• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunrise Christian center Rauno Nurger signs with Wichita State

The story by Paul Suellentrop.

Comment

could really see Brown and Nurger redshirting together

Comment

Don't think so; they've both had one extra "prep" season; should be more ready than other freshmen.

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
          Don't think so; they've both had one extra "prep" season; should be more ready than other freshmen.
          makes sooooooooo much sense

Comment

Excited to see all the new guys!
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
              If you watch that video by KWCH where Marshall talks about the Sunrise players, he says that Sunrise has prepared them well to play at this level. So it sounds like both Brown and Nurger are ready to go.

Comment

Wessel should pay his own way.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                  Why him? Why not one of the freshmen, or Holland, the last person to decide to come? Wessel has earned his scholarship just as much as anyone else.

Comment

By the way. If anyone volunteers to give up their scholarship or decides with Coach that they are willing or able to give it to someone else, I'm all for it. But too many on here pick on Wessel as the one who should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                      Zach Brown is the last freshman I would expect to redshirt.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                        Zach Brown is the last freshman I would expect to redshirt.
                        Yes, Zach already practiced with the team last summer. He probably has a little knowledge about how things are done at practice and maybe a little offense.

Comment

The logic behind Wessell should be willing to redshirt is stupid...why should he...is his dad loaded or makes millions?? He earned his schollie, plays and earns it everyday. Most likely I dont see someone coming in...one of the new guys.

Comment

Days like today are so great. I've been waiting for some good news.

Next up: the assistant coach. Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                              Lots of foolishness on here about people paying their own way.

The only way Wessel should give up his scholarship is if SPE pays it for him, but I think the SPE Endowed Scholarship would probably be an NCAA violation. Just assume Marshall has a plan -- he always does -- and save us all the gratuitous and insulting speculation.

Comment

Wessel is in-state so it might be cheaper for him but that's the only reason to think he might choose to pay his own way. He should be in the rotation again next year. He'd probably start for most Valley teams (especially if he gets his shot back) and his hard-nosed style of play would make him one of the guys we'd hate to play against. I'd love to see him play like Graham Hatch did in his SR year and I think he can.

Will be interesting to see how the numbers are resolved: somebody paying their own way, recruit changing their mind, academic problems, transfer for predicted lack of playing time, or something else?

Comment

Working...
                                X