No announcement yet.

DeAntoni Gordon 6'8 F 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy isn't going to play inside. 2 or a 3. Holy cow how things change in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
      Isaac Brown trying to pull some Southern Magic!
      What was it they used to say about E.F. Hutton........

Comment

Originally posted by UnrelatedComment
        I never had good luck with Zoeller sump pumps. It always seems like the switch goes out!

It cracks me up when I hear someone say, "good pump but the switch is terrible". I've heard that a million times. Well guess what, IMO if the switch is terrible, so does is pump, because the end result, is still a flood. I think the cycle, or float differential is way too short, on the most popular one I think it's the 53? but I'm not 100% sure) which causes the already POS switch to cycle more often than normal, thus shortening its life span. In fact, I can't remember ever replacing a Zoeller, that wasn't the switch problem.
        I've always been a Wayne man. Top suction, so if you puke in your sump after a bender you don't have to skim it out with a coffee cup, just raise the float and pump it out.

Meanwhile, Gordon looks impressive.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          This guy isn't going to play inside. 2 or a 3. Holy cow how things change in a week.
          I don't often say this but I disagree. :)

If an opposing team tries to guard him with a 6'4 180 guard, he will take his 6'9 220 lb. frame, post them up down low, and throw up a jump hook for 2. He looks at his young age to be a player who can hurt you in so many ways.

Comment

This kid has potential to play all 5 positions If he grows a little more

Comment

Could the OP change the title to include "Committed to WSU"?
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

This guy isn't going to play inside. 2 or a 3.
                Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                I don't often say this but I disagree. :)

If an opposing team tries to guard him with a 6'4 180 guard, he will take his 6'9 220 lb. frame, post them up down low, and throw up a jump hook for 2. He looks at his young age to be a player who can hurt you in so many ways.

I disagree as well. I'd like to know your reasoning for suggesting he would be a guard. We are looking at a youngster who has a back-to-the-basket game in the middle of his High School Career. I critiqued the holes in our new 7 footers game (AM), and I am unbelievably more excited for this fella. All the basics that AM lacks, this guy has. The jump, the second jump, moving with the ball, footwork in the post, the post-feed catch, Ee, Ii, Ee Ii Ooo! If my roots to Wichita are allowed without offending hardened Anti-KU shockers, this guy's post game reminds me of Perry Ellis. PE had one move, and great footwork. In comparison, Gordon can catch the ball in the paint and go right into his right-handed jump hook. While he is still in High School, he will continue to develop his post game.

To your point WuDrWu, this kid does state "I like to have the ball in my hands" referring to fast breaks. He clearly has fair dribbling skills, and good driving/finishing technique(better than Zach Brown in my opinion). I wish I could compare him to MM and give your idea of him at the 3 more light. Unfortunately, MM had excellent and advanced driving/finishing techniques that MM doesn't have. You can say the same for the rest of our guards as well. Gordon presents with a post up game that MM doesn't have. That is ultimately why I believe, despite him having a decent handle and good driving technique(right hand only), Gordon will best serve us as a developing Big Man.

In addition the video 02 posted (Thank you 02), there is this vimeo vid:
                https://vimeo.com/136468550 - To me this really highlights his disuse of his left hand. He awkwardly finishes with his right hand on the left side of the basket in the early clips. Then yet again he reverses with his left hand one time on this film. So something to work on, and not a red flag. Fingers crossed someone in his current coaching staff performs Constraint-Induced Movement Therapy on this guy to force him to use his left hand.The teams he was playing against started to catch onto his game. You'll notice weak side defenders turning around to swipe at the ball when he goes into his right hook motion, albeit unsuccessful.

This guy is gonna be good if and when he shows up to WSU. Woowoo!

Comment

I really wasn't disagreeing. I think that he can play on the perimeter and inside too. Why did Magic Johnson play the point? He also played inside when the match ups called for it. He can also guard multiple positions in addition to his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    Why did Magic Johnson play the point?.
                    Because that is what he was best at. Yes, HCM uses matchups. I was referring to 1,2,3,4,5 positions. Obviously we've seen Nurger shoot threes, and Shaq go off the dribble. But that ain't their game.

Comment

I think he will be 3/4 like McDuffie.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                        This guy is gonna be good if and when he shows up to WSU. Woowoo!

Agree with most of this. If he hopes to be a perimeter player he has 2 years to prove his work ethic by seriously doing hours of cone drills. I saw nothing that showed me he's a better ball-handler than Zach. Now good face up post moves? Hell yeah. He'll be 6'9 1/2" by the time he gets here. Bigs Baby!!!

Buck Williams only used his right hand, from the exact same angles :barbershop_quartet_ In the videos he showed he can be effective on the left block. He's got the aptitude, it appears.
                        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; April 13, 2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

He looks like a power forward that can handle the ball in transition at this point. Perhaps he will develop an outside game over the next couple of years, but even if he doesn't he should be a quality big guy for us.
                          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            Agree with most of this. If he hopes to be a perimeter player he has 2 years to prove his work ethic by seriously doing hours of cone drills. I saw nothing that showed me he's a better ball-handler than Zach.

Buck Williams only used his right hand, from the exact same angles :barbershop_quartet_ In the videos he showed he can be effective on the left block. He's got the aptitude, it appears.
                            I meant Gordon has better finishing/driving at the rim at Zach Brown. Putting Gordon the perimeter right now will result in good steal ratios for the rest of the AAC. Personally, the idea of addressing guard skills for hours end and out will take away from improving on skill sets required for how he will be used at WSU. Look at MM High Shcool highlights, you will see crazy good half-court driving finishes. Gordon, post moves.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Love the jump hook. One of the best way to get your shot off in the paint. Also noticed that the majority of the shots he blocked stayed in play which I really like. So many guys just try to see how far up into the stands they can send a rejection.
                              I love that, too. In high school during the 80s, we didn't get credited for a blocked shot unless it directly resulted in a change of possession. Kids today and their lower standards! ;)

What was it they used to say about E.F. Hutton........
                              When Isaac Brown talks, recruits listen!

Comment

The slinky-ness of McDuffie, the post moves of Willis... looks promising. Would like to see if he has a mid-range jumper, three pointer, etc...

edit... nm.... watched the back end of the video.... me likey...
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X