DeAntoni Gordon 6'8 F 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Etienne at PG, Gordon at the 4, Udeze at the 5, and Burton, Stevenson, and Dennis at the wings. That could be a pretty salty lineup.
    Don’t forget Allen and Fernandes. I do believe Etienne is more likely to be a 2, but could certainly be wrong.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Aargh
      Aargh commented
      Editing a comment
      My fault. I keep recalling Etienne as a pure PG, when he seems to be, at best, a combo. The last true PG on a WSU roster was FVV, - and that goes all the way back to FVV's Fr Year.

I did forget Allen. I was thinking of what I'm seeing this year.

• Fernandes looks good but he's awfully slim. I wish some of these smaller framed guys would opt for the redshirt year to put on some muscle.

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      nm
      Last edited by WstateU; November 29, 2018, 02:40 PM. Reason: I’m a dumbass... definitely not a narcissist.

• TheShocktocles
      TheShocktocles commented
      Editing a comment
      I certainly understand your position Dan. However we need Fernandez because he is a true pont guard. Noah needs to get here in the summer and put on some weight and strength.
      Last edited by TheShocktocles; December 25, 2018, 10:06 AM.

• Comment

• I’m excited about this guy. He’s got all the skills we look for from a stretch 4.

Comment

• Comment

• Aargh
          Aargh commented
          Editing a comment
          I had to replay that a few times to make sure I had it right, but when he says he didn't take up basketball until 6th or 7th grade, he also said, "I've played football my whole life".

I like guys who've played football. They're used to getting and giving some serious body contact. They don't shy away from physical play because they see it as normal.

• Sounds like he has a great work ethic. That will go far with Coach.

Comment

• One recent Shocker who was a Momma's boy has done very well.

Comment

• Kid averaged 21 points and 9.5 rebounds this year! Really excited to see what Gregg and the staff do with his development.

Comment

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              Reminds me of McDuffie with more explosiveness

• Aargh
              Aargh commented
              Editing a comment
              Former football players don't tend to shoot as many fall-away jumpers.

• I agree. But he dribbles the ball better than McDuffie too.

Comment

• pinstripers
              pinstripers commented
              Editing a comment
              so do I

• He has a huge opportunity in front of him. McDuffies 35 mpg are walking out the door and we have no clear leader to take the minutes. I know everyone is excited about Etienne, but IMO Gordon will have a bigger impact on next years team. We have a plethora of guards with experience, so Tyson will be able to develope behind some experienced players. Gordon could be playing 25+ mpg from day 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
              He has a huge opportunity in front of him. McDuffies 35 mpg are walking out the door and we have no clear leader to take the minutes. I know everyone is excited about Etienne, but IMO Gordon will have a bigger impact on next years team. We have a plethora of guards with experience, so Tyson will be able to develope behind some experienced players. Gordon could be playing 25+ mpg from day 1.
              We need another option at the 4 so Gordon doesn't have to play 25+ minutes. Go shave Gregg.

Comment

• Dan
                Dan commented
                Editing a comment
                I think Teddy can play 3 or 4

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                I anticipate that Allen will be next year's starter at PF, AAC. Small(ish) but mighty.

• It was neat that we got a very early verbal (Soph?) from DG and he stuck with us despite prolly being courted by who knows who. I like the coast to coast play, spin move, and finish. Yes, his work ethic will pay off and we all know our Staff develops players. Looking for DG to be in our rotation from jump street and being a effective contributor. Coach Marshall is rebuilding his squad to the 9-10 quality depth where our bench outscores most benches. We used to out-rebound teams with the best of them hope to see that again. We are adding some shooters and scorers. Iowa had some hot shooting in the 2nd half verses Cinn. today and beat them.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I had started a thread regarding Teddy as to whether he would be a better 3 or 4. By a large margin, most felt he'd be a 4. That would put DD at the 3 and ES and Ty at the 2. JB and Noah (possibly RT) covering the 1. This thread seems to indicate that Gordon will need help at the 4 and I thought Gordon (and IPBC) would be helping Teddy. We also seem to be in the hunt for another 2, 3, or 4. This could get real interesting.

Comment

• We have several experienced players who can play more than one position next year. The difficult thing for Freshman is for them to learn more than one position because both offensively and defensively, each position is a little different and we run more than one defense and offense. A good example of someone who reportedly struggled learning and mastering multiple positions, etc. (one position even) include PB. However, more experienced players like ES (2 and 3), TA(3,4), JB (1,3), and DD can learn two positions.

The good thing that we will have is competition for every position, and then GM has the options to substitute players out when they aren't properly and consistently carrying out their assignments. This year, especially early, it would be a constant in and out if he would sub players after they screwed up even several times.

Comment

• Ideally, we don’t start any freshmen, but if we did start one, I’d rather it be Gordon at the 4, which means we have Burton/Dennis/Allen at 1-3. That would be a big and experienced starting lineup.

Comment

• bunck
                      bunck commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think that if any freshman are good enough to earn a starting spot during a more regular season, like next year should be, that is ideal as hell.

• homegrownshocker
                      homegrownshocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Best player should always play. I have always been been high on his potential. Has a real opportunity to be a key contributor if he learns the system (that is more complicated than most) and meets the other demands of the program.
                  Working...
                  X