Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    I think he said it was Donnie that was going
    That’s probably right, I wasn’t listening intently.

Comment

• How cool is that! Having one of your future college coaches coming to check you out and spend some time with you at one of your high school games! Classy!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Gregg did say that he was the one going to see Erik.

Comment

• Maybe Erik has a teammate (or an opponent) worth taking a look at on the trip. Marshall can't do any recruiting right now, but he can sure go take a look at a commit.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Great story on Erik and AAU teammate (and future AAC rival) Emmitt Matthews.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              Great story on Erik and AAU teammate (and future AAC rival) Emmitt Matthews.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports...189266839.html
              Of interest to me in the article is that they don't think Erik is done growing. His dad is 6'10" and grew 8" AFTER he graduated high school.
              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• 60% of articles about recruits say the kid is going to grow another 5 inches cause some relative was tall.

I'm still waiting to see it actually happen.

For the record, I don't think it's needed, and sometimes not even desirable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Maybe Erik has a teammate (or an opponent) worth taking a look at on the trip. Marshall can't do any recruiting right now, but he can sure go take a look at a commit.
                  That is not accurate. December 2017 is a full, unrestricted recruiting period except for Decenber 24th, 25th and 26th which is a dead period.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...r_20170619.pdf

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the correction. I didn't think there was a December recruiting period.

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pretty much from Post-Labor Day until the end of March is mostly full recruiting time. Of course, as a practical matter once full practices start most coaching staffs are pretty busy with other things until the end of March. There are actually more restrictions on recruiting between April Fool's Day and Labor Day.

• Stevenson scores 28 with 3G in the stands....

Comment

• wichshock65
                    wichshock65 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    With such a fantastic incoming class, I'm particularly excited about this kid. Won't lose attitude and truly exemplifies the play angry mantra. Reminds me so much of Ron.

• Stickboy46
                    Stickboy46 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm really the most excited about Erik also ... I don't know what it is, but he just seems way better than the rankings around him.

• Damnnnnn
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Erik moves from 187 to 152 in the lastest 247 rankings

Comment

• shocks02
                      shocks02 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Am I reading that right? Looks like he was #152 and is now #187?

• Few more tweet highlights from last night

Comment

• Stickboy46
                      Stickboy46 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Only thing I don't like ... he missed a wide open player in the lane in the 2nd video.

• AndShock
                      AndShock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe that’s their Orukpe.

• I like this kid a lot, and another young man that was built to play for Coach Marshall, but that's not exactly Memphis East competition.

Comment

• SN has made comparisons of Erik S. with R. Baker. Baker was already good when he got here but redshirted. Not thinking RB did much Camp competition and ES has done that lots and done it well. So ES may have a head start on RB to start with. Even so, Baker improved so much from his redshirt Season and left here and was then NBA bound. We will see how Erik does but this we do know. At WSU under the Marshall Plan with his solid work ethic,, he will develop into an even a more improved player than he is now. I am excited about the potential of ES in our System who appears to be another ideal prototype Shocker for our bright future.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Shockm
                        Shockm commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This isn't monumental but just a tidbit of information. Actually, Gregg Marshall told Erik S. that he would be similar to Ron Baker at WSU. Erik liked that comparison and talked about it when he committed the following week.

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm not sure what other sports Erik plays if any but Ron for sure was a multi-sport athlete as he played football, basketball and baseball and played then all well from what I understand. Erik may be a bit ahead or Ron coming out of high school if his focus has been mostly or exclusively basketball.

Obviously we will be very happy with Erik if he ends up being a Ron Baker-like player.

• Stevenson scored 31 last night but Timberline lost their first game of the season to North Thurston, 58-63. http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports...190132999.html

Comment

Working...
                      X