes?

Comment

That's just it isn't it? If the status of the head coaches at those schools is in question (and at Louisville that question appears to have been partiallly answered) would that not cause a concern about who might leave another program to fill those openings if they occur. Maybe especiallly a program with a coach whose name seems to crop up everytime there is an opening at a prominent Big 5 program. In any case, a potential coaching carousel this time of the year is quite unusual. Maybe Pitino will be the only victim among head coaches but maybe we won't be the only victim either.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Both according to the report.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      He started at South Carolina and continued at OSU.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                        I've always wondered why recruits don't wait until spring to sign. I mean, I know it is a relief to make a decision and get that out of way...but with the way the coaching carousel works, waiting until the spring would allow a recruit to avoid the potentially dreaded task of asking out of the letter of intent. It's not like there are NO offers available in the spring.
                        Spots can be filled by others. If you know it's the right fit. Why wait and risk someone else taking your scholarship. Plus allows them to start planning and building relationships with team members.

Asking out of a LOI is pretty straight forward if that coach leaves.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          It's not like there are NO offers available in the spring.
                          This is true but if you are say a Erik Stevenson or a Isaiah Chandler the offer at a school you really like may not be available. If you are a Top 100 player most likely just about anyone will make room for you. And, of course, the current scandal no doubt involves only the highest rated prospects.

I read an article a while back that made the case that more and more of the top rated recruits are waiting. However, part of that is to see where there might be openings with guys opting out early for the NBA or other pro opportunities.

Comment

That's just it isn't it? If the status of the head coaches at those schools is in question (and at Louisville that question appears to have been partiallly answered) would that not cause a concern about who might leave another program to fill those openings if they occur. Maybe especiallly a program with a coach whose name seems to crop up everytime there is an opening at a prominent Big 5 program. In any case, a potential coaching carousel this time of the year is quite unusual. Maybe Pitino will be the only victim among head coaches but maybe we won't be the only victim either.
                            Well, Gotlubed threw out HCGM's name today for Louisville as the best choice. Not worried. Don't believe Gregg wants any part of a rebuild, even if it might be a fairly quick one, along with the tarnish that may take even longer to repair.

I think Gotlubed hates WSU fans so much he's trying to sandbag us.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              Well, Gotlubed threw out HCGM's name today for Louisville as the best choice. Not worried. Don't believe Gregg wants any part of a rebuild, even if it might be a fairly quick one, along with the tarnish that may take even longer to repair.

I think Gotlubed hates WSU fans so much he's trying to sandbag us.
                              If it wasn't Goatlube throwing his name out someone else would. Goatlube sure seems enamored with 3G which seems a bit odd since he doesn't seem to have much respect the quality of the Shocker men's basketball program as a whole.

Comment

• I think Jared Rhoden and Lomax are next, hopefully Udeze's commitment will shed a bit more of the spotlight on us and jumpstart some more verbals for '18

Comment

Working...
                                X