DeAntoni Gordon 6'8 F 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he can shoot, he plays.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• If your listening DG : First, you will have to understand your role and the system. Secondly, you will need to
      play defense and I mean GOOD defense - THAT will be your pathway to the hardwood on our team. Play one
      on one with Dennis and Allen as much as you can. It will make you, them and the team better. Third, take the
      ball to the paint/rim aggressively and THEN work on your perimeter shot. Playing AAC ball will be so much
      tougher which means getting bigger, stronger and tougher yourself. You will learn that just as soon as fall
      practice begins. You can't control your heigth but at least 210 lbs please. Hope you gain an inch and see you
      at 6'9" 215 this fall with a bit of a mean streak ( basketball court only ):yahoo:

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        I will add this: Get to campus as quick as possible after school is out to start summer school and workouts.

• shoxlax
        shoxlax commented
        Editing a comment
        He has a great frame, Kerry will have him in the 225-230 range before you know it.

• This kid will be good sooner or later! Kind of a cross between Cle and Markis, but with handles...not quite as good of a shooter.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• No doubt already posted, but https://youtu.be/XH1SVWJ0oLo.

And this kid will be FUN to have here for two years!

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
          No doubt already posted, but https://youtu.be/XH1SVWJ0oLo.

He will be FUN to have here for 4 years, not 2.

Comment

• Shockadaisical
            Shockadaisical commented
            Editing a comment
            You never know for sure, but the odds of him leaving after two years to go pro aren't great. Only two rounds of a draft, means he would realistically need to be projected as a definite first round pick to want to jump into the draft. Otherwise all the guaranteed money is out the window and your having to compete against league veterans for a spot. More power to him if he reaches a sure thing 1st round pick early, just saying the odds are better that he won't.

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

He will be FUN to have here for 4 years, not 2.
          I hope he is here for 4, but at the level we have to recruit to compete in this league we will have to accept that more of our players will not be here that long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I hope he is here for 4, but at the level we have to recruit to compete in this league we will have to accept that more of our players will not be here that long.
            I ask this with absolutely no knowledge about an answer...but, how many AAC freshmen or sophomores have left for the NBA in the past few years? Do we really need to have players of that caliber to compete?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

He will be here at least 3 and perhaps 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
                No doubt already posted, but https://youtu.be/XH1SVWJ0oLo.

Though a little skinny, he is way thicker than McDuffie was as a freshmen. A full summer in the weight room under kerry will add at least 10 to his frame. My guess is he will be 215ish

Comment

• Shockm
                  Shockm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe he should have been a higher rated recruit but Duff was quite a bit higher. That may mean nothing but usually high rated recruits are more prepared to play immediately, and have played higher rated opposition. This seasoning usually means something.

• Dan
                  Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kinda like how Dexter Dennis, the zero star recruit, was less prepared than our higher rated guys like Rod Brown?

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post

I ask this with absolutely no knowledge about an answer...but, how many AAC freshmen or sophomores have left for the NBA in the past few years? Do we really need to have players of that caliber to compete?
                Shamet comes to mind...

Comment

• Did you know Dan that Dexter spent a post graduate (prep) fifth year at Believe Academy? He was being recruited by WSU, KSU, and Xavier after his fifth year. In 2017, Dexter was All State and rated 20th in Louisiana. He was being recruited by Nichols State, and a couple of other low major teams at that time. Ratings aren’t everything but was he ready immediately out of high school or did he receive extra seasoning at Believe that prepared him for WSU.

Duff played on a Top ranked New Jersey St. Anthony’s HS. He didn’t average very many points (Mid double figures if I recall) but he was All State in the largest class in New Jersey. Duff graduated as a 17 year old and was rated by at least one source as a Top 100 recruit. Dexter is probably 19 or 20 now.

We we will find out if DeAntoni is ready immediately but he is a fine talent. You mentioned Rod and he was probably higher rated than he should have been. Rod B is a great athlete with tremendous strength but he is only 6’6 and his shooting and ball handling skills are less than you would want for a 3 man or stretch forward.
                  Last edited by Shockm; March 28, 2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow! 1917? :)

• Shockm
                    Shockm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks WstateU

• wufan
                    wufan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are correct about age. McDuffie turned 22 in September. Dennis turned 20 in February.

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post

Time will tell on the caliber of players needed. I think to be in the top 2 or 3 of this league every year we will need some players that declare early. If we are content to follow the Northern Iowa plan of building to a championship level every 3 or 4 years then probably no.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He will be here at least 3 and perhaps 4.
                    No one has idea how long this particular player will be in college at this point. It remains to be seen how fast he can adapt to the college game. I am curios Shockm, how long do you think DD will be in the program and how long did you think Shammet would be here when he arrived on campus?

After his Freshman year I didn't think there was any way Shammet would be here 4 years.

Comment

• Shockm
                      Shockm commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Shamet was here 3 years. No No one knows for sure, but I think Dexter will be here at least 3 years.

• Topshock
                      Topshock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would guess 2 and probably 3.

• Dexter is poised for a breakout year

Comment

• asiseeit
                      asiseeit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I fully expect him to average 12-14 ppg shooting 45% overall and 38 or better from 3
                      Also expect ES will perform much better offensively averaging close to the same numbers
                      Expect our centers will average 20 and 10 with good shooting %, rebounding and blocks
                      Expect TA to average double figures also giving us good very balanced scoring in all
                      Question is - are there any other pleasant surprises coming to add to this mix? TE, DG ?
                      Just want JB to run the team, take care of the ball, dish, and play outstanding D

• moshock
                      moshock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      IMHO - JB had better become a threat to score or will be watching a lot. Our offense would run so much smoother if JB was a threat to score from the 3 point line.

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                    We have several experienced players who can play more than one position next year. The difficult thing for Freshman is for them to learn more than one position because both offensively and defensively, each position is a little different and we run more than one defense and offense. A good example of someone who reportedly struggled learning and mastering multiple positions, etc. (one position even) include PB. However, more experienced players like ES (2 and 3), TA(3,4), JB (1,3), and DD can learn two positions.

The good thing that we will have is competition for every position, and then GM has the options to substitute players out when they aren't properly and consistently carrying out their assignments. This year, especially early, it would be a constant in and out if he would sub players after they screwed up even several times.

Comment

Working...
                    X