No announcement yet.

Dyricus Simms-Edwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay up to date with all the DePaul Blue Demons sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

WeAreDePaul.com's evaluation of Simms-Edwards from the Hensley Memorial:

"Simms-Edwards did a great job getting to the lane and finding cutting teammates for easy baskets. He also occasionally took it upon himself to finish with some nice moves around the basket. I don't know why he didn't try to finish more himself but after awhile defenses caught on to his passes and cut off his ability. I'd like to see him as more of an aggressive scorer when needed."

From what I've seen on the net he can also hit the long jumper pretty darn good. He's rated very high in Illinois, something like 11th or 12th. He could have Big Ten interest before long as his AAU team is said to have that style of play and he's having a good Spring so far. There might be a couple of point guards from up there who are arguably better, but he's pretty good. I'm amazed that Bradley hasn't already offered.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Simms-Edwards made an impression at the Richwoods Shootout:

Comment

Halfway or more down in the above article is information on Simms-Edwards' recruitment. We have been concentrating on Manigualt as a future Shocker point guard, but remember we offered Dyricus way before KT. He is a good one as evidenced by his selection to the Reebok All-American Camp which begins Sunday in Philadelphia. He was one of the 80 players selected to the camp. The other 70 or so earned their way through try out camps. He will be competing against the best in the nation.

We are very much in the picture for Dyricus. Take a look at the article.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
          http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x2113791637/Macker-tourney-appears-to-have-fouled-out

Halfway or more down in the above article is information on Simms-Edwards' recruitment. We have been concentrating on Manigualt as a future Shocker point guard, but remember we offered Dyricus way before KT. He is a good one as evidenced by his selection to the Reebok All-American Camp which begins Sunday in Philadelphia. He was one of the 80 players selected to the camp. The other 70 or so earned their way through try out camps. He will be competing against the best in the nation.

We are very much in the picture for Dyricus. Take a look at the article.
          He sounds like he has skills. GM may need to find a spot
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

If we get him, I suggest we call him Dy-S-E or Dyse (Dice-E) for short.

Comment

Breaking news on Simms-Edwards. He will miss the evaluation period due to a stress fracture.

In the fast lane

Comment

"breaking news"................??

Comment

As in info just out, not bone broken.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

He's highlighted in this article for the TC Summer Classic.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

My thought was the author needs to keep up with injury reports.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Maybe I should have recalled the first post on this page. I saw the last one saying it wasn't a break and just assumed it was minor and he was over whatever injury. I guess I'm slacking when it comes to keeping up with the recruits. I'll punish myself for that later.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Nothing wrong with your post Sub. However, the article's writer should receive 20 lashes.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Update on Dyricus. It looks like we are still in the picture.

This website is for sale! mouthpiecesports.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, mouthpiecesports.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

I believe he is a point guard that's so good we would take him if we still have a spot available if and when he decides to be a Shocker. However, IMO he is waiting for more offers before deciding and more than likely will pick up several.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

do we really need another pg

Comment

Working...
                                X