No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson 6'4" CG 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lomax and Stevenson are going to be fun to watch with/behind Shamet and Reaves next season.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Set a ton of Tourney records ... including breaking Michael Porter's record for points. He still has 1 game to go.

Comment

• Erik wrapped up his career today with a win and 4th place finish in the state tourney. Great quotes here about his ability and makeup.

“He did his thing and I am speechless about what this kid is capable of,” Thomas said. “Hopefully the world will know who he is — quickly.

“He will not ever back down from competition. He will continue to improve. His career is just starting.”

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• If there’s ever been a prototype HCGM player, ES might be the one.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• wichshock65
            wichshock65 commented
            Editing a comment
            This kid is my favorite coming in next year. I LOVE HIS ATTITUDE!

• Comment

• Has anyone seen his tournament shooting %?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
              Has anyone seen his tournament shooting %?
              Just under 50% from the field (43/88) and 36% from three-point range (13/36) despite, one would imagine, some serious attention. I'm almost more excited about his 15 steals (or 13 depending on the source) during the 4-game tournament. That's an area we've really lacked in this season, with McDuffie dropping from a team-leading 42 steals last year to only 9 this season, and SHJ not coming close to producing steals at the rate that Daishon did (6 to 35).

As a team, we're down from 6.5 steals per game to 4.6.
              Last edited by Wuzee; March 5, 2018, 05:09 PM.
              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Dan
                Dan commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree, we need some serious help in this department going forward

• Another great article on Erik

http://www.theolympian.com/sports/hi...203861334.html

Adjectives used to describe him in this article: Nasty, ornery, savage, relentless, fiery, electric, intense, tough, cold-blooded, brash.

Play angry, young man; Play angry.
              Last edited by Wuzee; March 7, 2018, 09:16 AM.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• I predict he will be our version of Grayson Allen

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                  I predict he will be our version of Grayson Allen
                  With or without the tripping?
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• I like him. He's like a Ron Baker with the swagger of a Marshall Henderson.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• We got ourselves a STUD!!! That young man is going to be a lot of fun to watch grow in Black n' Yellow!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Back on page one it was mentioned that he expected to grow to 6'7 or more. If that happens he could play the
                        small forward position giving us AL at point, maybe even LS, and AR on one wing and ES on the other. All
                        great ball handlers, great shooters and high BBIQ's. Now, imagine if one of the others coming in happens to be
                        even better. Then, we have MM at the stretch four. SM has been fantastic this year but I believe it was GM on
                        one of his shows that said AM was giving all SM wanted in practices. I think there is a good possibility that AM
                        surprises on the upside nest season. A lot of people will say it will be a rebuilding year but I think we compete for
                        second place and dance again. I would NOT be surprised to see ES start at small forward next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          Back on page one it was mentioned that he expected to grow to 6'7 or more. If that happens he could play the
                          small forward position giving us AL at point, maybe even LS, and AR on one wing and ES on the other. All
                          great ball handlers, great shooters and high BBIQ's. Now, imagine if one of the others coming in happens to be
                          even better. Then, we have MM at the stretch four. SM has been fantastic this year but I believe it was GM on
                          one of his shows that said AM was giving all SM wanted in practices. I think there is a good possibility that AM
                          surprises on the upside nest season. A lot of people will say it will be a rebuilding year but I think we compete for
                          second place and dance again. I would NOT be surprised to see ES start at small forward next season.
                          Erik's Dad is 6'10" and apparently had a late growth spurt when he was 18-19. Doesn't mean Erik will grow any more but its certainly possible.
                          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                            http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...203937484.html

I like him. He's like a Ron Baker with the swagger of a Marshall Henderson.
                            Ron Baker had a swagger where he backed down from no one from Day 1. We don't need a Marshall Henderson swagger Imo..That guy was trouble.

Comment

Working...
                            X