New signee? Rauno Nurger from Sunrise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freed up Scholarship

It looks like the answer may have been provided in the Basketball section here under "New Recruit", Surely, we will get official confirmation from WSU within the next day or so

Comment

If someone is paying their own way, wouldn't it make sense that it would be the guy that has a pro career in the NBA ahead of him, and has already paid for one?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
        If someone is paying their own way, wouldn't it make sense that it would be the guy that has a pro career in the NBA ahead of him, and has already paid for one?
        I don't think anybody currently on the team will pay their own way this upcoming season.

Comment

After watching the YouTube video, he seems to have a little swagger.

I like.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

For those who flunked world history…

… and for those who are wondering…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Harley View Post
              Wessel is in-state so it might be cheaper for him but that's the only reason to think he might choose to pay his own way. He should be in the rotation again next year. He'd probably start for most Valley teams (especially if he gets his shot back) and his hard-nosed style of play would make him one of the guys we'd hate to play against. I'd love to see him play like Graham Hatch did in his SR year and I think he can.

Will be interesting to see how the numbers are resolved: somebody paying their own way, recruit changing their mind, academic problems, transfer for predicted lack of playing time, or something else?
              All WSU has to do is institute a "family discount" policy for a third generation family member of alumni from at least two or more previous generations (Everett & Todd) received a 95% discount on tuition.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

If anyone from the coaching staff ever read some of the Shockernet speculation about scholarships as WSU adds new players,

...he'd laugh so hard they'd need to shoot him with a tranquilizer dart to calm him down.
                ...he'd roll his eyes so emphatically his eyebrows would require a dose of Botox to restore them to normal position.
                ...(fill in your own disparaging comment...)

Shockernetters have very active imaginations and fantasy lives, most of which aren't nearly as picturesque as WstateU's.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  If anyone from the coaching staff ever read some of the Shockernet speculation about scholarships as WSU adds new players,

...he'd laugh so hard they'd need to shoot him with a tranquilizer dart to calm him down.
                  ...he'd roll his eyes so emphatically his eyebrows would require a dose of Botox to restore them to normal position.
                  ...(fill in your own disparaging comment...)

Shockernetters have very active imaginations and fantasy lives, most of which aren't nearly as picturesque as WstateU's.
                  Most of the questions asked here are the same that the local press are asking.

Even those who have followed the program closely for years wonder how the scholarship situation is going to work out.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Well, shizzle, I bought my first season tickets back in the late 70's (Harry Miller era), so I've been following closely for quite a while now. But I also know that Marshall always has that plan he referred to with investigative queen Jenn Bates, and that he makes things work out and does so properly.

So I don't feel the need to bend the posting guidelines by indulging in wild and unfounded speculation about specific players giving up scholarships, and I'll continue to scoff at those who do.
                    Last edited by WSUwatcher; June 4, 2014, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                      So I don't feel the need to bend the posting guidelines by indulging in wild and unfounded speculation about specific players giving up scholarships, and I'll continue to scoff at those who do.
                      Don't see how posting guidelines are being bent, but if it bothers you maybe message boards aren't your thing.
                      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        Where is his Assistant Coach going? :)
                        The assistant coach, who is favored by Nurger, is going to S. Florida.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                          Most of the questions asked here are the same that the local press are asking.

Even those who have followed the program closely for years wonder how the scholarship situation is going to work out.
                          This is what we know. Only 13 players will have a scholarship.

We do not know, which players on the squad will not have a scholarsip.

We do not know how non-scholarship players will finance their school expenses for the '14-'15 academic year.

I am pretty sure it will all work out without a rule violation.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                            The assistant coach, who is favored by Nurger, is going to S. Florida.
                            Based on the Sports Daily interview, SF may already have another Sunrise Big going there..
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

So we just Nurgered -Up big time. YES!!!!
                              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                              - said no one ever...

Comment

Any chance one of our recruits or current ballers is a brainiac worthy of an exemptable academic scholly?
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X