Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....leads-the-pack

Recruitment: Offers from Butler, Colorado, Florida Gulf Coast, DePaul, Tulsa and others.
    His day: Capable of playing the one or the two, Lathon was athletic to the rim and did a good job of controlling tempo. He was at his best headed down hill but showed some confidence in his jumper too.
    Quotable: "I would say Butler, Oklahoma, Colorado, Florida Gulf Coast and maybe Wichita State are coming at me the hardest."
    Prediction: Lathon wants to see who else jumps in this spring, but Butler is doing very well at this juncture.

Not sure what to make of the maybe, but WSU still has yet to offer at this point. Also check out Sunrise 2020 prospect N'Faly Dante at the bottom of the link. You're telling me he's 15?
    The "maybe" is in reference to an offer. He hasn't received an offer yet, but he really wants to be here. I ran into him at last year's shocker madness and we talked for a while before I even knew who he was. Dude sounds like a great guy and he's real enthusiastic about the program. He is class of 2018.

Comment

Narrowed his list to 5; Northwestern, Illinois, Butler, Wake Forest and Iowa State.

Comment

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....leads-the-pack

Recruitment: Offers from Butler, Colorado, Florida Gulf Coast, DePaul, Tulsa and others.
        His day: Capable of playing the one or the two, Lathon was athletic to the rim and did a good job of controlling tempo. He was at his best headed down hill but showed some confidence in his jumper too.
        Quotable: "I would say Butler, Oklahoma, Colorado, Florida Gulf Coast and maybe Wichita State are coming at me the hardest."
        Prediction: Lathon wants to see who else jumps in this spring, but Butler is doing very well at this juncture.

Not sure what to make of the maybe, but WSU still has yet to offer at this point. Also check out Sunrise 2020 prospect N'Faly Dante at the bottom of the link. You're telling me he's 15?
        That 15 year old is the real deal

Comment

Jordan has committed to Northwestern.

Comment

I would imagine that this guy told us he was no longer interested, but this is an interesting event. This late, he may even end up at Sunrise Academy. I don't know if there would be mutual interest then or not.

Jordan Lathon, a major reason why Northwestern’s 2018 basketball recruiting class was considered its best ever, will not attend the university. The 6-foot-4 guard from Grandview, Mo., had his…

Comment

Transferring from UTEP. Taylor added him to his recruiting board recently.

Stats: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../jordan-lathon

Comment

Transferring from UTEP. Taylor added him to his recruiting board recently.

Stats: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../jordan-lathon
                Stockpiling guards I see. If he was 6-8 or bigger I would be excited.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Stockpiling guards I see. If he was 6-8 or bigger I would be excited.
                  Might be looking for a 3rd point guard, If they really like this kid at the point perhaps coming in and sitting out a year or even redshirting for a year of he transfer rules change and learning behind Sr. Gilbert and Jr. Porter would be a bad deal. He would join Bilau, Jenkins and Council in next year's sophomore class. A big, athletic forward, two athletic wings and a 6-4 point guard in the same class. Not a bad balance.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 31, 2020, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I'd perfer a younger lad for the third PG, but I don't get paid to make the decisions!
                    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      I'd perfer a younger lad for the third PG, but I don't get paid to make the decisions!
                      And who knows maybe the coaches do as well. Taylor adding Lathon to his recruiting grid doesn't provide any info on what the level of interest might be.

His freshmen year stats from UTEP aren't exactly stellar.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 31, 2020, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Comment

Transferring from Milwaukee. Averaged 7.5 points, 5.3 rebounds, 2.7 assists this season. Shooting percentages were not good at 38% fg / 31% from three / 66% from FT. Grad transfer.

View the profile of Morehead State Eagles Guard Jordan Lathon on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            Transferring from Milwaukee. Averaged 7.5 points, 5.3 rebounds, 2.7 assists this season. Shooting percentages were not good at 38% fg / 31% from three / 66% from FT. Grad transfer.

View the profile of Morehead State Eagles Guard Jordan Lathon on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Well, if he would just practice shooting more he would be better...right?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Well, if he would just practice shooting more he would be better...right?
                              Keep throwing them up. They'll eventually go in.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Keep throwing them up. They'll eventually go in.
                                Just keep battlin. Gotta get back in the gym and figure this out...

Comment

Working...
                                X