No announcement yet.

DeAntoni Gordon 6'8 F 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the statements lack insight. Someone compared this young man's capabilities with Zach Brown's ball handling abilities. That is crazy. Of course he probably doesn't have those skills. He is 15-16!years old and Zach is 21-22 years old. What are you thinking? Of course he doesn't meet those standards yet. He's a Sophomore in High School. Give him a break, step back and watch him develop.

Comment

When I look at where the coaching staff is recruiting a player I look to see who's scholarship they're likely expected to fill. The 2019 class should be pretty straight forward with McDuffie, SHJ and probably one more due to attrition. No way the coaching staff is committing a guy for the "attrition spot" because they haven't even landed anyone for 2018 yet. In my eyes he's expected to fill MM's role which is currently mostly at the 4 and some at the 3. I'm not saying he's the same type of player as McDuff because he's not but we're going to need bigger boys to battle down low against the bigger schools in the AAC and beyond.

Just my take.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        Some of the statements lack insight. Someone compared this young man's capabilities with Zach Brown's ball handling abilities. That is crazy. Of course he probably doesn't have those skills. He is 15-16!years old and Zach is 21-22 years old. What are you thinking? Of course he doesn't meet those standards yet. He's a Sophomore in High School. Give him a break, step back and watch him develop.
        I don't believing anyone was degrading anyone's abilities as much as we were measuring them as it pertains to what position he fits best. With that being said Age doesn't reflect ability nearly as much as experience. I think you meant experience - which is why we are all excited and discussing ridiculous things like dribbling ability and right jump hooks.

Comment

Hopefully, UK doesn't offer coach Brown an assistant's job....
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Looks terrific and I really like the way he handles the ball dribbling to the basket with speed and under control.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              we're going to need bigger boys to battle down low against the bigger schools.
              That's pretty much all you needed to say.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Hands off...Coach Jans. He's ours now.

Comment

Just judging from highlights, looks like DeAntoni is off to a good start in the Nike EYBL. His Alabama Fusion team is 2-0 and Coach K was checking out their game this morning. https://twitter.com/AlabamaFusion/st...87071075692546

Bucket by DeAntoni https://twitter.com/AlabamaFusion/st...89616800116736

Dunk https://twitter.com/AlabamaFusion/st...89686048075776

Comment

Reminds me some of Markis but already sturdier and stronger looking than Markis was as a freshman.

Comment

Wonder what kind of range he has on that jumper, seems to work mostly around the basket

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                        Wonder what kind of range he has on that jumper, seems to work mostly around the basket
                        That is not surprising for a 15-16 year old 6'8" kid who is probably still growing. He would probably a 5* if he was 6'8 and a perimeter half court player (shooter) at 6'8. Most can't even run and get their feet straight. What makes him an emerging big man is that he can run, handle the ball well, and laterally move as good as he does at 15-16 years of age.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          That is not surprising for a 15-16 year old 6'8" kid who is probably still growing. He would probably a 5* if he was 6'8 and a perimeter half court player (shooter) at 6'8. Most can't even run and get their feet straight. What makes him an emerging big man is that he can run, handle the ball well, and laterally move as good as he does at 15-16 years of age.
                          YES!

Comment

https://youtu.be/Pxo7YnsfgC8

And now the outside shot starting to emerge.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                              https://youtu.be/Pxo7YnsfgC8

And now the outside shot starting to emerge.
                              Do we really have to wait 2 years for this kid?
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

2019. DAMN
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X