No announcement yet.

DeAntoni Gordon 6'8 F 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon has spent the last year working on his handles and shooting. He's eager to get into WSU's weight room in June. It seems that until this year, he was considered weak on handles and shooting from any distance. I know it's a highlight video, but he's done well working with his weak areas.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Based on the pictures in Taylor's item, it should be interesting to see what Gordon's official height is when the team's roster appears next year. I'd say that right now he has at least a couple of inches of hair on top of his head, so is he 6-8 counting the hair, or is he 6-8 with the hair smashed down?

• I'm really excited to see how this young man does for us. He committed really early and clearly Gregg was okay with that early commitment, which tells me he really will be something special. Or at least really, really good. The question is, can he put 30 pounds on his frame before the season starts? I would expect he gets at least 20 more pounds once Kerry gets a hold of him.

Comment

• Seems to have all the vitals of E. Hamilton.

Just sayin'.

Comment

• Bluzrover
        Bluzrover commented
        Editing a comment
        Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        #ShockingButFalse

• ShockingButTrue
        ShockingButTrue commented
        Editing a comment
        ... let's hope.

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      Seems to have all the vitals of E. Hamilton.

Just sayin'.
      Hamilton couldn’t handle the ball.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Well if this team can get some confidence from last year and stay in the gym. They should make the tournament. Wouldnt be surprise if we won the confrence

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

At all. And, he couldn't shoot, at all. This isn't a a legitimate comparison, at all...

Comment

• Seems coach always makes guys cut their hair once they arrive on campus for some reason...but I'm guessing he's still a legit 6'-8" from videos and stuff.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I know. But a lot of -ahem- posters on this board were comparing Hamilton to Cle, remember?

Ball handling and vitals (height, weight, length, etc.) are two different things. This kid could stand about 25 more lbs. Looks like a red-shirt to me. He picked the right coach.

Although I did recently read Hamilton's current playing weight is 250 (6'9"). Kid has been hittin' the protein shakes for sure.
              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 7, 2019, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• There's a lot of genetics in body structure. Some guys don't put on much weight regardless of how much they hit the weights and how they handle their diet. Rob Kampman comes to mind. He was working with Rosenboom hard, but could never put much weight on. His weight is listed at 180. that was probably accurate last October or possibly earlier. Depending on his growth pattern, he could show up 5 or 10 poinds heavier just from physical maturity.

Expecting anyone to put on 10 pounds between June and October is probably going to result in disappointment. When guys hit weights really harde they tend to lose some weight before they start to gain.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  Seems coach always makes guys cut their hair once they arrive on campus for some reason...but I'm guessing he's still a legit 6'-8" from videos and stuff.
                  Name two guys he made cut their hair.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I do remembering him talking about suggesting that AM get a haircut when he first arrived on campus.

My guess is that he has suggested getting a trim to a few players over the years but it seems like it probably isn't mandatory.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

There was this guy but it pissed him off and he transferred to KU where Bill Self convinced him he would be very valuable in filling a big hole Self was trying to fill.

Comment

• McDuffie came in thin and left thin. This guy is more Cle Early than Eric Hamilton. Only comparison to Hamilton is the height.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                          ShockingButTrue commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The consensus by many was the Hamilton was the next Cle remember? Hope this kid is, but he needs to put on some weight first. He doesn't appear to be much bigger than Chance Moore does he?

• 1972Shocker
                          1972Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Markis gained 33 pounds in his Shocker career going from 185 lbs as a freshman to 218 lbs as a senior. He did add quite a bit of muscle to his upper body. However, his lower body was and remains very thin.

3G didn't make him, but definitely one of the more famous haircuts!

Carl+Hall+Cleanthony+Early+Arizona+Wildcats+Hbskj-qcywwl.jpg

Comment

Yeah, he's specifically said that if they have the hair while he's recruiting them, they can keep it, they just can't get wild with their hair if they came in with a more traditional haircut.
                          There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

Working...
                          X