X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, let's keep this on-topic.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
      In his season opener Simms-Edwards scores 33 and his team beats Noel Johnson and Fayette County, Georgia, 88-74.
      He also handed out 7 assists that game going 11-12 from the field. He scored 19 pts and had 7 assists in the TOC final. He played with his left hand heavily wrapped all weekend, but still was the primary ballhandler for his team.

Van Coleman expects that he will see lots of high major interest this coming season.

Comment

I think that the Cardinal fan is Bob Lutz.

Comment

Assuming we get edwards wouldn't you move kj to SG so you can run out kj and edwards??

Comment

Originally posted by shocker856
            Assuming we get edwards wouldn't you move kj to SG so you can run out kj and edwards??
            KJ's shot is not developed enough to play SG, or so that's the scouting report I've read on him.

Comment

Simms-Edwards has been listed as a SG and would be much more likely to play there than KJ.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

where would toure play then???????????

Comment

Originally posted by shocker0624
                  Wherever he wanted to.

Comment

And that is why I'd be surprised if there is mutual interest. We're pretty loaded at the guard position and if I were Simms-Edwards I wouldn't want to walk into a situation where I was going to be fighting for PT for 2-3 years.

Now, I suppose if the staff thinks he's obviously better than Toure or KJ I could understand it. But that seems like s stretch to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      And that is why I'd be surprised if there is mutual interest. We're pretty loaded at the guard position and if I were Simms-Edwards I wouldn't want to walk into a situation where I was going to be fighting for PT for 2-3 years.

Now, I suppose if the staff thinks he's obviously better than Toure or KJ I could understand it. But that seems like s stretch to me.
                      I have to disagree. He likes Coach and the system here, and I believe he is a high major talent, as does quite a few people. If he decides to come here, we welcome him, possibly running 3 guards when the time comes (Murry, Manigault, and DSE).

He will be a very good player wherever he ends up.

Comment

I think Coach has already stated that he really wants a Small Forward to use on our last Schollie for next year.
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                          I think Coach has already stated that he really wants a Small Forward to use on our last Schollie for next year.
                          I believe coach has said we could use a SF for next year, and believe we have offers out to several. But Toure at a long 6'4, and KJ at a long 6'4 could guard most teams SF, and create mismatch on other end.

One think I can say Coach has said repeatedly...We will get the best players we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                            We will get the best players we can.
                            :yes:
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

As we get stronger and deeper...Red Shirts will become more likely. :yes:

Comment

I know we dont like to use stars, however, when yoy say he is higher rated that KJ and Tore dont get it. He is only listed as a 2 star recruit

Comment

Working...
                                X