Kerwin Roach Jr. 15 SG 6-3 - Verbal Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm yea, he can kind of play...

Major league hops and showed off many times tonight on the ESPN.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• File this one in the I-miss-Tekele folder.

Comment

• Human highlight reel.

I'm impressed with what I've seen of Landry Shamet so far, but you can tell that Roach and Dazon Ingram would have been difference makers in this program.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• Cool dunk. Based on what I've seen, I'd still go with Shamet if I want to win games, but both Roach and Ingram certainly would have been good adds as well.

Comment

• Too bad only a half-full arena was there to see that dunk.

Comment

• Some on here seem to wish that we had Roach instead of who we signed. I'm perfectly happy with Shamet, Keyser, McDuffie, and everyone else we signed. Our basketball players are great athletes who take a back seat to no one, and wanted to be here. Let's face it, Roach probably was going to go to Texas all along.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                Some on here seem to wish that we had Roach instead of who we signed. I'm perfectly happy with Shamet, Keyser, McDuffie, and everyone else we signed. Our basketball players are great athletes who take a back seat to no one, and wanted to be here. Let's face it, Roach probably was going to go to Texas all along.
                I think it was Roach or Taylor based on timing. Roach hesitated and Taylor wanted to be a Shocker. I would have been thrilled to have Roach, but I am very happy to have Taylor. Their statistics are eerily similar; Both are averaging ~ 6 points in 17 minutes and sub .300 shooting percentages. The two differences are Roach is averaging 3.7 boards to TTIIs 2.2, and KRs 5:13 A:TO to Taylor's 9:6.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  I think it was Roach or Taylor based on timing. Roach hesitated and Taylor wanted to be a Shocker. I would have been thrilled to have Roach, but I am very happy to have Taylor. Their statistics are eerily similar; Both are averaging ~ 6 points in 17 minutes and sub .300 shooting percentages. The two differences are Roach is averaging 3.7 boards to TTIIs 2.2, and KRs 5:13 A:TO to Taylor's 9:6.
                  I think that Roach is a wing. We recruited Taylor as a point. Maybe Roach hesitated or maybe he just wanted to remain in Texas.

Comment

I think that Roach is a wing. We recruited Taylor as a point. Maybe Roach hesitated or maybe he just wanted to remain in Texas.
                    At the time of their recruitment, both players were playing wing guard. Both players said they were point guards at the D-I level. Roach may have selected Texas either way, but Roach made some tweets at the time of Taylor's commitment indicating that he was surprised by it.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      At the time of their recruitment, both players were playing wing guard. Both players said they were point guards at the D-I level. Roach may have selected Texas either way, but Roach made some tweets at the time of Taylor's commitment indicating that he was surprised by it.
                      Probably my poor memory, but I was thinking that Roach was listed as a SG that wanted to play point. There was an article that quoted his father that Kerwin chose Texas because they recruitied him as a PG. That's not to say Marshall did not. At that time, I was surprised by his father's words due to Texas' current roster and other recruits appeared to have the PG covered. It may have just come down to Roach wanting to play for Texas.

Comment

Some on here seem to wish that we had Roach instead of who we signed. I'm perfectly happy with Shamet, Keyser, McDuffie, and everyone else we signed. Our basketball players are great athletes who take a back seat to no one, and wanted to be here. Let's face it, Roach probably was going to go to Texas all along.
                        I agree 100%. But I will also say that now that we're on the subject, I am ready to predict that Rauno Nurger is shaping up to be a monumental bust. I don't think he'll see as much playing time next year as this year.

And even though I'm a big Shaq fan, I think his days are numbered. I think Darrlyn will be his replacement. Coach's hands are tied right now, but they won't be at the end of the season. Simply put, Shaq has put himself in this mess and Coach is stuck with him this year, but next year is a totally different story.

Comment

• Rauno just doesn't have game. Confused. Weary. Euro. Lol. If I were him...I'd transfer to a lower level in order to get some court time.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I'm not ready to give up on Nurger 1 game into his sophomore season. He certainly hasn't exploded onto the scene, but he has time yet to do so.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              Rauno just doesn't have game. Confused. Weary. Euro. Lol. If I were him...I'd transfer to a lower level in order to get some court time.
                              Nurger has game, he just doesn't have the body to match his game. That's his biggest problem. He was getting shoved all over the court during the Iowa game. I'm still open to him contributing, but I think he will contribute the most when paired with BW or Morris. They can bang it out and he can finesse he way to points.

Comment

• I'm not ready to give up on any of our sophomores yet, although one appears to give up on himself from time to time and everyone else has to suffer because of it. I still think Rauno will improve. Maybe not enough to ever be a starter, but enough to not be considered a bust. There are scholarship players around the country that graduate every year that have never broken the starting line-up. Will Nurger be a 4 year player, I have no idea. I'm just not ready to say he won't.
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X